Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Is it too much to ask for major public companies to stay out of social issues?

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    The view is a form of prejudge and bigotry and it needs to be dealt with. We all should not tolerate it.
    my god, the hypocrisy...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    Traditional according to who? Who set that standard?
    Bro...this promotes hate of a certain group of people by denying them basic rights.

I have no problem I'd somebody has a point of view on taxing the the rich...drilling off shore...but when it comes down to basic human rights they deserved to be called out for that. The Nazis had different views as well u know.
    again, I ask, is marriage a "basic" human right? Or really, a natural human right? As already addressed, it is a legal right, I'm well aware. But I have yet to hear an answer to if it is a natural human right.

(btw, a natural human right is something that we have a right to simply b/c we are human.)

According to the bible, things like slavery, prostitution, polygamy, abortion, adultery and rape (in certain instances), etc... are perfectly fine.

The bible is much more concerned with punishing people to death for working on sundays, being a victim of rape or eating certain animals.

People don't give a fck about what's in the bible. They just pick and choose what suits their own agenda.

I've never heard an anti-gay, bible thumper say someone should be executed for eating a lobster.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    According to the bible, things like slavery, prostitution, polygamy, abortion, adultery and rape (in certain instances), etc... are perfectly fine.

The bible is much more concerned with punishing people to death for working on sundays, being a victim of rape or eating certain animals.

People don't give a fck about what's in the bible. They just pick and choose what suits their own agenda.

I've never heard an anti-gay, bible thumper say someone should be executed for eating a lobster.
    But if gay marriage was recognized by our government they would go broker.

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    But if gay marriage was recognized by our government they would go broker.

Really? We're 16 trillion dollars in debt, we have trillion dollar deficits, we send billion of dollars to Israel, we're involved in numerous occupations, we have bankrupt social programs, and an economy that's transitioned from being based on production to consumption. But of course recognizing gay marriage, would be the thing that makes us broke.

Somebody needs to grow up and enter the real world.
    I think politicians concerning themselves more with getting reelected than actually effectively executing a role in office, is one of the harshest realities of the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    There aint no point to same sex marriage, mates.

They deserve equal freedoms (which they have - all people are subject to the same guidelines of marrying the opposite sex), equal employment opportunities, and a life free of harassment and intimidation. But mates, what is the bloody point of a same sex marriage?

Mates the point of a gay marriage quite honestly is that a man wants access to a man's poop hole, and in return the other he makes him commit to him. It's like an insurance policy for each and it unifies them domestically. Most marriages these days are ending in divorce anyhow, as a result of extended life expectancy, increased opportunities for infidelity, and relaxed viewpoints on the sanctity of the bloody thing anyway. Allowing homosexuals to start marrying each other is frivolous and unnecessary. You know how many spontaneous 'marriages' result after a straight couple hooks up at Las Vegas Booze Bar? And how frequently ensuing annulments and divorces will happen? The dynamic are the same as opposite sex relations, mate. This is an absolutely unnecessary Pandora's box to open up. It's sheer madness. Respect people for who they are but leave the marriage dynamic bloody well alone.

These people only 'want' it because they can't have it, mates. Marriage serves them no purpose. This is just frankly some political attention whorin' to the max. Drives me up the bloody wall.
    First you admit that straight marriage often leads to divorce anyway, and then gay marriage which will often lead to divorce and annulation's bad?

Marriage as a whole seems bad that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I think politicians concerning themselves more with getting reelected than actually effectively executing a role in office, is one of the harshest realities of the real world.
    Yeah, but pandering to constituents isn't how to achieve re-election. That would imply that citizens have any clue what goes on in congress. The general public is clueless. Most people couldn't name 2 branches of the government.

Yeah, but pandering to constituents isn't how to achieve re-election. That would imply that citizens have any clue what goes on in congress. The general public is clueless. Most people couldn't name 2 branches of the government.

Good point.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

I agree with you that n general, and about most topics, people really don't understand what they are talking about.

Lot of people who clam to believe a certain faith have NEVER read, for themselves and at leisure, the book that defines their faith. for the most part, and just repeat what an authority figure tells them.

As a result, they cannot place some of the very verses they quote in context.

I agree on that part.....I'd expand that notion to say that people on both sides of this issue are doing the exact same thing...repeating arguments that smarter people have presented...repeating them verbatim without understanding what they are really saying.

A few pages back, someone..repeated the notion that this topic is the same as the civil rights movement. Just to see if person believed it , I challenged them...and they didn't even present a good argument and were quickly destroyed. why? because they did not understand what they were saying.

It disturbs me that some would rather go tit for tat with over the topic cartoonish debaters than to actual discuss this issue with those who are interested in civil debates.

I guess the path of least resistance is easier..

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    So can you tell me how the rights are different? If youcant mate then I hope neither you nor anyone else who cant explain how theyre different will continue using the patently false rhetoric of 'equality'

If logic cant carry your argument you can do two things, mate.You can reexamine your conclusion or you can lie through your teeth. The left wing evangelicals are doing every bit the latter, though they always claim the right wing vangies as the ones who do it. The left nuts here are yammerin about hate and bigotry with no proof, throwin labels and stereotypes around, and using phony, non applicable buzz words like equality aroud in a guerilla warfare type battle to feel righteous. Some progressive, classy people they are, huh.

Two bloody peas in a pod. Hatfields vs McCoys, mates. I got news for you, far left extremists. Not one of you has show yoursef to be the least bit more intelligent than the average right wing extremist. Two peas in a pod indeed.
    Its different because straight people can marry, people they love and are attracted to, and gay people cannot.

to those having great trouble with the Orlando Magic and Chik Fil A opposing gay marriage, and boycotting them as well...

i hope you all realize that Saudi Arabia (oil producing nation to the world) not only opposes, but also takes out homosexuals because of their "choice"...maybe you all should boycott the use of oil/gasoline too and make the roadways less hectic for us that have no issue

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Its different because straight people can marry, people they love and are attracted to, and gay people cannot.
    Bravo on your first post.