Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Cousins kicked out of practice

At least AI was proven. Cousins aiming for a minimum contract and then out of the league. The guy doesn't have the mental capacity to last in the league.

Demarcus cousins is a cancer to his team and the league.

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    I don't understand the Cousins hype. He really blows. He's overweight, can't shoot, has no athleticism, and doesn't know what to do on the floor.

Can someone please explain to me how he's talented?
    He's actually very athletic for a big man, he just doesn't have explosive vert. He can shoot, usually pretty consistently out to 18 feet in the midrange area. And he's got great passing skills for a player this young at his position. His problem is that he doesn't know his limits. He will often try to do too much to create, which ends up in a bad shot or turnover.

lol...

I don't think the coach is helping it out, either. And that team doesn't have anyone to stand up to him. Imagine him on the same team as someone like Shaq or even someone like Kobe. They'd help him out a lot.

I think he truly believes he can get traded from that team. But I don't think he can. It would be stupid to trade him and nobody is going to come at them with a worthwhile offer.

Dude is really good. He's got a lot of mental toughness. He's just channeling it the wrong way. And the coach is feeding into it by trying to fight with him.

Why kick him out of practice? No reason for that. It's like back in the day when people would say you're misbehaving you get out of school suspension... lol then you go out and party.

If they trade Cousins, I hope he goes to a good team. Man there are so many places he could go and succeed.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    lol...

I don't think the coach is helping it out, either. And that team doesn't have anyone to stand up to him. Imagine him on the same team as someone like Shaq or even someone like Kobe. They'd help him out a lot.

I think he truly believes he can get traded from that team. But I don't think he can. It would be stupid to trade him and nobody is going to come at them with a worthwhile offer.

Dude is really good. He's got a lot of mental toughness. He's just channeling it the wrong way. And the coach is feeding into it by trying to fight with him.

Why kick him out of practice? No reason for that. It's like back in the day when people would say you're misbehaving you get out of school suspension... lol then you go out and party.

If they trade Cousins, I hope he goes to a good team. Man there are so many places he could go and succeed.

-Smak
    What happened to Evans?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
    What happened to Evans?
    Tyreke Evans sucks

OF COURSE cousins should be kicked out of practice. You can't have distant family members just roaming around. Basketball is serious business!

This kid has more attitude then an inebriated Rosanne Bar and beyond that he's clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed from an intelligence standpoint. You've got an opportunity nesting on your plate that millions could only dream to obtain. An injury is one nothing, but there's nothing more shameful then a talented player who stunts his own progress due to unsound personality traits. Despite the negative tone in my post, I really would like to see this kid pull it together and I'm confident he can as time surpasses...

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    lol...

-Smak
    Come on man stop making excuses for dude. There are plenty of reasons to kick him out of practice. Back in school? How can you compare school and the professional basketball league? This is Cousins career. He shouldnt have declared. People say these kids have a right to enter the NBA and recieve millions dispite not earning it. Well when you make that jump the responsibility exceeds even moreso than it did when you went from high school to college. This isnt college, AAU, high school anymore. This is the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    The guy doesn't have the mental capacity to last in the league.
    Sad but true. If he was just as passive as tyrus though, he could stick around for a few years, but close-to-retarded, and angry/violent ? That boy will end up in prison within 5 years of exiting the NBA, either on gun or domestic assault/battery charges.

What happened to Evans?
    He can't drive left, or shoot....and scouting reports on a 2nd year player like that can devestate such a limited game.

I really hope this guy turns it around and realizes he is a pupil and needs to be a sponge and take in all this NBA information he has been given, and not complain or question it. Too many talented players have gone down this road, only to see them not achieve their potential or have their careers cut short because of it.

He has had a bad attitude for all of his basketball career, and I think they signed on his high school coach to help alleviate this.

At this stage of his career, you always hope that they want to learn and are willing to do whatever it takes to get better. Not always the best option to question your coach as a rook 15 games into the season

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    He can't drive left, or shoot....and scouting reports on a 2nd year player like that can devestate such a limited game.
    The point is though that Evans should be the leader of that team and try to humble Cousins.

I'm not surprised at all. He has a very negative attitude and often results in frustration. He needs to learn to accept advice and criticism because it's very easy to get a bad rep in this league.

The point is though that Evans should be the leader of that team and try to humble Cousins.
    I heard Evans is all about the stats

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Come on man stop making excuses for dude. There are plenty of reasons to kick him out of practice. Back in school? How can you compare school and the professional basketball league? This is Cousins career. He shouldnt have declared. People say these kids have a right to enter the NBA and recieve millions dispite not earning it. Well when you make that jump the responsibility exceeds even moreso than it did when you went from high school to college. This isnt college, AAU, high school anymore. This is the big leagues.
    But the point is that if someone is misbehaving you don't tell them to get out. That is, in a way, conceding. That doesn't help growth. I'm not comparing school to the NBA, I'm comparing the idea of getting a free day because you misbehave.

I'm not really making excuses; I'm trying to say that this 'way of handling things' isn't going to work. I think he's a good player. I think that he's being poorly handled... but he's also ****ing up.

What do you guys think? That hes going to get cut and never play in the NBA? I doubt it.

And to whoever said Tyreke... I don't think Tyreke is the leader type.

There is obviously a deeper reason behind all of this, and I don't think it's just some minor conflict. I don't even know if it has to do with the coach as much as the team. They'd be better trying to actually figure out what is making him mad instead of trying to whip him into shape. Some people just don't ever break.

That's a good quality as a basketball player and they need to find a way to channel it. He needs to be back in the starting lineup. Like I said before, if he wants to play, let him play. Don't take him out for fouls or when he's tired. Make him ask to be taken out.

-Smak