Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: Boston Celtics (5-3) vs Brooklyn Nets (4-2) 8:00 EST TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Good win for us. The Celtics are without Rondo, but we also play without Wallace. Anyone explain to me why Marshon Brooks only played like five and a half minutes?
    Since no one really gave you a legit answer: he played because the Nets had like 0 offense and Avery obviously got a little nervous. I don't think marshon was supposed to be back tonight but due to the UGLY play Avery was forced to.

Wonder when Rondo is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    What happened to the rebounder he was his rookie year? Smh Lopez. It wasn't special but it's better than these efforts now! He had two chances where's they just slip right out of his hands. I don't get it
    Those are more mental mistakes than physical right now. He's only 24 and the season is very early on this new team. But again.. all that matters is we are outrebounding our opponents.. I could care less about individual stats.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Probably. 10 points for tonight (5/7)
    If anyone was wondering he averages 8.4 1st quarter points per game.. if not for the goose egg against Miami, 9.8.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    If anyone was wondering he averages 8.4 1st quarter points per game.. if not for the goose egg against Miami, 9.8.
    Maybe he is freshest in the beginning? He is a huge guy. Remember Shaq later in his career, with Phoenix, with Miami. He always felt like he went off early and got like half of his points in the first qtr.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Maybe he is freshest in the beginning? He is a huge guy. Remember Shaq later in his career, with Phoenix, with Miami. He always felt like he went off early and got like half of his points in the first qtr.
    He is, but Avery also has a habit of going away from him for stretches (esp. in the 2nd half) which is pointless. If you're going to have him in, ride him, otherwise he wastes energy on his attempts to post up which he still does. He still a much more efficient option than Iso-Joe or giving it to Hump at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Since no one really gave you a legit answer: he played because the Nets had like 0 offense and Avery obviously got a little nervous. I don't think marshon was supposed to be back tonight but due to the UGLY play Avery was forced to.
    He was supposed to be back, but I think Avery was just being cautious.. that and the team has been playing well since he left, but he is needed in that 2nd unit for offense. In fact, I'd rather him play point that CJ with the 2nd unit.. CJ as the SG since he has a nice stroke.. just hasn't been falling as of late.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I honestly believe the Nets would beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Not because of this game, but more so for matchup purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I honestly believe the Nets would beat the Celtics in a playoff series. Not because of this game, but more so for matchup purposes.
    It sure as hell wouldn't be because of this game. Did you watch the game?

It sure as hell wouldn't be because of this game. Did you watch the game?
    They showed some stat last night that the C's are 29-15 w/o Rondo so they can win without him. More importantly on BK's end, this was their first test in their home arena and they passed. They've been together all of 7 games, were without Wallace (and Brooks essentially) and passed the test. It doesn't tell me they are better than a healthy Celtics team, but it tells me good things about the team.

They showed some stat last night that the C's are 29-15 w/o Rondo so they can win without him. More importantly on BK's end, this was their first test in their home arena and they passed. They've been together all of 7 games, were without Wallace (and Brooks essentially) and passed the test. It doesn't tell me they are better than a healthy Celtics team, but it tells me good things about the team.
    He made a comment about the Nets beating the Celtics, nothing about last night made me confident the Nets have passed the Celtics. The Celtics were in early season cruise mode and didn't have Rondo. You'll see much more if you play them later. Anyone who thinks that was the Celtics has another thing coming.

I buy you saying this says something about the Nets, i don't but it saying anything about Boston.

He made a comment about the Nets beating the Celtics, nothing about last night made me confident the Nets have passed the Celtics. The Celtics were in early season cruise mode and didn't have Rondo. You'll see much more if you play them later. Anyone who thinks that was the Celtics has another thing coming.

I buy you saying this says something about the Nets, i don't but it saying anything about Boston.
    Your statement implied there was not good to be taken away if your BK. There was plenty of good to be taken away.

And actually it does tell me something about Boston.. that I knew. They need a back up PG badly. If Rondo is out of the game either resting or injured they are exploitable. That is not good.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 11-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Your statement implied there was not good to be taken away if your BK. There was plenty of good to be taken away.

And actually it does tell me something about Boston.. that I knew. They need a back up PG badly. If Rondo is out of the game either resting or injured they are exploitable. That is not good.
    I liked things. I'm talking purely Boston vs. Brooklyn. I don't think Boston played hard for a lot of the game, and they had no Rondo. It's like the Knicks beating Miami. The first game, i really was happy. ANd it was a huge step in the right direction. But it didn't make me feel they could beat them in a series.

It's all about steps, I don't see yet where Brooklyn made steps to knock off Boston when they barely beat them and Boston was more undermanned than they were.

Courtney Lee was good. So was Barbosa. The one good thing about not having Rondo is that those guys finally get to play. When Rondo is healthy, Rivers doesn't believe in anyone else touching the ball, much less running any plays. And with him out yesterday, it seemed like the two guys thrived. You see that Doc? Mr. Inspiration and his team coasts thru most of the regular season. Am bored.

With that said, those who can't se how valuable Rondo is..well, he's valuable.

29-15? The Celtics are 9 games into the season with this new cast. So that overall stat is almost pointless. I couldn't watch last night's game, but I know for a fact that the offense is even uglier without him.