Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royce White:

Default Re: Royce White:

This guy is retarded... look at his twitter profile bio:

#HUMAN 1st & Foremost, Then... Humanitarian, Writer and Imaginer. {RedNation} #AnxietyTroopers #Rushin #BeWell
    Progressing

[QUOTE=fos]This guy is retarded... look at his twitter profile bio:

#HUMAN 1st & Foremost, Then... Humanitarian, Writer and Imaginer. {RedNation} #AnxietyTroopers #Rushin #BeWell
    Progressing

Decent college freshman

[QUOTE=fos]This guy is retarded... look at his twitter profile bio:

Progressing

I, for one, can't wait to read his eventual book on all of this.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    WTF does his proposed protocols even mean?

He wants them to acknowledge he has a mental illness? Everyone knows he does, Royce has made sure of that.

The other two protocols are so vague and don't even make sense. What exactly does he want the Rockets to do for him?
    It's just the first page of a multiple page document. Safe to assume there's much more detail in unseen pages.

Rockets just needs to let him go.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Read the rest here it's pretty funny.
    http://www.crabdribbles.com/royce-wh...re-uneducated/
    The full ESPN interview will air on Jan 22nd. Here is a short teaser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Xe21L3EnDdE

Dumbass deserves all the backlash he's getting.

The guy has dug a HUGE hole for himself with how he's approached the whole situation. He's far from blind to it as well, considering how active he is on Twitter, and replying to/retweeting "hater" tweets. Or should I say, the uneducated?

I can't see him suddenly swallowing his pride and making a real go of this now seeing as he's happily pushed the Rockets, and himself into this embarrassing situation for all concerned.

What really irritates me lately is how vague he is, even now he's doing more media interviews etc. He calls out the Rockets, and the general public for being uneducated on anxiety disorders, and his own personal needs. So use this chance in the limelight to educate! Instead he pussyfoots around what exactly he wants and what he claims he needs, and always gives veiled responses.

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

i dont get why rockets wont let go of him.hes been a bitch for months now. wont even play d-league dafuq.

[QUOTE]Shortly after that, we informed you that we thought it would be beneficial for you to meet with Dr. Aaron Fink, a world-renowned psychiatrist, who could provide you with access to an appropriate professional in Houston to help should any situations arise. We gave you Dr. Fink

I dont see why they just dont tell him to just stay in Houston and let him play junk minutes at home games. Realize that this year is probably a lost cause for him so base him in Houston full time, not expect him to travel for the rest of this year, and let him periodically play in home games while actively trying to form a plan so that he can travel next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    I dont see why they just dont tell him to just stay in Houston and let him play junk minutes at home games. Realize that this year is probably a lost cause for him so base him in Houston full time, not expect him to travel for the rest of this year, and let him periodically play in home games while actively trying to form a plan so that he can travel next season.
    The thing is he han't even turned up to practice and stuff (well the Rockets have suspended him now, but even before he didn't come), so what kind of message does that send to the other rookies if Royce just strolls in and plays blowout minutes when they've busted their asses every week to try and get playing time? The Rockets already set a precedent by treating Royce White differently from ANY other rookie in the history of the NBA, to give him actual NBA playing time when he has done f**k all would be an insult to other rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    The thing is he han't even turned up to practice and stuff (well the Rockets have suspended him now, but even before he didn't come), so what kind of message does that send to the other rookies if Royce just strolls in and plays blowout minutes when they've busted their asses every week to try and get playing time? The Rockets already set a precedent by treating Royce White differently from ANY other rookie in the history of the NBA, to give him actual NBA playing time when he has done f**k all would be an insult to other rookies.
    Yes well i didnt mean the very next game. He obviously would have to honour the commitments of practice and other such obligations. I meant that he should be told that he is not expected to travel for the rest of the year, but that he is expect to reside permanently in Houston, be regularly at practice, and when the team is on road trips he is still expected to work out at Houston's practice facilities. After he makes those commitments then i would start playing him. He clearly does have mental issues and since none of us know how they really affect him or how severe they really are we have to take his word for it. Houston has to go one of two ways, cut all ties and move on or accommodate him, i think that letting him stay in Houston and not making him travel shows a big commitment to productively approaching the problem in the short term and enables him to get onto the court while also preparing to solve the longer term issues that will confront him if his career spans a long time because if he gets into a good space which hopefully this would do he would probably be more willing to cooperate

He has played all his life to play in the NBA then he does not even turn up for practice or wants to play ball?

when he goes on twitter rages he sounds like a complete ignorant shitstick. He expects people to bend over backwards simply because. I understand his want for people to have a better understanding of this thing, but not everyone's ills get that kind of attention

He wants a special doctor by his side, which the rockets would foot the bill.

If he would have been upfront and honest about this thing before he was drafted, but he can't expect them to bend over backwards for him now. Void his contract and let him take busses to DLeague games