Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Typical Euopean PF Mirza Teletovic show's how bad NBA big men are at shooting.

Teletovic just destroyed the Mav's. This show's two things. That a lot of European PF could shoot the lights out in the NBA if given the chance and the NBA have a shortage of PF who can shoot the ball well from distance. How many American based PF who are not even considered to be a main stay in the rotation could come in and all of a sudden shoot the ball like Mirza Teletovic. Not many, if not none. Europeans are more skilled at shooting the ball.
    Last edited by Sharmer; 01-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Default Re: Typical Euopean PF Mirza Teletovic show's how bad NBA big men are at shooting.

he had one fluke ass game. chill the fcuk out

Default Re: Typical Euopean PF Mirza Teletovic show's how bad NBA big men are at shooting.

Career 3.5 PPG

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    he had one fluke ass game. chill the fcuk out

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

i guess you've never heard of ryan anderson, kevin love, lamarcus aldridge, channing frye, and chris bosh

Teletovic is not a typical euro PF, WTF? I don't follow the Euroleague at all but the way people talked about him, he was one of their best talents.

mirza iz not typical euro PF. he is nowhere near elite EL player. He is scrub in NBA tho

Chris Bosh career average 30% from 3, but this good for a NBA PF

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Teletovic is not a typical euro PF, WTF? I don't follow the Euroleague at all but the way people talked about him, he was one of their best talents.
    Start watching then you'll know just like i do that European bigs shoot the ball a lot better than Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Start watching then you'll know just like i do that European bigs shoot the ball a lot better than Americans.

Oh, I know Euros shoot and generally have much better fundamentals than American bigs. But Teletovic seems much more talented than many Euro players who come over to the NBA.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Could this have something to do with the fact that big men shouldn't be ****ing shooting from farther than 15 feet out?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    i guess you've never heard of ryan anderson, kevin love, lamarcus aldridge, channing frye, and chris bosh
    Anderson is the only comparable shooter to Teletovic here

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Could this have something to do with the fact that big men shouldn't be ****ing shooting from farther than 15 feet out?

Tell that to Dirk/LMA/Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Oh, I know Euros shoot and generally have much better fundamentals than American bigs. But Teletovic seems much more talented than many Euro players who come over to the NBA.
    Not really, given the chance a lot of Euro players could do this. The NBA is game built on athleticism and not skill. That's why a unskilled athletic Dwight Howard could be considered one of the best big men in the league.

It kind of detracts from the standard of ball in the NBA because once a player loses their athleticism they're kept around for scrub minutes, like T mac.

T mac was still skilled but considered to have lost his athleticism therefore his career was over at 33.

In reality a lot more skilled less athletic players could put are big numbers in the NBA if given the chance, but once a player is veiwed not be athletic ; no way their getting the same opportunities as a unskilled athletic player.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    You're missing the point, sure you can pick out a few Americans who can shoot. The point is as a whole Euro bigs are much better as shooting from distance. That's why a average Euro can destroy a NBA team from 3 on any given night if given the chance.