Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Jack's probably gone

Toronto offered 4 years/$20mm to be their backup 1 and probably sometimes starter at the 2. With the cap dropping again next year a match would probably put us in the lux tax next offseason. As much as I like him, $5m a year is probably a bit too much. Bummer.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
haggard
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Jack's probably gone

yeah, its a shame.. I was hoping he would be here for the long run..

it will leave us terribly weak at the point when/if it happens.
haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Molson
Decent playground baller

Hey guys.

Quick question for you. What was Jack like when he had to accept his role as a backup to Ford. Did he have any issues with it?
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
Hey guys.

Quick question for you. What was Jack like when he had to accept his role as a backup to Ford. Did he have any issues with it?

Obviously I wasn't in the locker room, but not at all from what I could tell. Jack did end up starting more games than TJ though. Seemed like one of the most well liked guys among the rest of the team.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Molson
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Obviously I wasn't in the locker room, but not at all from what I could tell. Jack did end up starting more games than TJ though. Seemed like one of the most well liked guys among the rest of the team.

Thx man. There is a lot of people talking about how he and TJ ford were always trying to one up each other to the detriment of the team and how Jack was vocal about the fact that he should be the starting PG. I read a bit of that in the news as well but I don;'t watch Indiana enoiugh to make and informed opinion and the media loves blowing this stuff out of proportion. Notice anything like that at all with regards to the oneupmanship?

BTW, not sure if yer a fan or not, but i think the Hansborough pickup was nice for you guys. Never understood why everyone was so hard on the guy. All he ever did was outwork annd outperform everyone and win, win win. I thnk he'll be a solid player for you guys for a long time.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
Thx man. There is a lot of people talking about how he and TJ ford were always trying to one up each other to the detriment of the team and how Jack was vocal about the fact that he should be the starting PG. I read a bit of that in the news as well but I don;'t watch Indiana enoiugh to make and informed opinion and the media loves blowing this stuff out of proportion. Notice anything like that at all with regards to the oneupmanship?

He never said anything about who he thought should be starting, at least to my knowledge. There was an "incident" in Milwaukee, around February or so, TJ was doing his usual ball pounding and look for his own shot routine and he and Jack sorta got into a little argument about it on the sideline but that was quickly patched up as far as I know. I don't think there was any "one-upping" or anything, just that neither play the classic distributing 1 all that well and in a free flowing offense like we run basically every player on the floor is expected to look to score when the opportunity presents itself. Later in the season Jack definitely slowed it down and began becoming a lot more of a classic PG, still some of that barrelling down the lane instead of feeding a trailer on a fast break and bad TOs where he'd leave his feet w/ nowhere to go, but he definitely grew as a PG.

Just don't expect to be getting any sort of lock down defender. He's solid, don't get me wrong, but he's got his problems, pretty slow footed when guarding 1s and just too short when on 2s. The dude is just one of those guys you can't help but like though, no one will ever accuse him of not playing hard.

Quote:
BTW, not sure if yer a fan or not, but i think the Hansborough pickup was nice for you guys. Never understood why everyone was so hard on the guy. All he ever did was outwork annd outperform everyone and win, win win. I thnk he'll be a solid player for you guys for a long time.

He's growing on me. I still don't like taking him at #13, wish they'd moved down and gotten him and maybe another pick or something in the process, but I'm over it. I'm sure Bird tried as much as he could to move down and he's said Hansbrough was the #1 target so take the guy you want.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: