Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Gucci Mane is the most underrated rapper of his generation

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Gucci is way more varied on the mic than Jeezy is. There has been little to no growth in Jeezy's spitting. The only thing that has improved from album to album for Jeezy is his beats. Gucci on the other hand, has been adding new flows and cadences to his arsenal at a break neck speed. Jeezy hasn't had a flow on any song as good as Gucci's flow on "D*mn Shawty".
    Jeezy's beats have gotten better since Thug Motivation 101?

Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You must have earned your bars speaking on something other than rap because you sound silly.

"Gucci man has flows?"

Nah son, sit the **** down lmao.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Gucci is way more varied on the mic than Jeezy is. There has been little to no growth in Jeezy's spitting. The only thing that has improved from album to album for Jeezy is his beats. Gucci on the other hand, has been adding new flows and cadences to his arsenal at a break neck speed. Jeezy hasn't had a flow on any song as good as Gucci's flow on "D*mn Shawty".

Smh.

Also, most people's first impression of the two was So Icey when they were rapping together.

Smh.

Also, most people's first impression of the two was So Icey when they were rapping together.
    Here's some of my attention young man.

They were both trash on "So Icy". By the second half of "Back To The Traphouse" Gucci had already become a better rapper than Jeezy. The space between the two only became larger over the years.

And yes the improvement between the production on 101 and 103 is vast.

Here's some of my attention young man.

They were both trash on "So Icy". By the second half of "Back To The Traphouse" Gucci had already become a better rapper than Jeezy. The space between the two only became larger over the years.

And yes the improvement between the production on 101 and 103 is vast.
    1. You didn't need to respond, just soak up some game.

2. You said first impressions might be why some don't like Gucci and I blasted that notion. Both rappers were first heard at the same time and on the same song (by most). Yeezy has gone on to do bigger and better things, sells more, has more respect in their hometown, and is a better artist by association. Jeezy put on Freddie Gibbs and works with Jay Z. Gucci?

3. Thug Motivation 101 was Jeezy's best produced album by far, you suck at rap analysis son. Suck! Cross your fingers when rap is being discussed here.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

There are at least 12 songs on 101, 103, and the Recession better than Gucci will ever make. 12 on each.

Some things gucci says may go over white folk heads but I'm a n!gga and I know exactly wat hes sayin, and the results are .......He still f*cking sucks ass ...I like 3 songs maximum he's ever done ...He's not better than Jeezy.

And lost ppl, if u hear this type of rapper say anything like "I got chickens in the coop" No! he's not a black farmer, he has large quantities of cocaine in his vehicle.

end rant /
    Last edited by branslowski; 10-21-2012 at 02:45 PM.

1. You didn't need to respond, just soak up some game.

2. You said first impressions might be why some don't like Gucci and I blasted that notion. Both rappers were first heard at the same time and on the same song (by most). Yeezy has gone on to do bigger and better things, sells more, has more respect in their hometown, and is a better artist by association. Jeezy put on Freddie Gibbs and works with Jay Z. Gucci?

3. Thug Motivation 101 was Jeezy's best produced album by far, you suck at rap analysis son. Suck! Cross your fingers when rap is being discussed here.
    If "So Icy" was the first time you heard Jeezy, or Gucci for that matter why would I value your "game"?

Look at your three "points" closely. They are weak. Your have an ignorance on the subject of both Gucci and Jeezy, yet you are still trying to proffer weak arguments.

For you music must fit your antiquated narrative of "inner city Black struggle" that views music as the cause of inner city black strife instead of it being merely symptomatic. You post the same inane ramblings in every single Hip Hop thread. Give that crap a nap son, its tired and fussy.

Both Gucci and Jeezy attempt to make catchy adlib heavy pop hop records. Gucci is just better at it. Working for Jay Z isn't necessarily a badge of honor. Memphis Bleek works for the man, and Jay Z has a sketchy track record when it comes to putting on quality artists. His cosign means nothing to me.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

both Gucci and Jeezy are two of the worst things to ever happen to rap (I won't even call it hip hop). If you enjoy either there is something wrong with the way you process music, see a doctor. Seriously, they're shitting in your ears and you're paying them to do it. There are many grey and subjective areas when it comes to personal taste in art, but I'm not wrong here, you are. Sonic garbage.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There are at least 12 songs on 101, 103, and the Recession better than Gucci will ever make. 12 on each.
    LMAOOOO worst post of the year, easily. and so disrespectful. Gucci's new mixtape was easily better than the recession. Gucci is BACK! listen to him this last year. Trap back, Im up, and Trap God are all GREAT mixtapes.
    Last edited by christian1923; 10-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.

If "So Icy" was the first time you heard Jeezy, or Gucci for that matter why would I value your "game"?

Look at your three "points" closely. They are weak. Your have an ignorance on the subject of both Gucci and Jeezy, yet you are still trying to proffer weak arguments.

For you music must fit your antiquated narrative of "inner city Black struggle" that views music as the cause of inner city black strife instead of it being merely symptomatic. You post the same inane ramblings in every single Hip Hop thread. Give that crap a nap son, its tired and fussy.

Both Gucci and Jeezy attempt to make catchy adlib heavy pop hop records. Gucci is just better at it. Working for Jay Z isn't necessarily a badge of honor. Memphis Bleek works for the man, and Jay Z has a sketchy track record when it comes to putting on quality artists. His cosign means nothing to me.
    Black men endorsing positive black images is "inane rambling?". Yeah, that seals it, you're really not as smart as you think you are....just because I urge young black listeners and artists to first consider the images they project before they present their art doesn't mean I can't appreciate all forms of rap. Some artists can and do portray a realistic representation.....Gucci and Jeezy do not. I am looking at their works as strictly entertainment, beyong my personal issues. Both are really sub par, but at least Jeezy doesn't sound like a mumble mouth idiot.

My points are strong. Most people heard Jeezy and Gucci on the same track (don't give me that bullshit like you were on to them so much sooner than most), Jeezy is more popular commercially, has more cred in the industry, puts out better artists (Gibbs is way better than Wocka), and makes better albums.

Thug Motivation 101> any Gucci album.

You picked a lame horse I'm this race point blank, and no amount of snobby rhetoric can save your choice....sorry Charlie.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 10-21-2012 at 07:09 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    2 Chainz is /thread

Serious playground baller AboveTheRim.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    both Gucci and Jeezy are two of the worst things to ever happen to rap (I won't even call it hip hop). If you enjoy either there is something wrong with the way you process music, see a doctor. Seriously, they're shitting in your ears and you're paying them to do it. There are many grey and subjective areas when it comes to personal taste in art, but I'm not wrong here, you are. Sonic garbage.
    QFT

/endthread

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    obviously tm101 and the recession are better than any gucci album and this statement doesn't mean anything. rap since both have started has been mixtapes with the exception of the superstars (kanye, jay-z, drake, ross). gucci has significantly more classic songs than jeezy over the same time and is more skilled at rapping, therefore he is the better rapper. it's very simple. stack bundles who would have been 30 today never got to the point of making an album and i don't hesitate at all to call him a legend.

chicken talk
    ea sportscenter
    gucci sosa
    the movi
    from zone 6 to duval
    writing on the wall
    cold war series
    the burrprint 3d
    mr zone 6

>>>>>>>

trap or die 1 and 2
    the real is back 1 and 2
    That was only for Dasher who said Jeezy's beats have gotten better than probably one of the best productions that came put of Atlanta.

I might dislike your taste but your love for rap music is evident and you seem to know your shit, at least in respects to current rap, so I'm not mad at you.....I might not have given Danny Brown's crazy ass a listen if it weren't for you among a couple other new school cats with talent.

Gucci is a legend in the south, ill Gove him that, but overall I would not. In the West and esp on the East his name doesn't ring bells like that.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 10-21-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Gucci's new mixtape was easily better than the recession.