Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: D Antoni: One of the least efficient plays in basketball is just the straight post-up

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    It's the truth. Toney Douglas was our starting point guard and D'Antoni expected him to play like Steve Nash. When he saw that he can't then he tried to make Melo his point guard.

If you don't believe me go to ESPN or some other basketball site and read some old articles. You'll surely see what I'm talking about.

wtf did you want him to do? incorporate the triangle or the princeton? thats his system....

Default Re: D Antoni: One of the least efficient plays in basketball is just the straight post-up

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    wtf did you want him to do? incorporate the triangle or the princeton? thats his system....
    You have to be able to maximize your teams strengths.

Adjust his system to the players he had.

D'Antoni is an extremely stubborn coach. He would rather die than change something he believes into even if he doesn't have success with it.

Local High School Star

dwight and Pau have been pretty bad in the post tho. Pau is a hot/cold short J waiting to happen, and Dwight has either been getting collapsed on picked or fouled, altho he's somehow made a lot of his ugly ass post shots.
    That's true though. Gasol has been struggling but Kobe is still good and Dwight was decent before the surgery. I just hope D'Antoni doesn't completely forget the post play when you have those post players.

Banned

150 PPG here we come!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    If you play Princeton/Triangle offense - Nash not used the right way
    If you play D'Antoni's offense - Kobe,Gasol and Dwight not used the right way

Pick your poison

how does that make sense? his system is pick n roll's which can be with any of those players, and running which should free every player up with more lanes every time down the court. this halfcourt crap where all the Lakers take are short J's because the middle is so crowded is whats dumb. or passing it around from the post living and dying by Gasol's hot/cold short J's and passing to Artest to shoot because he's always the open man. at least D Antoni will get the balls into the hands of his stars to win their matchups and have more lanes to get theirs.

i mean the Lakers are real lucky Kobe has been burying those deep J's with hands in his face this year. he should have a lot more open shots without playing against a constantly set defense.

and ideally they should have less TO's with less constant passing from every player in/around the post.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 11-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Local High School Star

That's my point of wondering why did the Lakers get him the begin with...

He's a run and gun/ pick and roll/ play less D and more Offense team.
    But, Lakers player on the other hand, is not those type of players.

Maybe they hate Phil Jackson that much to hire Mike just to diss Phil?

Lakers is thinking about future. Howard is their future. Kobe & Gasol is past. Like Celtics is become Rondo's team instead of the original big three, they are counting on Howard right now.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono90
    That's my point of wondering why did the Lakers get him the begin with...

He's a run and gun/ pick and roll/ play less D and more Offense team.
    But, Lakers player on the other hand, is not those type of players.

Maybe they hate Phil Jackson that much to hire Mike just to diss Phil?

personally i think Phil would've failed with this team, he would've been very similar to the Princeton in terms of their issues. even tho its hard to argue with his track record despite always having dominating talent, i think Phil is quite overrated mainly because people think he can win from his coaching in itself.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Lakers is thinking about future. Howard is their future. Kobe & Gasol is past. Like Celtics is become Rondo's team instead of the original big three, they are counting on Howard right now.
    I don't think it's that.

The idea they're running with is that to get everyone the necessary touches you need a higher tempo.

Local High School Star

Either way this is all good for business cause it's creating drama.

1) D'Antoni gets to give a payback to the Knicks on Christmas. He must hate those players on that team for tanking and kicking him out. It's going to be a great game every time Knicks play Lakers.

2) Phil is going to come back and he's going to try to take out the Lakers for dissing him like this. Phil, with his resume and legacy, will not want to leave his career being swept in the playoffs. He's going to come back.

This is going to be fun.

Won 5 titles with the boring post up game. What's your point?

I love slowly watching the Laker fans who hated on this move changing their tune as homer-vision kicks in.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Something no one mentioned thus far is that in a D'Antoni system there is no defense. One more time so everyone understands. In a D'Antoni system [COLOR="Black"]THERE IS NO DEFENSE!!![/COLOR]

The Lakers are done for. Dwight and Kobe are going to get rid of this coach. Mark my words. Dwight will never again win defensive player of the year now that pringles squirmed back into the NBA. I want Laker fans to know the absolute ridicule the Knicks went through for years because of D'Antoni and his failed system. You will go through this exact ridicule now.