Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: #1 NBA Playoff Series Performance Of All-Time

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    It was a great series for sure, but it's hard to top Wilt's 67 vs Boston. Taking down the 8x defending champions while averaging a triple double (along with an estimated 41 blocks in 5 games) is pretty nuts.

I do prefer Russell in general, but everything went right for Wilt that year.

Iagree. Russell was the greater all time player, but the 67 series by Wilt was special..

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And Wilt could only have dreamed of facing that Laker team in a Finals in '62. Chamberlain averaged 51.5 ppg against LA during the regular season that year, which included three games of 60....
    Wilt doesn't do that in the Playoffs though. His 50.4 ppg season - What did he do in the Playoffs? 35 ppg and was the 4th leading scorer in a Game 7 loss.

Banned

1962 Bill Russells numbers per 100 possessions and 40 minutes
    11.2 ppg, 13.9 rpg, 2.7 apg in 100 poss. per game. & 40 mpg.

1962 Wilt Chamberlain numbers per 100 possessions and 40 minutes
    27.7 ppg, 14.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 100 poss. per game. & 40 mpg.

2000 Shaq numbers per 100 possessions and 40 minutes
    31.8 ppg, 14.8 rpg, 4.1 apg in 100 poss. per game & 40 mpg.

Russell is a glorified Ben Wallace. There wasn't one aspect of the game he was significantly better at than Ben Wallace other than "winning" something more dependant on teammates than ones self. Mind as well put robert horry in your top ten all-time.

Shaq is the GOAT bigman.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana

Russell is a glorified Ben Wallace. There wasn't one aspect of the game he was significantly better at than Ben Wallace other than "winning" something more dependant on teammates than ones self. Mind as well put robert horry in your top ten all-time.

Shaq is the GOAT bigman.
    RG or 32Dayz or if youre both whatever, what were the stats per 100 possessions in Russell's 62 NBA Finals, Wilt's 67 EDF, and Shaq's 00 Finals?

I think I've got to go with the Hakeem in the 1995 WCF, partly because I wouldn't know which Jordan performance to pick and Hakeem absolutely schooled the 'MVP' David Robinson. It's one series that just sticks out in my mind.

I believe Hakeem was furious that Robinson won MVP, and proceeded to drop 35-13-5-4 on 56% while Robinson had 24-11-3-2 on 45% in the series. I recall Robinson looked like he was about to break down to tears in the middle of a game. That was art.

Russell is a glorified Ben Wallace. There wasn't one aspect of the game he was significantly better at than Ben Wallace
    You're different than other obvious trolls in that I actually find myself agreeing with some of the things you post. But then you go and post something this stupid and I find myself wondering how in the hell I could ever agree with anything you say.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I think I've got to go with the Hakeem in the 1995 WCF, partly because I wouldn't know which Jordan performance to pick and Hakeem absolutely schooled the 'MVP' David Robinson. It's one series that just sticks out in my mind.

I believe Hakeem was furious that Robinson won MVP, and proceeded to drop 35-13-5-4 on 56% while Robinson had 24-11-3-2 on 45% in the series. I recall Robinson looked like he was about to break down to tears in the middle of a game. That was art.
    I like how you put parentheses on MVP.

Were stuck on a tie for #1...

I would've probably voted for Shaq, but since it wouldn't matter, I'll break the tie and go with Olajuwon's 95 WCF.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    I would've probably voted for Shaq, but since it wouldn't matter, I'll break the tie and go with Olajuwon's 95 WCF.
    I was about to do the same (even as a Wade stan). I think I'm going to stick to post-merger series for this project because the games are readily available to rewatch. I feel confident enough in my Wilt (or Erving) vote, but down the line I think I'll have trouble identifying the top pre-77 series after the top 5-10 (so limiting myself to post-merger makes sense for now). So my vote is for 95 Hakeem as well.

I rule the local playground

Shaq is the GOAT bigman.

Gee what are we missing here? HUh..OH yeah freaking defense..So once again we have some clown not bothering to talk about the defensive end when comparing the greatest defensive player of all time with other players..Good job..

Its amazing how much of this I see on this site. The people who don't really know basketball always want to use simplistic stat lines to try and win arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I was about to do the same (even as a Wade stan). I think I'm going to stick to post-merger series for this project because the games are readily available to rewatch. I feel confident enough in my Wilt (or Erving) vote, but down the line I think I'll have trouble identifying the top pre-77 series after the top 5-10 (so limiting myself to post-merger makes sense for now). So my vote is for 95 Hakeem as well.
    Just stick with your original vote, what you feel is the #1 series performance, not based on what the current results are. Since this idea has not gone as planned (not enough votes), this will be the lone thread that decides the top 10. So what ends up with the most votes will be #1, second most votes will be #2, and on and on. Or I'll make a #2 thread and all the votes will carry over for #2. And for #3 thread all the votes will continue to carry over except for the top vote getter.
    For your Shaq vote, what series BoutPractice?
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 06-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Shaq is the GOAT bigman.
    1. I doubt you accounted for the fact that in Russell's/Wilt's era, team rebounds were also included in the boxscore.
    2. "Per 100 poss." stats favor players of slower teams/leagues, since slower offenses are more heavily built on big men. Both Wilt's and Russell's actual "per 100" would be higher than what shown if they had to play under modern systems. Especially Wilt's probably.
    3. You didn't account for fatigue. Wilt and Russell almost never rested and their adjusted stats would gain a new bump if they did.
    4. Defensive stats are unavailable and would favor Russell and Wilt, even adjusted. So do fouls commited. Even so, their defensive impact, especially Russell's, isn't shown 100%.
    5. Important: Before comparing these 3 straight, how about posting the "per 100" stats of their most significant teammates and their whole teams as well, so that their impact is better understood? If individual stats from '62 should be adjusted, so should team stats.
    6. One season doesn't constitute one career.

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

1995 WCF - Hakeem Olajuwon

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Just stick with your original vote, what you feel is the #1 series performance, not based on what the current results are. Since this idea has not gone as planned (not enough votes), this will be the lone thread that decides the top 10. So what ends up with the most votes will be #1, second most votes will be #2, and on and on. Or I'll make a #2 thread and all the votes will carry over for #2. And for #3 thread all the votes will continue to carry over except for the top vote getter.
    For your Shaq vote, what series BoutPractice?
    Okay, I'll stick with it then.

I think it's difficult to get a lot of voters in these threads while games are still going on, maybe you should bump it after the Finals? Up to you of course...