Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default True Blood Season 4 Discussion

Let that Mfer Gundress copy and paste from other forums in his thread. Use this one for "official" discussion of the latest season of HBO's True Blood.

Personally, I thought the fairy world scene at the beginning was a little bit of a stretch, going from this idyllic scene to what resembled a cheesy sci-fi flick from the 60s. But having Sooki lose a year was a clever gimmick imo.

What I like so far:

Bill being the badass king.
    Andy addicted to V.
    Tara as a lesbian cage fighter.

What I'm not quite digging yet:

The witch thing, although the message from Eddie was kinda cool.
    The story with Sam and his brother is getting kinda old. I was hoping he had killed him last season.
    Jason and the in-bred panther people, although it was kind of humorous when they locked him in the freezer.

Default Re: True Blood Season 4 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bagelred
    The problem with True Blood now is there are way too many characters and too many storylines going on simultaneously.

Vampires, shapeshifters, fairies, werewolves, now witches......i dunno....i feel they are throwing alot of shit to the wall, but its just too much.......
    Yeah it's a distraction because the vampire story(s) is still the most compelling.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's a little too soon to complain too much. They had so much to re-set up here.

I'm not crazy about the fairy realm at all. And I hope that's all we see of fairy grandaddy Lundberg. The fruit bombs, the old Planet of Apes sets. It was all just too much for me.

Lesbian cagefighter Tara is interesting to me. Especially if she comes back to Bon Temps with a romantic interest in Sookie now. Because as I've said many times, I feel a big ensemble cast works best when they're all tied up together, and Sookie is the hub to the spokes of this show, and it works best the more people that are hovering around her. Tara could really use something to make her interesting after last season where she spent most of her time screeching and being annoying.

I'm sort of into the witch element. I'm not so into Lafayette and Jesus, particularly because Lafayette has become too over the top. But the witches are a nice new element. There has to be something.

Bill's ascension to political heights is very intriguing. Mostly because I've never liked Bill, and to now have a real reason not too may help my viewing experience. And Eric is far more interesting as a suitor. The house buying thing was a gimmick I can live with.

And the thing that makes me most hopefull, is that Jason seems to be back hovering around Sookie, where last year he was a full blown B-story, unrelated to the main narrative. And the witch reporting to Bill makes me think there will be a tie in through Bill to Sookie of Lafayette and the witch coven. As I said, the more tangled up it gets the better.

So far the only real disconnects seem like they're gonna be:
    Sam, which is a shame, because I really like his character. His brother living with Hoyt's mother seems like a horrible sidetracking that they're going to feel compelled to dump 10-15 minutes into every week thats gonna feel like a waste of time.

That horribly annoying waitress, with the serial killer baby. God I hope they can keep her to a minumum.

Jessica may be disconnected some as well, but if she's out hunting and is sort of in her vampire puberty, that'll be cool enough for me to stomach as an aside.

I'm nervous. I feel like this show kind of hit a wall somewhere about halfway through season two, and while it's had moments of bouncing back, I'm not positive I can continue going on saying it's good. But I'll settle for entertained, and I'm still hopefull it'll be good.

The jump in year was probably needed for a show that has literally gone almost in it's own real time, where an episode ends and starts the next week at the same instant. So the jump in year allows them to develop the characters some which they really haven't had the chance to do in three seasons. Since season one started to the end of season three it had really been about 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    So far the only real disconnects seem like they're gonna be:
    Sam, which is a shame, because I really like his character. His brother living with Hoyt's mother seems like a horrible sidetracking that they're going to feel compelled to dump 10-15 minutes into every week thats gonna feel like a waste of time.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseBelieve
    Oh, and tara looking good as hell this season.
    Oh yeah. She's been working out definitely. And the chick she's bedding down with is freakin hot too.

The Chamber of Commerce broad who's also working on Sookie's mortgage (the kind of statement that makes me wonder what's wrong with me to enjoy this so much), is also smoking hot. She also appears to have something going on with Bill judging by the look he gave her at the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Anyway, she was the crime reporter / Trinity's daughter who was nailing the dipshit Irish cop a couple seasons ago on Dexter ... and she's also smoking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The Chamber of Commerce broad who's also working on Sookie's mortgage (the kind of statement that makes me wonder what's wrong with me to enjoy this so much), is also smoking hot. She also appears to have something going on with Bill judging by the look he gave her at the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Anyway, she was the crime reporter / Trinity's daughter who was nailing the dipshit Irish cop a couple seasons ago on Dexter ... and she's also smoking hot.
    Yeah she's intriguing. I liked her thoughts when she and Sookie were signing papers. If she's tight with Bill she must know that Sookie can read her mind.

I hope we see her naked soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Yeah she's intriguing. I liked her thoughts when she and Sookie were signing papers. If she's tight with Bill she must know that Sookie can read her mind.

I hope we see her naked soon.
    I'm pretty sure there was nudity, and I know there were some fairly explicit sex scenes with her on that season of Dexter, so I'm guessing it'll happen.

I was wondering what else this show could to do piss off conservatives and then all the sudden we get interracial lesbian sex.

Yeah it's a distraction because the vampire story(s) is still the most compelling.
    I like how you took my comment from another thread and put it in this thread, just so you could have your thread continue.

Very clever. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I like how you took my comment from another thread and put it in this thread, just so you could have your thread continue.

Very clever. You win.
    I should copy this quote to Gundress' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Rufus, be honest... The only reason you watch this show is because you are fascinated by fangs due to your dentist nature.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I should copy this quote to Gundress' thread.

mfer, you don't do this shit to bagelred and very shame on you and you don't do what I do...okay? Only Gundress can get away with it....so can you undy that mfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundress
    mfer, you don't do this shit to bagelred and very shame on you and you don't do what I do...okay? Only Gundress can get away with it....so can you undy that mfer.
    mfer, you don't tell me shit to do very shame on you mfer. You can undy rufus mfer.