Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    well, you are obviously a heat fan or a bandwagoneer.
    What?

I'm not saying he's not childish, frankly, I dont think that shit matters. Hell, if I had people following me around the place like Lebron, I'm sure that I would be looked at with hate and scorn.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

The reason for pulling it is pretty much BS. If Maverick Carter invites along a reporter from ESPN for publicity, they pretty well know he's going to write a piece on what he sees. The fact is, ESPN didn't like the content negatively portraying one of their cash cows, so they pulled it. The funny thing is everybody still knows what the article said AND they have negative publicity for pulling it now.

Magic Johnson

What article are they talking about? Link? Thanks in advance.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    What article are they talking about? Link? Thanks in advance.
    it was taken down like an hour after they published it. basically, this reporter followed lebron around LV and painted a slightly unflattering picture of him as a self-absorbed child.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    What?

I'm not saying he's not childish, frankly, I dont think that shit matters. Hell, if I had people following me around the place like Lebron, I'm sure that I would be looked at with hate and scorn.
    well, I only see you in heat threads (granted Ive only seen you in 2 threads, but still its a good % of your 90 posts), so that leads me to conclude that you are either a) a fan of said team or b) a bandwagoneer. Post date is a while ago, but clearly you havent been very active before now. which reinforces the potential for bandwagoneer (only started posting after the big three) or possibly a sock account. Based on your posts, probably a heat fan though.

Magic Johnson

it was taken down like an hour after they published it. basically, this reporter followed lebron around LV and painted a slightly unflattering picture of him as a self-absorbed child.
    Why is that surprising? That's how most NBA athletes are, and most of them weren't exposed to ESPN The Magazine at age 16 (or 17?).

It was a gossip column with an obvious agenda. More suited for TMZ than ESPN.

And I don't even like LeBron, so don't pull the LeBron-homer card on me.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Why is that surprising? That's how most NBA athletes are, and most of them weren't exposed to ESPN The Magazine at age 16 (or 17?).
    yeah, its not. as others have said, it wasnt a very good article, but it also wasnt as negative about him as other believe. he does sound like a doofus with terrible taste however.

Magic Johnson

yeah, its not. as others have said, it wasnt a very good article, but it also wasnt as negative about him as other believe. he does sound like a doofus with terrible taste however.
    It's hard to tell if James is an arrogant asshole or is just surrounded by the wrong people. I guess we'll know eventually.

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

once the article was out. leave it alone. it wasn't that negative to begin with. the cover up is always worse. the story would have died in a day or 2. now you have nbc sports making fun of espn for trying to protect lebron's image.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

I don't really get it, why would he have to indentify himself if he's just observing a public place? That makes absolutely no sense. Why so LeBron can stop acting like a fool because a reporter's around? -_- That defeats the purpose of the article, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    The article was flat out garbage to begin with.

Am I the only one to recognize that?

They should have just said that and crushed that dude.
    Actually, it's already been said they stand by the accuracy of the story 100%. Not garbage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lacasner
    It has no relevance with absolutely anything sports-wise. The reporter came off as a stalker.
    LeBron's an athlete, the reporter was reporting what he saw the athlete doing. Stalker? Relax kid, and grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It was a gossip column with an obvious agenda. More suited for TMZ than ESPN.

And I don't even like LeBron, so don't pull the LeBron-homer card on me.
    ESPN basically became TMZ with their LeBron coverage during free agenecy week. This is no different and not surprising. They probably just pre-emptively removed it before getting into trouble with the NBA.

Local High School Star

I lol'd at the Glen Davis cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonresno
    I lol'd at the Glen Davis cameo.
    Same here. Like a scene out of movie. Walks by, takes a look, shakes head, and keeps walking.

A somewhat surreal read. Can't say I'm surprised by any of it. Further evidence that Lebron is immature.

Pretty pathetic for ESPN to pull the article, but not a surprise knowing how much they ride Lebron's nutz.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I'd like any ISH'ers that have a problem with LeBron's behavior to make themselves known that way I know never to invite you out with me and my boys. Only LeBron can have people complain about his partying... in Las Vegas no less!!!

Seriously, let it go people. The guy is an all time great, he wanted to play in an awesome city with two of his buddies, and his new team will eventually win a championship.