Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Lakers fans were we Rockets fans right about Dwight

That what you guys received last season was a less than fully recovered from back surgery and not in game shape Dwight Howard? Have you seen his recent play here with the Rockets? Do you feel like he's the same player or have you come to terms with him actually being healthy AND playing with more effort? I'll admit, he's still not Orlando Dwight, but he looks a looooooot better than he did last season. I'm not looking at his numbers per say, but how he plays on the court. His movements and things like that.

Default Re: Lakers fans were we Rockets fans right about Dwight

I said this when he signed in Houston.

His play last season was mainly down to his back and not being up to speed. I said at the start of the season you would see closer to the Orlando Dwight than the one we saw last year. His play this year is exactly what I expected to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net

His play last season was mainly down to his back and not being up to speed. I said at the start of the season you would see closer to the Orlando Dwight than the one we saw last year. His play this year is exactly what I expected to see happen.
    So you said he would play better in his second season after back surgery than his first. Bold prediction.

I can't lie, I kinda sorta lost hope towards the start of the season. I just figured he'd be back to 100% Orlando Dwight at the very start. After the Knicks game I had pretty much come to terms that he was 100% healthy and that's just the best that we were gonna get. Here lately though he's been looking sooooooo good. Some of those old post moves were coming back to him. Then I heard an interview last week and he said he's still not fully healed and that it would indeed take a few years. I don't know if he meant a few more or just a few total from when he had surgery. He still let me down with his lack of effort in the games I did watch though. Just cause that was my guy. I guess the bright side is that it all happened while he had on that ugly ass purple and gold lol.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    So you said he would play better in his second season after back surgery than his first. Bold prediction.
    Asshole lol. He's actualy a rational Laker fan. It's bold to hear something rational from a Laker fan I can't even lie.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Not exactly bold then is it when many here didn't say he would be that good In Houston and he was losing his touch

Many here were glad he left..I wasn't.

Hes still a cancer and a diva though... Also he playing this good doesnt surprise me one bit because i knew all he needed was time. It was the off the court antics that piss me off about him.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Hes still a cancer and a diva though... Also he playing this good doesnt surprise me one bit because i knew all he needed was time. It was the off the court antics that piss me off about him.
    Explain how he is a cancer? This is freaking basketball. You win with talent, not a group of the most likeable players.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Explain how he is a cancer? This is freaking basketball. You win with talent, not a group of the most likeable players.
    Don't know if Dwight can be called a cancer, but he is definitely a frontrunner.

He's not poisonous enough to lose you a certain title if he was on a stacked and well coached team with steady veteran leadership,
    but he doesn't have it in him to bring his teammates to another level. Look at the way that he ended terms with the Magic and the Lakers and you'll see who he is. Not one bit of leadership when they needed him most, and not one bit of accountability taken after.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

His play last year also had a lot to do with Kobe. The fact that Kobe is old now and still was being a dick about sharing the ball, and the spotlight, was a big reason why Dwight wasn't mentally happy and didn't have chemistry with the team.

Kobe has always been about Kobe. Ball stopping chucker. This is the 2nd time he ran off the league's best Center.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    His play last year also had a lot to do with Kobe. The fact that Kobe is old now and still was being a dick about sharing the ball, and the spotlight, was a big reason why Dwight wasn't mentally happy and didn't have chemistry with the team.

Kobe has always been about Kobe. Ball stopping chucker. This is the 2nd time he ran off the league's best Center.
    Yeah, and Dwight was robbed of the Nobel prize in Chemistry for the last few seasons in Orlando.

This isn't a Kobe problem, Dwight has shown he has no ability to provide any leadership or even keep his own shit together in anything other than the ideal circumstances for himself. He had a chance to show Kobe who's team it was in the playoffs, end result? He gave up, got swept and ejected in the clinching game, then he deflected all responsibility and ran away, in other words he did a Dwight.

He's a *****.

Banned

LOL. No you were wrong. This guy is a natural born loser. Just wait til the playoffs start and things get tough. See how happy you are with him watching him smiling and joking on the bench while getting blown out in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse

Dwight got the most touches of any big man in the league last season, and averaged 1 more touch a game then his best season in Orlando.

Get the phuck out with Kobe holding him back. Nash and Kobe kept trying to feed D12 easy looks for the entire first half of the season and all he did was screw it up.

So Dwight as a Laker averages more touches then he ever did as a Magic, and he still needs more touches?

Check out this bitchmade traitor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Have fun losing in the first and second round every year for the next five years XD Oh wait you're a Rockets fan, you're used to that already

Dwight has been better than I thought he would be. As a Fan of basketball I am glad he is doing great. As a Lakers Fan I hate it. lol

Yet let's be honest though, he said He did not want to come, and he did not fit in or like it. The Lakers and Dwight just did not work out. To me it was best they part ways.

He is a great athlete and puts up stats, but to me he just seems to lack that tangible something that the past bigs have had. I guess what Malone, Barkley, Shaq had. That Gritty attitude that meant it was go time. He is just wired different is all. Can't really hate him for it, just kind of trip that he isn't that way.
    I wish him all the best .. until He plays against the Lakers that is. Then i want him to have 2 pts. 1 reb 30 billion turnovers 0 blocks and fouls out!
    Yet that's with any other teams stars and players

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dwight got the most touches of any big man in the league last season, and averaged 1 more touch a game then his best season in Orlando.

Get the phuck out with Kobe holding him back. Nash and Kobe kept trying to feed D12 easy looks for the entire first half of the season and all he did was screw it up.

So Dwight as a Laker averages more touches then he ever did as a Magic, and he still needs more touches?

Check out this bitchmade traitor.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Have fun losing in the first and second round every year for the next five years XD Oh wait you're a Rockets fan, you're used to that already
    Damn