Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #1
Doctor Zizmor
I rule the local playground

Default I need a PF and Ive just been offered G Wallace for my Gay

Do I pull the trigger on that? Its a pretty even trade....but Im in a H2H league so Im wondering how many games the bobcats have left compared to the grizz.....Im currently in 6th place 4.5 games out of first

My Team
Nash
Barbosa
Kevin Martin
Kevin Durant
Marcus Camby
Jeff Foster
Travis Outlaw
Thadeus Young
Randy Foye
Josh Boone
Anthony Carter
Cuttino Mobley
Rudy Gay
Doctor Zizmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: I need a PF and Ive just been offered G Wallace for my Gay

Looking at the schedule, they both have 28 games left. Looks like Memphis has consistent strings of 3 and 4 game weeks until the final week when they have 2. Charlotte has some 3 and 4 game weeks, but they also have a five game week to go with a couple two week games. So I'd say Memphis has the more consistent play.

I absolutely love what GWall was doing before his injury, but I'd stick with Gay myself. He's the number one option in Memphis now, and he's going to put up some sick lines in the future. Meanwhile, GWall's foot injury concerns me because I can't help but feel that it something that will flare up the rest of the season off and on.

Because you need as many games from your players as you can get both now and in the playoffs, I'd keep the more healthy player, so I'd stick with Gay, especially because he can offer almost exactly the same stats. And Thad Young could be that PF you're looking for the rest of the way, so I'd sit tight on this one.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Doctor Zizmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Looking at the schedule, they both have 28 games left. Looks like Memphis has consistent strings of 3 and 4 game weeks until the final week when they have 2. Charlotte has some 3 and 4 game weeks, but they also have a five game week to go with a couple two week games. So I'd say Memphis has the more consistent play.

I absolutely love what GWall was doing before his injury, but I'd stick with Gay myself. He's the number one option in Memphis now, and he's going to put up some sick lines in the future. Meanwhile, GWall's foot injury concerns me because I can't help but feel that it something that will flare up the rest of the season off and on.

Because you need as many games from your players as you can get both now and in the playoffs, I'd keep the more healthy player, so I'd stick with Gay, especially because he can offer almost exactly the same stats. And Thad Young could be that PF you're looking for the rest of the way, so I'd sit tight on this one.
insightful as usual my brother...I was thinking the same, just wanted outside opinions...thnks as usual my man.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
cornellunited
I usually hit open layups

when Gwall is healthy, I would take him over gay. I have Wallace on my team and he is consistantly putting up huge numbers in every category. I have tried to trade for Gay all season because he gives you unusual stats for his position, 3's, steals, blocks, etc. While Gay is a great player, when Wallace is on his game he is a top 10 producer, if you're looking for a pf then it doesn't get much better when comparing value with Gay

Ask yourself this, if you need a pf, who are you going to get thats any better than Wallace for Gay. I can't think of anybody
cornellunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Doctor Zizmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornellunited
when Gwall is healthy, I would take him over gay. I have Wallace on my team and he is consistantly putting up huge numbers in every category. I have tried to trade for Gay all season because he gives you unusual stats for his position, 3's, steals, blocks, etc. While Gay is a great player, when Wallace is on his game he is a top 10 producer, if you're looking for a pf then it doesn't get much better when comparing value with Gay

Ask yourself this, if you need a pf, who are you going to get thats any better than Wallace for Gay. I can't think of anybody
I hear what youre saying and I agree 100%...but wallaces injury turns me off. If he was 100% healthy, Id make the deal, but being that there are only 3 weks left in the regualr season, I need a 100% healthy team going foward...even if wallace only misses a game here and there, it will still hurt me.....but thatnsk for the feedback, its much appreciated.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: