Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Barkley: I had gay teammates

I love how the myth about homosexuals somehow being sex crazed lunatics or something continues to permeate even today. Like gay people literally can't exist in normal society without going around trying to make passes at and sleep with everything of the same sex that moves. People observe the stereotypes in movies and television (overtly effeminate, catty, sexually permissive, flamboyant) and make outlandish, broad generalizations about the entire lot. Watching "Cops" and seeing slews of black people arrested for various things doesn't justify the "all black people are criminals" idea. Not entirely sure how and why people are so threatened by a group of individuals who live just like them in practically every other facet of day-to-day life outside of who they're attracted to.

This is coming from a dude with an unblemished record of heterosexuality. No 'closet case' garbage about it. It's not otherworldly to practice tolerance for people who lead different lives outside of 'the norm'. Props to Barkley for bringing the real talk.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

"Hell, Some days my teammates would just play nude during practice." WTF? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I whole heartedly disagree. What if the NBA decided to ban black people from joining the league? Or attending their games?
    Are people ****ing joking? Let's discriminate because that right needs to be protected? Really? Are people ****ing kidding? Is this 1950?

Anyone who watches the NBa with how multicultural it is, and how little white it is, and sits there thinking "Discrimination is ok" has me shaking my head.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I love how the myth about homosexuals somehow being sex crazed lunatics or something continues to permeate even today. Like gay people literally can't exist in normal society without going around trying to make passes at and sleep with everything of the same sex that moves. People observe the stereotypes in movies and television (overtly effeminate, catty, sexually permissive, flamboyant) and make outlandish, broad generalizations about the entire lot. Watching "Cops" and seeing slews of black people arrested for various things doesn't justify the "all black people are criminals" idea. Not entirely sure how and why people are so threatened by a group of individuals who live just like them in practically every other facet of day-to-day life outside of who they're attracted to.

This is coming from a dude with an unblemished record of heterosexuality. No 'closet case' garbage about it. It's not otherworldly to practice tolerance for people who lead different lives outside of 'the norm'. Props to Barkley for bringing the real talk.
    i've known quite a few gay people in my life and none have made a pass at me. Do people who worry about this live in constant danger of random women jumping on them? Because it's about the same expecting some random dude to jump on you.

I'm with Barkley, whoever can help me i'm ok with. I'm also ok with if someone is bothered by someone being gay, them removing themselve from said event. (If there is a team, and one person is gay, and because of that YOU quit the team that's fine. it's backwards, it's strange to me, but that is your right. What is not your right to decide that you can't take it, so you want the person excluded, and you included.)

nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyRhlGae-M

what if this really happen

Decent playground baller Laimbeer_Rodman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Mike Gminski and Gumby seem like more likely candidates.
    wouldn't it be hysterical to turn out that Rick Mahorn was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ_Time
    But it's not, really. If it's a private business, the owner should be allowed to run it as he/she pleases, no matter how stupid it may be. I can't think of too many worse business decisions, however, than not allowing a certain race into your establishment.

One shouldn't be forced to allow everyone into their establishment. That's infringing on their rights. It's a private business...not government affiliated.
    Having a private business does not mean you can do whatever you want and are exempt from the constitution. (or should be) Damn thanks for the laugh of the day son, you are a bonafide idiot.