Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Hansbrough an official Pacer

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/hansb...ns_090708.html

$1.8mm this year, just under $2mm next, team options for years 3 and 4. So if I'm not mistaken we now have around 6.2 to spend.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
GreatGreg
College star

Default Re: Hansbrough an official Pacer

He's going to do great. Don't worry about him.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

The Pacers roster looks really nice as projected. I love what Bird is doing with the team now. The aquisition of Jones gives the Pacers a serious defensive force. Granger is a special talent. I expect to see him improve even more so.

Hansbrough will be a solid player in the NBA. He will be ready to contribute immediately. He's a big, tough guy who can score in any way necessary. His three point shot is a work in progress, but definitely showing promise. If he can work inside-out, Hansbrough could be a really dangerous player. It's not like he lacks the size and I believe his athletism is underrated.

I plan on going to a Pacers game or two this season. I really want to go to Canseco to watch a Bulls/Pacers and Pacers/Lakers game. I haven't been to a Pacers game since '98, and I figure with the financial slump they're in, the time is now to start making a visits. Indiana should always have the Pacers.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

You definitely should get to Conseco, best arena in the league in my somewhat homer opinion. Tix were cheap last year and will continue to be so. My mom volunteers at a battered women shelter and I plan on taking 8-10 kids to a few games with me next year (free tix, Pacers have been great about it), hopefully get a new generation into the team.

With what Bird's had to work with I think he's done a pretty good job. Obviously still need that next star to put next to Danny to approach elite, but you don't get that through the draft w/o either tanking or getting lucky in the lotto. Keep getting solid pieces that buy in, then year after next Tinsley, Ford, Foster, Murphy, Dunleavy are all expirers, I can't see any of those guys getting extensions, and we all know how valuable expiring deals are, and then MASSIVE cap space.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #5
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I'm one of the few that thinks you guys got a steal with Hansbrough. I think he's going to be a solid starter in this league for a long time.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Dude's competitive watch out.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 AM   #7
Cggamer12
Not airballing my layups anymore

Agreed. Conseco is arguably the best arena in the NBA. Great tradition, great place to watch a game from.

Tix are relatively cheap, and this team should be fun to watch with the additions of Hansbrough, Price (maybe) Rush, Hibbert, Granger, Solomon Jones, Dahntay Jones, and Earl Watson backing up T.J
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

not sure this guy will become anything near an all-star but he will bring toughness to our squad.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: