Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-05-2019, 06:52 PM   #2431
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

I think we are for real, but we will be truly tested this month. We have the toughest schedule in December. 2-1 so far. Avery Bradley is coming back soon too.

Only issue I have.. Our offense has been bit too streaky at times, especially in 3rd quarters. We will need some time to gel. If we can just get that streakiness under control, we will be unstoppable.

Kuzma is another question mark. I am bit disappointed to see he has not improved since last year. He was going to be that #3 guy, but I don't know.. He might have regressed a bit, but I want to give him two more months to see how he looks
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #2432
dd24
NBA lottery pick

What's everyone's take on the Kuzma trade rumors? I don't see the Lakers being able to pull off much at the trade deadline. I think the buyout people or someone like Collison will be what they could do to help at this point.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #2433
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
What's everyone's take on the Kuzma trade rumors? I don't see the Lakers being able to pull off much at the trade deadline. I think the buyout people or someone like Collison will be what they could do to help at this point.

Well, the only way I trade Kuzma is if we get a stud or young starter in return. That's a short list..

I would probably trade Kuzma for Bogdanovic from Kings. Boggie is a solid 3pt shooter and clutch for end of games. He can also facilitate passing.

Imagine closing games with AD/LeBron/Green/Boggie/KCP or Bradley or Caruso depending on who is playing well that game. We can still add Collision and potentially Iguodala if he is ever released. That's a lot of 3-and-D players and the deepest team in the nba.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #2434
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Yeah, but Bogdanovic is going to cost some money after this season. And I don't think the Kings want to trade him for Kuzma.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:19 AM   #2435
bladefd
The Renaissance man

I would try for Robert Covington as well. Maybe Twolves might prefer the much younger Kuzma for long term.

Davis Bertans is another possibility. Popovich liked him but they had an agreement with Marcus Morris. Spurs traded Bertans to Washington to make room for Morris. Then Morris backs out of deal, screwing over Spurs. Bertans is tearing it up from 3pt line in Washington. Only question is his defense.. So I don't know. Of course LeBron would love it.

I would seriously wonder about Marcus Morris too. He is a very good shooter who plays defense but is an expiring contract.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #2436
bladefd
The Renaissance man

^

I take back Bertans - he is too one-dimensional compared to Kuzma. I also take back Covington because he is way too similar to Danny Green to be worth adding.

I would still consider Marcus Morris though because he can create his own shot and brings a different dimension while spreading the field.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #2437
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Morris is definitely intriguing. I do agree about the other two. I think Kuzma is far better overall than Bertans and Covington. The only way I would want to see Kuzma moved is for a PG for the most part. He's still a really good player. Obviously his numbers are going to be down from what they were a bit with Lebron and AD out on the court. Somewhere else that he would get more shots up he would be averaging close to 20ppg.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:40 AM   #2438
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Do you get the vibe off of Kuzma that the Hollywood life had gotten to him? Idk if I get from his body language but he doesn’t look as hungry anymore. Maybe LA is too much for some people to continuously stay hungry when they’ve got it. He sure puts in work though, I hope.

I think this guy wakes up in the playoffs though and I think he knows that it’s a different ball game, different atmosphere come playoff time.

As for trading him, add depth to SG? I don’t trust them giving Avery Bradley more than 20 mins. in the playoffs nor do I trust him to stay healthy. So I really like Melton or Donte Divicenzo and both are cheap and serviceable young players (fantasy per-minute monster this Melton). Send Kuz to the Bucks for DD

Lots of teams heading into selling mode, gotta wonder if the Hawks would do Huerter for Kuz, lack of usage would hurt him, but he’d be an ideal fit long-term as they mesh.

Woo. 2020 Happy New Year!

Edit: no to morris pls. Total blackhole offensively. I had Mitchell Robinson in my fantasy team and had been watching 30+ Knick games and wow. Just wow. Morris loves it there too ‘cos he gets to be the leader and vet.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 01-16-2020 at 04:45 AM.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:03 AM   #2439
insidehoops
Administrator

The Lakers bench stepped up today. It was in a close-game loss to the Magic, so obviously it wasn't a good day for the Lakers, but a number of bench guys were bright-spots, especially from three-point range.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #2440
dd24
NBA lottery pick

The Bucks would be ripping the Lakers off if Kuzma was traded for Donte Divicenzo. No way would I do that. Let's make a team better they could face in the finals... not a chance.

There are a couple of names I found interesting. Derrick Rose and Spencer Dinwiddie. Rose has really been lighting it up. I do think he needs the ball in his hands some though. I think it's possibly better for his career to stay in Detroit and put up some good numbers for a while. He would be excellent off the bench when Lebron isn't in the game though. Dinwiddie I would do very quick. I think he doesn't fit in with the Nets with Kyrie there. No way he stays. And Dinwiddie is a very good young player at this point. Kuzma would fit in well with Kyrie, KD, Jordan, and LeVert. I think that one could be a win/win for everyone.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:10 PM   #2441
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
The Bucks would be ripping the Lakers off if Kuzma was traded for Donte Divicenzo. No way would I do that. Let's make a team better they could face in the finals... not a chance.

There are a couple of names I found interesting. Derrick Rose and Spencer Dinwiddie. Rose has really been lighting it up. I do think he needs the ball in his hands some though. I think it's possibly better for his career to stay in Detroit and put up some good numbers for a while. He would be excellent off the bench when Lebron isn't in the game though. Dinwiddie I would do very quick. I think he doesn't fit in with the Nets with Kyrie there. No way he stays. And Dinwiddie is a very good young player at this point. Kuzma would fit in well with Kyrie, KD, Jordan, and LeVert. I think that one could be a win/win for everyone.

Not a straight up for DD but in a package. The thing is, I know Kuz has had a rough start due to injuries, but I donít know if youíre overvaluing Kuz or Iím undervaluing Kuz. What Bogdan has proved + potential ceiling and compare it to Kuz, if Iím the Kings, thereís no way in hell Iíd do that trade. I think this is what he is at this point and best case scenario, a consistent shooter.

And if the Lakers were to trade him for someone like Dinwiddie who is a high usage guy ó Pelinka
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:52 PM   #2442
bladefd
The Renaissance man

We don't have the assets or draft picks to do very much.

The more I think about it, the more I think we should just stand pat. Add Collision and/or Iguodala if released (waive Kostas Antetokounmpo & send Horton-Tucker+Cook to d-league if extra spot is necessary) and call it a season. Minutes will be tough to work out, but you can always keep benched Rondo, Cook, Dudley, Daniels

Last edited by bladefd : 01-18-2020 at 09:57 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: