Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Love to Suns?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Love is worth only a few low end lottery draft picks?

If I'm the wolves I'm exploring a trade for griffin/LMA, or maybe work out a deal with the celtics for their picks that they've amassed.
    1. Neither the Clippers nor the Blazers have shown any interest in making that deal and probably never will considering how highly they value Griffin/Aldridge.

2. The draft picks that the Celtics have amassed really aren't any better than the Suns collection of picks this year. The one that could be good (although is devaluing by the day, it seems) is the Nets pick this season but the Hawks have the option to swap that pick (or another down the road if this one doesn't work out but I forgot which one exactly). And the only way the Celtics give up their own pick is if it looks like they might have a shot of making the playoffs this year (therefore taking that pick out of the lottery).

Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have. If the Wolves look like they might make not make the playoffs and really do fear that Love is going to bolt after next season (and it's a really high likelihood if they're out of the playoffs this season), then trading Love for two of the first rounders and Len is definitely something that could go down.

Archie Goodwin could help sweeten the deal for the Wolves... the kid is young and looks like he's going to be VERY good some day. When he's on the court he already makes an impact and he's only 19 and his game is definitely not fully developed, neither is his body.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Would the Suns be willing to give up Len or either/both of the Morris twins? There'll be a huge logjam in the frontcourt if we do land Love. Frye seems to be in for the long run. Plumlee has been amazing and will continue starting being such a great fit with Love. The Morris twins are so well loved in Phoenix, and it almost seems like you have to keep them both to get the best outta them.

Imagine how much more Suns fans would hate the Lakers

First the Lakers take and ruin the only great player the Suns had

and now Love will leave for LA next year

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Imagine how much more Suns fans would hate the Lakers

First the Lakers take and ruin the only great player the Suns had

and now Love will leave for LA next year
    i didn't know Barkley never existed or played for LA and I think looking back at the nash trade no one is complaining on the suns side

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    hed leave after his contract is up. no one likes playing in hot ass Phoenix. but ya suns should do it just to show how retarded they are
    Love lives in LA in the off-season, so i'm sure he'd prefer the heat of Phoenix to the cold of Minnesota.

we'll give u bargs AND amare...insane deal...2 for 1

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have.
    LOLWUT?

Rondo, Green, Bass, Sully, Bradley, have a lot of value.

Their pick is worth more because they are a worse team.

They have a Hump who has value and is expiring, Bayless who has value and is expiring, and Bogans who is not guaranteed next year which is essentially expiring.

only payers suns have of value are the backcourt mates...and they arent up for sale...front court guys are good bench players at best

NBA Legend

Threads about Love's trade value tend to expose how overrated he is amongst general fans.

He's really not that big of a difference maker.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    1. Neither the Clippers nor the Blazers have shown any interest in making that deal and probably never will considering how highly they value Griffin/Aldridge.

2. The draft picks that the Celtics have amassed really aren't any better than the Suns collection of picks this year. The one that could be good (although is devaluing by the day, it seems) is the Nets pick this season but the Hawks have the option to swap that pick (or another down the road if this one doesn't work out but I forgot which one exactly). And the only way the Celtics give up their own pick is if it looks like they might have a shot of making the playoffs this year (therefore taking that pick out of the lottery).

Plus the Suns have actual players with value, something the Celtics don't have. If the Wolves look like they might make not make the playoffs and really do fear that Love is going to bolt after next season (and it's a really high likelihood if they're out of the playoffs this season), then trading Love for two of the first rounders and Len is definitely something that could go down.
    You're right about Griffin and LMA, I wasn't thinking of trading Love for them straight up, I was actually thinking of Love + future pick maybe. Do you think Warriors would trade David Lee + Barnes/future pick for Love?

I disagree with the Suns having better picks/players than the Celtics. The Suns will make the playoffs after acquiring Love, and the Pacers will naturally get a high pick. This leaves the Wizards pick which is probably not even in the lottery. Celtics own the Nets 2016 and 2018 first round picks if I'm not mistaken and those are very valuable, much more valuable than any picks the Suns have. Celtics also have Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley, who are worth way more than Alex Len, or anybody the suns have not named Dragic and Bledsoe.

Kevin Love + Corey Brewer for Jeff Green + Hump + 2016 or 2018 nets pick, who says no?

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    You're right about Griffin and LMA, I wasn't thinking of trading Love for them straight up, I was actually thinking of Love + future pick maybe. Do you think Warriors would trade David Lee + Barnes/future pick for Love?

I disagree with the Suns having better picks/players than the Celtics. The Suns will make the playoffs after acquiring Love, and the Pacers will naturally get a high pick. This leaves the Wizards pick which is probably not even in the lottery. Celtics own the Nets 2016 and 2018 first round picks if I'm not mistaken and those are very valuable, much more valuable than any picks the Suns have. Celtics also have Rondo, Green, Sully, Bradley, who are worth way more than Alex Len, or anybody the suns have not named Dragic and Bledsoe.

Kevin Love + Corey Brewer for Jeff Green + Hump + 2016 or 2018 nets pick, who says no?
    I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

How much is a team going to be willing to give up to get Love without him signing an extension. I'm not giving up two 2014 first round picks to rent Love for a year.

Learning to shoot layups

Wow you guys are all a bunch of damned morons. Admin, you can close this one down now.

Love would be the perfect piece for that Suns team.

C-Plumlee
    PF-Love
    SF-Tucker
    SG-Eric Bledsoe
    PG-Goran Dragic

Along with their deep bench, that's a 50 win team right there.