Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Javale McGee breaking out this year

It's allowed not aloud lol.

The elephant in the room is McGee's asthma. Given his fatigue issues in DC i seriously doubt he is capable of playing 30 minutes a game in the thin air.

McGee is soft, dumb and has asthma. I remember (before the trade) an anonomous GM was quoted as saying that he couldn't wait to see what GM would be dumb enough to offer McGee 10+ million.

Over on the Wizards board on RealGM there were several Wizards fans who were against the trade at the time. However there is not one poster there who is saying they wished McGee was resigned. Not one

The only argument that has been made against the trade this year was that it would have been better to let McGee walk rather than take on Nene's contract. Nobody wishes McGee was still a wizard.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

It's allowed not aloud lol.
    Trying to edit my posts and look over them before I post because my spelling skills for a 21 year old is downright laughable

The elephant in the room is McGee's asthma. Given his fatigue issues in DC i seriously doubt he is capable of playing 30 minutes a game in the thin air.
    I agree with this and mentioned it when Denver was looking to sign him. I think it would have had to be done discussed and looked at before they signed him so I'm going to assume it's all good because Uri has actually done a solid job building this team.

McGee is soft, dumb and has asthma. I remember (before the trade) an anonomous GM was quoted as saying that he couldn't wait to see what GM would be dumb enough to offer McGee 10+ million.
    He's also like the longest player in the NBA, 7 footer, freak physical tools. Two sides to every coin and if you know how to use the one side properly there's no doubt he can be an impact player. He has already at times for Denver, just like he's been a bonehead at other times too.

Over on the Wizards board on RealGM there were several Wizards fans who were against the trade at the time. However there is not one poster there who is saying they wished McGee was resigned. Not one

The only argument that has been made against the trade this year was that it would have been better to let McGee walk rather than take on Nene's contract. Nobody wishes McGee was still a wizard
    And nobody wishes Nene was a Nugget. Point is moot. Alot of Nuggets fans don't mind the signing of McGee, doesn't mean it automatically makes it a good move. Just like Wizard fans not wanting McGee doesn't make it a bad one. If I was Wiz fan I'd feel 100% the same. You guy's had so many knuckleheads I would love to have a player like Nene.

I think it was a good thing for both McGee and the Wizards that he was traded. Rare situation where both sides probably happily parted ways.

He's also like the longest player in the NBA, 7 footer, freak physical tools.

Not really. His length is freakish but the NBA is physical inside and he is just soft. That was the tipping point for me with McGee. Being dumb is one thing, maybe he can learn. But soft and dumb isn't going to work.

I was undecided about him until a few weeks before the deadline. Then i watched him more closely. Saw him give up layups time and again on pick and rolls and get pushed around routinely by other bigs.

He is a tease.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Not really. His length is freakish but the NBA is physical inside and he is just soft. That was the tipping point for me with McGee. Being dumb is one thing, maybe he can learn. But soft and dumb isn't going to work.

I was undecided about him until a few weeks before the deadline. Then i watched him more closely. Saw him give up layups time and again on pick and rolls and get pushed around routinely by other bigs.

He is a tease.
    I don't see how anybody can say not really to the physical tools. Just doesn't make sense to me. He's 7 feet tall with an insane wingspan and vertical. He gets eye level to the rim when he dunks. He's mobile and can move around like a swingman. He has bad defensive awareness but never heard any Nugget fans or anybody around the team call him soft. If anything I wish he'd stop committing some of those blatant fouls.

We'll have to agree to disagree because besides having a low basketball IQ he's a physical specimen that knows how to use his tools quite well. 2nd or 3rd in the league in dunks I think while playing 19 minutes is insane. Blocking 2 shots a game in under 20 minutes, crazy. He uses it perfectly in the post, just doesn't have the patience or awareness to know when and how to use it just yet.

Denver constantly switches on defense and it drives me nuts but with McGee it can work because some of the times when he actually makes a proper rotation I've never seen a player be able to get that far out and affect a player's shot. Last night he had a block where he came from the paint to the 3 point line .. some of the things he does just blows you're mind. It's all about consistently and putting it together for extended stretches which alot of NBA players struggle with. Karl is trying to hold him accountable and bring him along slowly so someday he can hopefully reach some of that potential, guess we'll see what happens 2-4 years from now.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

The nuggets are one of my favorite teams to watch. Young, exciting and they play very hard defensively. Hopefully they get out of the first round this year.

Poor McGee making it took like every episode of shaqtin a fool.

If you don't know that he is soft you aren't paying attention. He couldn't even post up Isiah Thomas (2 minute mark). Don't even get me started on what happens when he goes up against Dwight or Brook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdb3vv-5ygI

Funny vid. I remember that clown NugzFan saying that McGee's bloopers wouldn't happen in Denver.

FAIL

If you don't know that he is soft you aren't paying attention. He couldn't even post up Isiah Thomas (2 minute mark). Don't even get me started on what happens when he goes up against Dwight or Brook.

Funny vid. I remember that clown NugzFan saying that McGee's bloopers wouldn't happen in Denver.

FAIL

What's your trip against the Nuggets?

If I remember correctly, Nugzfan said that his bloopers would be limited due to the coaching staff here.

Nene is from Denver

McGee is Washington..

Who the **** cares?

Your memory is a little off. This is what i have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    oh im sorry...you are quite confused...

he ran back on defense when they had the ball...while with the wizards

he couldnt post up thomas...while with the wizards

he intentionally goaltended a ball...while with the wizards

he let duncan drive the court...while with the wizards

hmmm...i wonder what the common theme is here

you are clearly bitter. all of mcgee dumb plays were with the washington wizards. since coming to denver, none of this happened. not even close. in fact, he hit a game winner with denver, helped win playoff games, etc while in denver...the two franchises are just on different levels.

and the best part is, he actually plays games.

There are plenty of legit reasons to criticize Wizards management. McGee isn't one of them.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

FAIL
    and they didnt. 90% of this bad plays were in washington. hes faaaar improved in denver. he just needed a better organization and better leadership to help out. he upgraded. we upgraded.

watching this cute little wizard fan try to argue his points is like watching a retarded kid try to juggle.

Your memory is a little off. This is what i have a problem with.

There are plenty of legit reasons to criticize Wizards management. McGee isn't one of them.
    all of what i said is true.

nice try though!

and they didnt. 90% of this bad plays were in washington. hes faaaar improved in denver. he just needed a better organization and better leadership to help out. he upgraded. we upgraded.

watching this cute little wizard fan try to argue his points is like watching a retarded kid try to juggle.
    Who cares? We got Nene and he's a much much better player.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Who cares? We got Nene and he's a much much better player.
    hes older. far more expensive. plays half a season and doesnt help teams win.

for what? 2 more points, 2 more rebounds per game? on worse shooting? in 7 more minutes per game? yeah..."much much better"

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

hes older. far more expensive. plays half a season and doesnt help teams win.

for what? 2 more points, 2 more rebounds per game? on worse shooting? in 7 more minutes per game? yeah..."much much better"
    Nene since his return along with Wall has helped the Wizards WIN plenty and is easily overall a much better play than Magee thats not even up for debate. He can create his own shot he doesn't need to be spoon feed like the majoirty of these big men. Not to mention hes way better passer and you can consistantly go to him for points and trust him when the games on the line.

So why is he on shaqtin a fool all the time with Denver?

There are two sides to the court and McGee is an idiot on both. That is why teams are consistently better with him on the bench.
    Last edited by tontoz; 02-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.

oh im sorry...you are quite confused...

he ran back on defense when they had the ball...while with the wizards

he couldnt post up thomas...while with the wizards

he intentionally goaltended a ball...while with the wizards

he let duncan drive the court...while with the wizards

hmmm...i wonder what the common theme is here

you are clearly bitter. all of mcgee dumb plays were with the washington wizards. since coming to denver, none of this happened. not even close. in fact, he hit a game winner with denver, helped win playoff games, etc while in denver...the two franchises are just on different levels.

and the best part is, he actually plays games.