Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 10-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Tinsley to Denver Deal Dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
At PF??

He's 7'1. Dude's a true center.

he'll be seeing time at both spots. it'll depend on who is playing center at the time.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #17
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
he'll be seeing time at both spots. it'll depend on who is playing center at the time.
I think he'd be the last center we'd play at PF...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
I think he'd be the last center we'd play at PF...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #19
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Theres no way Hibbert is playing PF. He doesnt really have a shot, hes more or less going to try his post moves, dunk, or grab rebs for us. Sounds like a pure C to me
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Given O'Brien's idea of a PF, "runs the floor and hits from distance," Murphy's really the only guy we have, at least by his definition. I don't even remember if I ever saw Croshere play in GS, I don't know what he has left, but he seems like a good fit, just a pretty poor option. McRoberts is athletic and fairly versatile, he has the P word, but he's another pretty poor option. We're almost going to be forced to play a good amount of small ball at this point, Danny and Williams'll probably see at least a bit of time at the 4 I think.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Given O'Brien's idea of a PF, "runs the floor and hits from distance," Murphy's really the only guy we have, at least by his definition. I don't even remember if I ever saw Croshere play in GS, I don't know what he has left, but he seems like a good fit, just a pretty poor option. McRoberts is athletic and fairly versatile, he has the P word, but he's another pretty poor option. We're almost going to be forced to play a good amount of small ball at this point, Danny and Williams'll probably see at least a bit of time at the 4 I think.
Yeah, Williams should see plenty of time this year, IMO.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #22
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Yeah, Williams should see plenty of jail time this year, IMO.

fixed.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #23
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
fixed.
Boo.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: The Jamaal Tinsley Saga

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._to_repea.html

NY Daily News says Miami once again (still?) has interest in Tinsley.

Quote:
Miami has interest in Jamaal Tinsley, stuck at home in Atlanta as the Pacers continue to try to move him.

They've got Mario Chalmers, Chris Quinn, Marcus Banks, and now Shaun Livingston all under contract at the 1 spot. Tinsley is better than all these players (when he wants to be). I've gotta assume Miami would demand Indy take Marcus Banks, who has 3 years (like Jamaal) on his deal, with $4m+ each year. Something like Tinsley for Haslem straight up would be wonderful, but chances of that are slim to none. I'm not sure what type of package could be had with Tinsley going out and Banks coming in, but no matter what it is, I'd rather have the Denver deal. Hopefully this speeds up the talks on that front.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #25
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Boo.

no love from Catz?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._to_repea.html

NY Daily News says Miami once again (still?) has interest in Tinsley.

They've got Mario Chalmers, Chris Quinn, Marcus Banks, and now Shaun Livingston all under contract at the 1 spot. Tinsley is better than all these players (when he wants to be). I've gotta assume Miami would demand Indy take Marcus Banks, who has 3 years (like Jamaal) on his deal, with $4m+ each year. Something like Tinsley for Haslem straight up would be wonderful, but chances of that are slim to none. I'm not sure what type of package could be had with Tinsley going out and Banks coming in, but no matter what it is, I'd rather have the Denver deal. Hopefully this speeds up the talks on that front.

he may be better than those other guys, but is he more reliable? i don't think so, neither mentally or physically. i think they're better off w/o jamaal but i'd gladly take banks.

also, they can keep haslem. the guy is a jerk. i don't like him at all.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #27
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
he may be better than those other guys, but is he more reliable? i don't think so, neither mentally or physically. i think they're better off w/o jamaal but i'd gladly take banks.

also, they can keep haslem. the guy is a jerk. i don't like him at all.
We don't need Banks... We don't need another PG... period. We have Ford, Jack, Diener, and Daniels. We're fine.

You don't qant Haslem? I know he was in a scuffle with JO before, but he's a great player and his teammates love him. I personally think he'd be the perfect fit with a guy like Jeff Foster.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #28
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
We don't need Banks... We don't need another PG... period. We have Ford, Jack, Diener, and Daniels. We're fine.

You don't qant Haslem? I know he was in a scuffle with JO before, but he's a great player and his teammates love him. I personally think he'd be the perfect fit with a guy like Jeff Foster.

Daniels is NOT any form of a PG. He can't run an offense by any means. Dunleavy is more of a point than Quis (and I like Daniels's game). I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a point as, in my opinion, Jack's a lot more of a combo guard than a point. But not Banks, not with that contract. Chucky Atkins I'd welcome, for this year, then waive him when just a portion of his deal is guaranteed next season.

When we have better long-term options that free up cap space on the table, that's what I'd prefer. I think we can definitely make the playoffs, but we need to build towards the next few years moreso than just building a team that can win as many games as possible right now.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Daniels is NOT any form of a PG. He can't run an offense by any means. Dunleavy is more of a point than Quis (and I like Daniels's game). I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a point as, in my opinion, Jack's a lot more of a combo guard than a point. But not Banks, not with that contract. Chucky Atkins I'd welcome, for this year, then waive him when just a portion of his deal is guaranteed next season.

When we have better long-term options that free up cap space on the table, that's what I'd prefer. I think we can definitely make the playoffs, but we need to build towards the next few years moreso than just building a team that can win as many games as possible right now.

i agree. daniels is a slasher, not a playmaker.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #30
marny_navis
Banned

Question So what's the story on Jamaal Tinsley?

Although I know he's had some problems with the team, I've never understood what that problem is. Is it just off-court related stuff like run-ins with the law, does he bicker about being on a bad team... What?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: