Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lakers aren't getting anyone

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    But that would require the clippers and mavs willing to improve the lakers when there are 29 other teams they can try to work a deal out with. They found a team.

We're the snobby rich kid who's dad buys us the newest toys every year, but the other kids parents formed a neighborhood watch and banned our new toy and now we need to make sure they allow us to get something before we can get it.

I agree though, sessions mo williams beasley is a good improvement.. But it'd have been REALLY good last year. You do those kind of minor tweaks when you lose once after 2 titles. When you lose twice, its time to do something. Right now, that makes our bench mediocre man. Maybe its a good bench, top 5. Still worse than OKC's bench and bynum still won't defend the pick and roll
    Lakers were originally in the deal to begin with, not Utah. That shows me that there was interest by both the Clippers and Dallas to get the deal done. It's the Lakers(which is usually the case) that probably pulled out of the deal because it wasn't a "big enough splash". Lakers fans need to stop with this crap that teams aren't willing to trade with them. Mo Williams isn't going to put the Lakers over the top, the Hornets traded Chris Paul to them of christ sakes! I'm just convinced that Lakers management don't understand how to actually build a team.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Lakers are still gonna be a top 4 team in the west. Watch

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Lakers were originally in the deal to begin with, not Utah. That shows me that there was interest by both the Clippers and Dallas to get the deal done. It's the Lakers(which is usually the case) that probably pulled out of the deal because it wasn't a "big enough splash". Lakers fans need to stop with this crap that teams aren't willing to trade with them. Mo Williams isn't going to put the Lakers over the top, the Hornets traded Chris Paul to them of christ sakes! I'm just convinced that Lakers management don't understand how to actually build a team.
    What would you call the additions the lakers have made in the last 3 years?

Artest, blake, barnes, murphy, mcrob, jordan hill, sessions

Those arent tweaks?

You know what'll be funny? If Dwight doesn't get traded again this season and elects to opt-in for another season with the Magic. Then we all go through the same shit again for another season
    Then he'll go down as the biggest diva in the NBA.

Very good NBA starter

What would you call the additions the lakers have made in the last 3 years?

Artest, blake, barnes, murphy, mcrob, jordan hill, sessions

Those arent tweaks?
    Besides Artest none of these guys are above average players or players with potential when the Lakers acquired them. Steve Blake was a career back up, Murphy signing was a complete joke, Barnes I won't complain he was a vet min and pretty decent before getting injured. Mcrob I'll blame more on Mike Brown than anything. Jordan Hill well they probably won't even keep him and gave up a first rounder in the process. Sessions was a good move to address their PG problem nothing wrong with him. With the exception of Artest all I see are bench players that have little upside to be starters. Where are the Shane Battiers, Tony Allens, Brandon Bass acquisitions. Guys who fill a hole, but still have that upside to them?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.
    The point is that you guys had a couple down years, kept your core together, and now you're contending again. What makes you think the Lakers couldn't do the same thing, especially when they've got the second best center in the league?

And anyway, what makes the Spurs different from the Lakers this year? We both had our shot to beat the Thunder, and we both lost.

Banned

Besides Artest none of these guys are above average players or players with potential when the Lakers acquired them. Steve Blake was a career back up, Murphy signing was a complete joke, Barnes I won't complain he was a vet min and pretty decent before getting injured. Mcrob I'll blame more on Mike Brown than anything. Jordan Hill well they probably won't even keep him and gave up a first rounder in the process. Sessions was a good move to address their PG problem nothing wrong with him. With the exception of Artest all I see are bench players that have little upside to be starters. Where are the Shane Battiers, Tony Allens, Brandon Bass acquisitions. Guys who fill a hole, but still have that upside to them?
    Could we have afforded them?

They don't have the assets necessary to acquire players.

Magic Johnson

There are ways to improve our bench, but I doubt adding a legitimate bench player would put us over the hump. There's a reason they're bench players, after all. What this team needs to become serious contenders again is a trade. Bynum, Kobe, and Gasol are a great trio on paper, but their games don't mesh well. Bynum and Gasol are both post players and take away from each others' strengths; hell, if Bynum or Gasol were gone then Kobe would get more touches in the post too. Bynum and Kobe are also a poor fit, as both of them dominate the ball, causing the other guys to get out of sync. Given that we've seen what a motivated Gasol can do in the playoffs, along with Kobe's reign about to end, I'd rather see us trade Bynum. The kid has a lot of talent, but his injury history and immaturity lead me to think he'll never be more than a talented second option; so while giving up that potential would be tough, I think it's our best shot at getting another ring before Kobe retires.
    Last edited by LA_Showtime; 06-30-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Could we have afforded them?
    Is that a serious question? Take a walk over to shamsports and look at their salaries. Then look at what the Lakers are paying some of their scrubs and proceed to drown your sorrows in a bottle of jack. Here's just an example:

Delonte West, Michael Pietrus, Nate Robinson, Michael Redd, Tmac all signed for the vet min last season. And before you say none of these guys would put the Lakers over the top look at who they signed to a vet min

Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy

Speak of the devil.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...onger-home-run

Sounds like he's open to just about anywhere. Let's hope the we can pick him up. Why he is even considering Toronto is beyond me.

I rep Lakers!

Banned

Is that a serious question? Take a walk over to shamsports and look at their salaries. Then look at what the Lakers are paying some of their scrubs and proceed to drown your sorrows in a bottle of jack. Here's just an example:

Delonte West, Michael Pietrus, Nate Robinson, Michael Redd, Tmac all signed for the vet min last season. And before you say none of these guys would put the Lakers over the top look at who they signed to a vet min

Jason Kapono and Troy Murphy
    wow...

I rep Lakers!

What about LO,Gasol,Bynum,Ariza,Kobe,Shaq,bringing Fisher & Phil back etc.......

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    There are ways to improve our bench, but I doubt adding a legitimate bench player would put us over the hump. There's a reason they're bench players, after all. What this team needs to become serious contenders again is a trade. Bynum, Kobe, and Gasol are a great trio on paper, but their games don't mesh well. Bynum and Gasol are both post players and take away from each others' strengths; hell, if Bynum or Gasol were gone then Kobe would get more touches in the post too. Bynum and Kobe are also a poor fit, as both of them dominate the ball, causing the other guys to get out of sync. Given that we've seen what a motivated Gasol can do in the playoffs, along with Kobe's reign about to end, I'd rather see us trade Bynum. The kid has a lot of talent, but his injury history and immaturity lead me to think he'll never be more than a talented second option; so while giving up that potential would be tough, I think it's our best shot at getting another ring before Kobe retires.
    If the Nets would do that Bynum+Sessions deal for DWill and Lopez then I'd shipped Bynum in a heartbeat. Otherwise Gasol's the one that needs to go. A team needs two guys in attack mode and Bynum and Kobe compliment each other in that regard. It's the rest of the team that needs to learn to playoff them.