Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rant Thread

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default A Rant Thread

I have friend of mine who is a Lakers fan. He know I'm a mod on the Knicks board and was wondering since I do alot of "ranting", I should make a thread about it.

I told him I would, and here it is.

My rant is about Al Harrington. he is a nice guy. I like him as a player, but come one guy.

How do you get around 30 mpg on a team, then think the coach doesn't like you.

Al was not in the doghouse. Ask Nate Robinson where D'antoni's doghouse is.

Bone headed plays normall get you shot to the bench, Mr. "Hang off the Rim and make your team lose" guy.

Fact is Al is a chucker. Otherwise called a scorer who can't shoot. Pitiful defender, not a shotblocker.

He can score in bunches, and miss them too.

And yeah, Al knew LeBron wasn't coming to New York.

Everyone knew after the fact.

Why not say it like Larry Hughes did, beforehand.

D'antoni loves guys who can shoot. Al can't shoot with anything close to efficiency.

It amazes me that guys who know they are borderline role-players always have something to say.

Harrington is a nice guy though. Just not a player to be count on for wins. Denver will see it soon.

Lee wanted to stay in New York also. Guess D' didn't like him either.

That's my rant for right now. I encourage everyone if you have a Knicks-related rant.....drop it in here, and have fun with it.

Default Re: A Rant Thread

Eddy Curry.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Al is like a very poor man's Melo.Maybe its a sign of stupidity brewing in the Nuggets headquarters and good fortune coming our way.

Not quite a rant today.

But I'm becoming a fan of Amar'e.

He sounds as if he really wants to be here and bring the Knicks back to respectability.

According to him and I do agree, it's the NY pressure that makes players shy away.

Right now I'm glad he is here. Hasn't talked unreasonable, and clearly has a chip and something to prove.

All I can say guy is "show the world you can still do it".

As the "Captain" and without Nash.

The Knicks will go where Stat goes.

Be careful on Team USA though. We need you on the Garden floor, and I don't mean sidelined.

Al is a good player just someone you don't count on to carry a team or win. I like Lee, I looked up to this guy, it's ashame to see him leave I'm so mad.

I've never hidden how deeply I dislike Al as a player.

He's a scorer with poor efficiency, he's a total black hole (hardly ever have I seen him pass the ball), and above all his basketball IQ is lower than a monkey's.

If I was a GM or a coach I would never want him in my team.

I am just so happy that he's gone.

He seems like a nice guy though, so I wish him luck.

Banned

now that he is the only proven offfensive player on this team, i have a feeling that STAT will be avging close to 30ppg this season...lee wasnt a proven scorer and managed a respectable 20ppg
    23 a game last season and thats with all his injuries. he should be 100%
    i was hoping he didnt go for the usa qualifiers. wanted him as fresh as possible but i will probably watch each game to see how well he plays. get a nice preview

STATs gonna bring his game and then sum

hes loving all the attention with his face plastered on msg every hour

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

Rant 1
    Eddy Curry
    The guy signs a large contract and then doesn't earn it. It's everyone elses fault, right Eddy?
    Get a backbone and start accepting personal responsibility.
    You're broke all the time, and you have another kid?
    Maybe you will get lucky like Doo Doo, and another team will over pay you too.

Rant 2
    Al Harrington
    I kinda liked the guy, but what is going on in that Alien (TM) looking skull?
    Hanging on rims repeatedly, dare I say, were you that dumb?
    Your shoes sucked too.
    Your going to a playoff team. Good for you. Me thinks we are going to be in the playoffs too Al.

Rant 3
    (No) D Lee
    I appreciated everything you did for the Knicks, but your unwillingness to try to play any Defense! soured me on you. I'm really not going to miss you. I know it's not all on you, but when guys were attacking the rim you looked like a matador out there. You could of led the league in taking charges, but you were like a gate swinging on hinges whenever someone took it to you. Offense is nice, but me, I like defense more.

Last Rant
    Coach D
    Hire an assistant coach that preaches defense. The Knicks should bow down and kiss JVG's feet and beg him to come back. All coach's posse didn't work in Phoenix, so it's surely NOT going to work here either. Defense wins championships, ask anybody. If coach will not bend on defense, show him the door after this season. (Since LeFag didn't come anyways).

lmao i loved your rant Earl.best one i've heard in years and re-reading some of the comments i've left i thought i took the cake.Rameek goes off alot too lol. since we're in a ranting mood heres mine

#1 Knicks media and management
    STOP BLAMING ISAIAH AND MARBURY FOR EVERYTHING!!!THEYVE BEEN OUTTA TOWN FOR OVER A YEAR NOW.THEY BOTH MADE MISTAKES BUT THEY ARE FAR FROM THE ONLY REASON WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE.THAT EXCUSE HAS BEEN USED UP SO MUCH ITS RIDICULOUS.AND THEN ON TOP OF THAT,DONT RIP ZEKE AND THEN TRY TO USE HIS SKILLS BECAUSE YOU CANT MARKET THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE WORLD TO GET THE PLAYER YOU TANKED TWO SEASONS FOR.end of the day zeke blew it with every big man he signed and overpayed alotta guys but he did bring in alot of talent and was excellent on draft night.As for Marbury,he became a terrible teammate but alot of that was due to unprofessionalism on the Knicks management and coaching staffs side.End of the day,ppl rip Marbury and said he wasnt a good guy everywhere he went but until he came here he was avg 20 n 8. Nowadays thats a perennial allstar pg hands down.We could have made things work and I honestly feel we caused his breakdown and demise as much as he did.

#2 Mike D'Antoni
    THIS IS THE NBA NOT THE NFL.YOUR NOT AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. YOUR A HEAD COACH.YOU HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE!!!!THERES NO WAY AROUND IT.YOUR NOT THE COLTS OR THE SAINTS OR THE WARNER LED RAMS (GREATEST SHOW ON TURF)....NBA (NO BOYS ALLOWED)!!! GO GET A GUY WHO CAN BLOCK AN F-IN SHOT!!!MAYBE EVEN A PROJECT LIKE THABEET OR VARNADO OR SOMETHING AND SPEND A FEW MINUTES A DAY ON DEFENSE IN PRACTICE FOR ONCE!!! AND STOP WITH THE SMALL FORWARD SIZE GUYS PLAYING CENTER.THE 5 POSITION ISNT NEARLY WHAT IT USED TO BE BUT C'MON.YOU STILL CANT HAVE DAVID LEE OR ANTHONY RANDOLPH PLAYING CENTER.THATS RIDICULOUS.someone needs to do like my old coaches did and make this guy have a practice w/o the basketball.

#3 James Dolan
    If your gonna clearly stick your neck into the business and be a "hands on" owner...MAKE YOUR GM GET A REALLY GOOD PG!!!cmon since the patrick ewing years we've yet to have a good team lead by a good pg.i still say if we had a pg we woulda got over the hump @ least once when pat was here.we always run our good pgs outta town.they get thrown in our laps and more often than not they ARE FROM NY!!! We ran Mark Jackson outta town. We ran Rod Strickland outta town and we ran Stephon Marbury outta town. We came back with bums like Chris Duhon and Charlie Ward and Howard Eisley and Gren Anthony and got guys past their prime like Derek Harper and Mo Cheeks and Doc Rivers.If I became owner of the Knicks the 1st thing I say to my GM is go out an get me an elite pg.If you can get a superstar fine but if you dont get a good pg in 2 yrs time you're fired

#4LeBron James
    Not just ranting because I wanted him to be a Knick but because he's the biggest sissy in sports.go out and compete!!!what a punk move.I woulda hated him for goin to chitown.i woulda thought it was dumb if he went to the nets or stayed home or became a clipper but i woulda respected him.I have no respect for a guy @ 25 saying I cant win against my peers so I'll tag along.Please ppl,if you are a fan of basketball,do not EVER mention his name in the same breath as Jordan again...or even Kobe,Magic or Bird for that matter.I made that mistake but clearly he doesnt have the heart to man up and WIN a ring.He wants to be given one.You might as well go buy one from a jewelry store LeBron because winning a ring with one of the top 3 players in the league and one of the top 3 big men in the league means absolutely nothing.You dont brag that you won in madden if your playing w/ the settings on rookie.
    Last edited by franchize; 07-20-2010 at 11:32 AM.

^ I'm relieved that Gallo isn't part of your rants anymore ;-)

lmao nah i never h8ted Gallo but i didnt like that he was becoming a god in some of you guys posts lol. Especially Bano....he has a crush on the guy lmao

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    lmao nah i never h8ted Gallo but i didnt like that he was becoming a god in some of you guys posts lol. Especially Bano....he has a crush on the guy lmao

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]Ok I dont have a lot to rant about. I rarely rant about players because I rather blame the President/GM and Coach for either acquiring said player or not putting a player in the best position to win.

Obviously I am not pleased about how the Jerome James and Eddy Curry situations turned out but at the time I didnt kill either move. I didnt like the fact that IT traded Camby and Nazr Mohammed that left the Knicks in those positions to acquire them.

Currently, If Walsh is going to give away all the Knicks talented players for nothing then he should have told Mike to play the kids as starters regardless of record outcomes. If this was going to be 2 throw away years then it would have made sense to play them and make them the focal point of the team. The Knicks werent going to win either way but at least know what you have.

Dumbtoni is an awful coach with bad in game decisions, substitutions, rotations, and communication with his players. No player knew their role or what was the expectations of them.

The losing will continue until the President/GM and Dumbtoni have better communication with one another. Dumbtoni communicates with his players. I dont have any faith in either one of these guys to make this happen. The talent has improved this year so that MAY translate into a few more wins.

Walsh you dont give a 5 year 99million dollar guaranteed and UNINSURED contract to a player a year removed from microfracture surgery and eye issues. Although I love the acquisition of Turiaf, Kaz, and Randolph they are all coming off an injured year. I do believe that CJ watson could have been acquired in addition as well but I wont kill that.

[/COLOR]

I don't have a rant today, seems that Franchize, Earl, and Rameek, got it covered for a minute.

Totally glad Knicks Mgt. shut down Amare's Team USA bid.

Doesn't need to risk injury out there.

one thing i think that doesnt get publicized enough is the fact that D'Antoni rips his guys in the media and thats a no-no

as a guy who played sports,i know the unwritten rule that you can hound a player but you keep it in house.everyone doesnt need to know your business. its like a romantic relationship.the good ones arent good because they dont have arguments.me and my fiance' argue...but the difference between her and other chicks i've dated is that she doesnt go running her mouth to her friends and posting personal stuff on facebook.D'Antoni is very unprofessional and im honestly scared that it may come back to haunt us.its already showed up multiple times with marbury and amare in phx and here