Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Aguilera
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Aguilera has an OK reputation so far
Default What about Rudy Fernandez?

Hi, this is my first post

I want to know the Blazers supporter's opinion about de spanish player Rudy Fernandez, whose draft rights belong to Portland.

Here, at Spain, this weekend he has been selected MVP of the Spanish Cup, scoring 32 points in the final.

Here, people think that he could be a very good player on the nba, and this summer he'll go to the american league.

What do you think about him?

regards from Spain.
Aguilera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What about Rudy Fernandez?

Welcome.

Well, I haven't been able to find anything but highlights, and we all know those can be deceiving so I can't make my own analysis. But what I have heard is very promising and makes me extremely excited. I have heard of him compared to both Brandon Roy and Manu Ginobili. I hope these are accurate and he adjusts well to the NBA.

Since you have likely seen both Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy, who do you think is better? (Please please please let it be Rudy).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Aguilera
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Aguilera has an OK reputation so far

Sergio Rodriguez is very young and he left Spain without a complete formation. On the other hand, Rudy this year has reached a very good performance, he's the DKV Joventut's leader and he's been often MVP of the week.

Here, you can see his statistics this year:

http://acb.com/stspartidojug.php?cod_jugador=B0X&cod_competicion= LACB&cod_edicion=52

In my opinion he's better than Sergio, and that's the opinion of everybody. Rudy can score from 3 and penetrate with facility, and he is a good defender, with a good number of steals. There isnīt comparison between them. Always Rudy.

Sergio can be an interesting player, he nedds time.
Aguilera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cool, I appreciate the info. I'm very excited to hear that he is currently beyond Sergio's level. I have been pretty disappointed in Sergio this year, he has taken a step backwards from last year. But Rudy I have big expectations of. I really hope he lives up to the hype that he gets from Blazer fans.

With the additions of Oden, Rudy, and a new decent draft pick, I am super excited for next year's season.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

Well, I have been watching Rudy playing for years, and now he is FAR better player than Sergio. Great shooter, not bad defender, and so quick player, he can jump and dunk like a beast. He will need many muscle develop, maybe, to defend people like AI or DW.

Sergio, it's not strange he went down. He is young, and he need some minutes to develop, and he won't get them in Portland. He is a good promise, but if the coach isn't gonna let him play, better trading him.

Rudy can be awesome at NBA, but also he will need minutes, I am a little worrid, cause Roy will play a lot next year, and Rudy can't be a 10 minutes player, he is also young and need some development.

And yes, you can compare him with Manu Ginobili, he is same kind of player, and I think he has potential to become as good as Manu.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Myth

Word is that if Rudy displays enough to play more than 10 minutes next year, he will come in at the same time as Roy and have Roy run the point. I think it will be likely that he will take Jack's place on the team if he is ready to contribute.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

I could see Portland having Sergio play point with Rudy on the floor early in the season to help Rudy's transition to the league since Sergio played with him in Spain and would probably keep him more calm and comfortable on the court in the early parts of the season plus they already have chemistry and know how to play off eachother. Although I could see the 4th quarter line up being Roy, Fernandez, Jones, Aldridge, Oden

Hopefully Portland picks up another athletic wing player like Malik Hairston in the draft but I doubt Portland will settle for a mid teens to twentys draft pick lol. I could see them shaking up the draft again and maybe landing a lottery pick...if they don't make it to the playoffs...a top seven pick.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #8
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Although I could see the 4th quarter line up being Roy, Fernandez, Jones, Aldridge, Oden

I don't know, Outlaw's been pretty clutch in the 4th this year. I could see him in there rather than Jones.

Could points though.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #9
Nygher
Banned

I only said James Jones because he can help spread the floor and they will already have a similar player to Outlaw in Fernandez out there.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
Nygher
Banned

I only said James Jones because he can help spread the floor and they will already have a similar player to Outlaw in Fernandez out there.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #11
Myth

I understand. And I now see I wrote "could" rather than "good" in my last post.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: