Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Arrow Unforgettable moments in your basketball life.

There are things where you will never forget in your life. For me, it was a basketball league game heartbreaking clutch situation...... -_____-

6 seconds left on the timer. The opponent threw it all the way across the half-court & I intercepted it, so as soon as I caught the ball - I WENT STRAIGHT TO KOBE MODE. I was like, "This is it, this is my time! MY MOMENT! I won't fail you, Kobe!!!!" HAHAHA.

I could hear them counting down ( 6,5,4...) ... I was so nervous ... dribbled the ball across the court, 2 wide open teammates, but ‪#‎YOLO‬. So 2 guys tried to trap me as I was trying to create a shot & close out the game ... but I got away, so as soon as I got away I shot the ball (side-ish of the free throw line) but before I even released the ball - 1 dude came out of nowhere & blocked the shot -_______- TOTALLY RUINED EVERYTHING.

But thankfully, the boneheaded ref called it a foul & gave me 2 free throws. HAHAHA
    But..... I missed both.

It was exactly like this (0:17) ---> http://youtu.be/Gs0vyPwXyFo?t=17s
    But mine got blocked

I've had a lot of successful clutch situations & there were times where I missed it, but that one could have been the sweetest. From the top of my head, I'm 9-3 or 5. 6 from my school, & 3 from basketball leagues.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 01-02-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Home of the 16

Default Re: Unforgettable moments in your basketball life.

& there's another 1 where I recorded in total of 6 blocked shots in a single game People started calling me Ben Wallace for a while. lmao that was really flattering.

when i scored 38 points in the 15 and under league back in 2002.

Banned

Back in '56 when I blocked a 5 year old kid's shot and he started crying. I felt like Mikan. Still remember that like it was yesterday.

I remember in this under league where I score something like 60 pts in 3 quater along with 18 assists.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

back when i was 17 and my coach wouldn't let me play despite tearing it up in practice and working harder than everyone else. well our starter at SG was injured and the usual reserve couldn't play, so it was my time to fill in. I scored 37 points with 6 threes. I still remember my coach glaring at me after every make once I had like 15 points. I still hate that f.aggot. He didn't let me start after that either, I was still stuck on the bench but at least I got minutes.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

My 1st half buzzer beating 3. Basically I dribbled up the court fast with like 7 secs left, passed it to a friend, when I was doubled, dude sucks at bball, so he passed right back to me, and I jacked a fade away 3 from waay down town and it went swish.. I remember opponents high fiving me after that
    great shot.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

some nice stories!

One of my most memorable moments was when I (5'10) blocked a lay-up from a pretty tall guy (I guess he's about 6'4) by hitting the ball against the backboard. I don't really know how I did it because usually I suck at blocking, but this one felt like one of these Lebron chase-down blocks

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I use to play in local league. Down by 3 I run down court with 4 seconds to go, pull up at the three line shoot it, get fouled and hit the three and free throw to win. Felt good.

Streetball moment -Always could grab rim with 2 hands back when I was 17 and dunk tennis balls and racquet balls every now and then .,one game outside played the passing lane perfect got the steal, heard everyone say dunk it .i felt good and warmed up , jumped off the left leg and punched in a good dunk , friend of mine threw the ball over the fence,high fives all around .
    Official game moment-scored 35 against a national top 15 high school team I'm a holiday tourney..Had Quinn Buckner (haha), some d-1, d-2 coaches tell me I put on a good show .

Saw a basketball once

I've never been a big scorer (at least after leaving high school where I did not too bad, but I wouldn't say the competition was crazy good), and I've been playing in rec leagues for years and I've got a few good memories, though none are particularly spectacular I guess. The closest I've really come to winning a team a game is getting an and-1 on an offensive rebounding and hitting 5 for 5 from the line within the last minute to get us over the line by 3.

The last 4 foul shots were intentional ones to stop the clock, but - and I'm sure we have all had one of those moments where you are in some kind of trance and just feel good and loose and confident in your shot. And I've never been the best foul shooter, cause when you don't shoot a lot of them I found I'd split a pair every game. But in this particular game I just felt confident. On the in-bounds I wanted the ball - I knew they were going to foul - and I was confident in my abilities to make. Felt like Steve Nash shooting those shots.

I also had another game where I hit the go ahead bucket with less than a minute. I think some of my team mates were worried I was shooting too early as we could hold for the last shot. But I got the pass - the other team had extended the D, playing a trapping zone I guess - and I am open on the base line, about a 12 footer I guess. And that is totally my shot. To be honest, I shot it without thinking, as soon as I caught it. I think I must of had in my mind that if I did get it and I had the shot I was comfortable with, I was gonna take it.

Street ball - swatted the fvck out of my friend, who is a shot blocker. It was 3 on 3 half court, he got to the rim and I came from the base line and blocked it into the back court and did the Mutombo finger wag.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Streetball - playing three on three....one guy rose up for a jump shot over my team mate at the free throw line, I run over horizontally and blocked that ish...don't know if I described that right....basically you know when you see shot blockers send a shot all the way to the stands, it was like that....I caught that ball so clean it clanged against the side wall basketball rim...Never had a block like that ever since....more than a decade ago!!

League - happened end of last year's league. Final game, we're number 2 playing against the league no1...I am totally non-athletic now....my right Achilles is so bad I can barely run or jump these days...I've turned into Jason Kidd with the Knicks last year...

Acknowledging the fact that I can't make layups anymore, I've developed this running one handed bank shot - only from the left...can't make it on the right for some reason....

6 seconds left, tied game, just managed to sneak into the lane on the left and chucked it up.....hit the board and the rim a couple of times...game winner...felt great!!! old man bank shot gets it done!

Learning to shoot layups

I only play streetball, my best moment would probably be a whole be a whole game were I just was dominate, getting the rebounds, blocking/affecting shots, driving to the rim at will, be a really good defender, and pass, and help the team win the game because of my overall ability for that game, I know that its moments but it was a game for me just the best game that I have ever had it was great.

NBA Superstar

I made a gif of one of my most unforgettable basketball moments. This was my teammate during my sophomore year. His playing time was sparse, then he was told to check in late, only to be pulled back due to a change in the game situation. His response:

It was an awful night. It was our Snowcoming Game (like Homecoming, but for winter) and we scored something like 33 points in an ugly loss. I had one point... a banked free throw.