Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

why is this an issue?

first world problems

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

they just cant get anything right this off season....

Book 'em Dan'l

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    they just cant get anything right this off season....

+1. even though this shouldn't be an issue, people will stir it into one easily.

What's wrong with that?

Good job Orlando

As an independent libertarian minded fellow, I fail to see the issue with an organization donating, or verbally stating their support for either side of any issue. To my knowledge, neither Chick-fil-a or the Magic organization discriminate against gay employees; so it would seem that both organizations are simply exercising their rights. I disagree with them on the issue, but it's not like I'm gonna boycott Chick-fil-a because their owner is exercising their freedom of speech.

Private message me when Orlando or Chick-fil-a try to deny Gay couples entrance into their venues, until then it's a non issue.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 08-06-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Pelican Brief

Just wonder why.. MJ once said "Republicans buy shoes too"... Same goes for gays buying tickets.. But I'll leave it at that before it gets all political in this piece

Another non-issue that will be exploited by pissy members of the left for political ends.

As someone on the left, it sickens me.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Here we go.....

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    What's wrong with that?

Good job Orlando
    Yep. Nothing wrong with it at all.

that's my team

Learning to shoot layups BabyBull's Avatar

I applaud them. I don't hate gays, but it's called holy matrimony for a reason.

Banned

There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a straight marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a woman's honey jar, and in return she makes him commit to her. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' will result after two mates hook up at Trunks' Rainbow Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic aint the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a straight marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a woman's honey jar, and in return she makes him commit to her. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' will result after two mates hook up at Trunks' Rainbow Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic aint the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.
    You use the word "mates" way too much. Also, stop calling a bunch of dudes "mate." They can't BE your "mate," because same sex marriage is illegal in most states here.