Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Chris Paul wins FMVP next season......

Let's just say Paul wins FMVP in 2015......Which isn't that insane to think about. He's the third best player in the league I doubt LeBron 4-peat's...SO the door is WIDE OPEN in 2015....Let's say he wins it..Hypothetical....

Who does he pass up on the all-time list? Because his accomplishments are pretty up there. Statistically, he's GOAT PG...It's not close....Statistically..

So where would he rank? I'd have him top 20 without a doubt. And a top 5 PG easy.

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Default Re: If Chris Paul wins FMVP next season......

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Let's just say Paul wins FMVP in 2015......Which isn't that insane to think about. He's the third best player in the league I doubt LeBron 4-peat's...SO the door is WIDE OPEN in 2015....Let's say he wins it..Hypothetical....

Who does he pass up on the all-time list? Because his accomplishments are pretty up there. Statistically, he's GOAT PG...It's not close....Statistically..

So where would he rank? I'd have him top 20 without a doubt. And a top 5 PG easy.

he has a top 3 MVP candidate at PF, the 6th man of the year, a championship coach and the deepest team in the league behind him and he still doesn't get out of the 2nd round

NBA Superstar

wait, you'd rather have Chris Paul than Dwyane Wade?

what the ****...

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKilla

he has a top 3 MVP candidate at PF, the 6th man of the year, a championship coach and the deepest team in the league behind him and he still doesn't get out of the 2nd round
    Did you see how Blake Griffin played against OKC? He wasn't even a top 5 player in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    wait, you'd rather have Chris Paul than Dwyane Wade?

what the ****...
    With a FMVP? Yeah...

He's a disgrace like melo

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Did you see how Blake Griffin played against OKC? He wasn't even a top 5 player in the series.
    Point guards are supposed to make it easier on their teammates, Chris Paul is not a top 3 player, he plays on a stacked team and can't make it out of the 2nd round, he's never been to a conference finals..

he's overrated and straight up choked the game away against OKC.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Steve Nash, Kevin Johnson, and Magic Johnson all had 20 ppg and 10 apg type stats I believe.

So i don't know what you mean by that, or i guess you just forgot about them.

High School Starter

Refs! Okc don't deserve to be in the wcf but wwe on the other hand

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Steve Nash, Kevin Johnson, and Magic Johnson all had 20 ppg and 10 apg type stats I believe.

So i don't know what you mean by that, or i guess you just forgot about them.
    Nah man, advanced stats. ORTG, DRTG, WS, WS/48, PER. He blows them all out. And is actually#4 all-time in WS/48 for his career.

Decent college freshman

Clippers will be in the mix and I think they need another year to gel as a team (Collison, Dudley, Granger, Baby, Bullock, JJ, and Turkoglu were all integrated last summer or in-season) and to get used to their schemes. I know the roster won't likely be the same, but they have some issues they need to address:
    -no frontcourt depth
    -weakness at SF

I think they have the non-tax payer's MLE this summer, so they should spend it wisely (unlike the way they handled the Bledsoe trade). To address the back-up big man need, they could look at Spencer Hawes. Can theoretically play with either Griffin or Jordan, has legit size, and shot like 45% on catch-and-shoot 3s in Cleveland.

Barnes is a good defensive option who can hit some 3s, but I think he's best as a reserve. They can address starting SF through draft or FA, though not much is in their price range (unless they do S&T sending out Barnes + Dudley + pick(s)).

I'd also look for Griffin to make a step again next year and Jordan has to play better in playoffs. His effectiveness sunk imo as soon as he faced OKC's size.

Regarding CP3's historical placement if he were to win a FMVP + ring next year? He'd have a definitive case for best PG since Magic + Thomas. Idk if he'd be top 20 all time, but I could see a case for top 5 PG solidified by such an accomplishment.

If he never messed up his meniscus, he'd probably have made a Finals by now. In fact, Paul with 90% of his peak athleticism would have likely made Finals this year. They should have made WCF, but that's neither here nor there.

Top 3-5 PG all-time easily if this happens. Only thing holding his career back is team success/deep playoff runs. No other PG has better numbers and all around play than him and him not having an MVP doesn't mean anything in terms of PG rankings because Magic, Oscar and Nash are the only PG's with MVP's.

His lack of team success in the playoffs hurts him real bad. No one cares about or respects his numbers/play in the postseason if his team isn't winning just like they wouldn't care for anybody else, it's just looked at as empty stats. He's past the point where he's ranked because of how he plays, now it's just about winning. A ring would do his career wonders. Hope he wins one.

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

There is so much idiocy in this post I don't know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    There is so much idiocy in this post I don't know where to begin.
    Ok. Breakdown the"idiocy" in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Top 3-5 PG all-time easily if this happens. Only thing holding his career back is team success/deep playoff runs. No other PG has better numbers and all around play than him and him not having an MVP doesn't mean anything in terms of PG rankings because Magic, Oscar and Nash are the only PG's with MVP's.

His lack of team success in the playoffs hurts him real bad. No one cares about or respects his numbers/play in the postseason if his team isn't winning just like they wouldn't care for anybody else, it's just looked at as empty stats. He's past the point where he's ranked because of how he plays, now it's just about winning. A ring would do his career wonders. Hope he wins one.
    agreed. I really hope he wins one so people can realize how great he is.