Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default GT: Game 5 @ Pistons 11/09

Los Angeles Clippers(4-0) vs Detroit Pistons(3-1)

WHEN: Friday, November 9th at 5:00 PM Pacific/8:00 PM Eastern
WHERE: The Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit, Michigan
MEDIA: KTLA the CW, NBA League Pass, ESPN AM 710
Clippers Last Game: 104-89 Win @ Pacers
Pistons Last Game: 93-97 Loss @ Bulls

Clippers Projected Starters:

| | | |
Sam Cassell | Quinton Ross | Corey Maggette | Tim Thomas | Chris Kaman

Key Reserves:

Dan Dickau | Al Thornton | Paul Davis

Pistons Projected Starters:
| | | |
Chauncy Billups | Richard Hamilton | Tayshaun Prince | Rasheed Wallace | Antonio McDyess

Key Reserves:
Ronald Murray | Jarvis Hayes | Jason Maxiell

Q's Prediction: Clippers Win 97-92

Q's Prediction Record: 3-1
Again, I'm flopping from my original prediction as I think Clippers will come out and somehow be able to win this game. It will go down to the wire, and Sammy will once again play like a beast in the clutch and lead this injury decimated squad to a 5-0 record. Pistons are coming off a loss and won't arrive in Detroit until the morning of the game I believe, while Clippers are already there, so that should be some sort of advantage. To those whom will be at the game/viewing party, make some noise and let's take this victory!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Re: GT: Game 5 @ Pistons 11/09

This is going to be a very tough game, especially considering we have not won in this arena since 2001 but for some reason I think we may be able to tough a win out. This will definately be a statement game if we pull off a victory.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
qrich
King Heno

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...rts-nba-clippe

Quote:
Cuttino Mobley (strained right groin) will not play against Detroit tonight and could be sidelined up to a week. He sustained the injury early in Wednesday's game, a day after scoring 33 points against the Chicago Bulls.

Forward Corey Maggette is also questionable tonight after going to the floor hard on a drive to the rim in Indiana. He aggravated a bruised tailbone, an injury that he has played with since training camp.

Forward Ruben Patterson will be a game-time decision after reinjuring his dislocated right pinkie.

And point guard Brevin Knight, who turned 32 Thursday, is probable after not playing against the Pacers because of a sore lower back. He sustained the injury after a hip check by Chicago's Ben Wallace on Tuesday.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

7:41 left and Detroit is up 13-6 on a 9-0 run or so. Nothing falling for the Clippers and Pistons are playing Detroit basketball. Clippers need to hit some shots and not let this game get out of reach early.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

Time-out on the floor and Pistons lead, 25-18.

Kaman with 10 points already, but besides him, it doesn't seem like we have much going on on the offensive end while the Pistons can't seem to miss. Maggette shooting two when the game is back on and we need those two points from Corey and hopefully the team wakes up on offense and are able to string together some good possessions.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Pistons up 31-21 at the end of one.

Like previously said, Pistons seem like they won't ever miss no matter what kind of shot they put up and the Clippers can't seem to buy a bucket due to the fact they can't get any sort of set going at the hands of this good Pistons defense. Glad that Knight and Patterson are playing, but hopefully those two along with Corey don't worsen their injuries.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
qrich
King Heno

Time-out on the floor, 8:50 left and Pistons are winning big 41-23. Besides Chris Kaman and his 12 points, nobody on the Clippers squad can seem to buy a bucket, and on the other end, the Pistons can't seem to miss, like this entire game. Hopefully Clippers get their acts together and put together some sort of run, any run at all would help
Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Clippers cut it down to 12, 48-36 Pistons with 2:28 left.

Atrocious basketball being played by the Clippers, no word for it really. Patterson blew a fast break by pretty much air balling a gimme layup, but Sammy had a nice steal leading to a 3 point play by Maggette, hopefully he completes it. Cut into this lead, make it single digits before the half, and you have a shot at winning
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Los Angeles Clippers 42
Detroit Pistons 59

At the half, Detroit has a nice 17 point cushion for the 2nd half. Clips managed to cut the lead down to 9, then stupid mistakes and fouls and the Pistons were back up by 17. I wonder what'll happen in the locker rooms. Detroit should be content, but will they try to blow the Clips out of the water by more then 20? Will the Clippers get some sort of energy coming out of the locker rooms and be able to make this a close game? Got to wait and see.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

2-1 on a 3 game Central Division road trip, I'm very happy with this, mainly 4-1 overall without Elton and Shaun and Mobley\Knight\Patterson missing for the Indy game. Major props to the Pistons, they truly are a great team and the team I think SHOULD come out of the East.

Good game for you guys, horrible for us, but I got a smile on my face for these results on this road trip.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #11
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

I could only see the boxscore, but was Thornton really as bad as his numbers show?
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
ClipperJosh
Saw a basketball once

Against Detroit...........he wasn't bad as that stats show. Tim Thomas was pretty bad.
ClipperJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: