Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Bulls and Noah agree to 5 year, 60 million deal

incredibly overpaid. then again, so is every decent big man on the market more or less; what could the Bulls really do? Someone was bound to offer Noah that kind of money regardless during his UFA, so a contract of that sort was inevitable. A big thing here now is the Bulls HAVE to give Rose at least 13/14 mil per and likely 16 mil-ish/per, which just DESTROYS their cap space.

Rose + Deng + Noah + Boozer is a terrific core but they're not legitimate title contenders without some pieces and their cap will be completely saturated.

He may just be a roleplayer... but for the position he plays, pathetically he is one of the better centers in the NBA. Not as overpaid as people think imo.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This is a great deal for the Bulls. Noah is a legit starting C that gives you exactly what you want from that position and that's rebounding, defense and toughness. And being only 25, the Bulls have him locked up for his best years. He's not incompetent on offense either. I'd rather have Noah at C than David Lee and when you look at the market set with recent signings/extensions given to guys like Aldridge, Lee, Haywood and Bargnani, the Bulls got a good deal here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch67
    Do the Bulls EVER learn from their mistakes? This is Dengs contract all over again.
    No it's not.

One decent yr so far, and it was even plauged with foot problems.
    He has consistently shown that when he has been given minutes he keeps the 10+/10+ average. And his foot problems were only big towards the end of the season, which isn't a deal anymore.

This is a horrible signing and will haunt us for years to come. How long can a guy his size stay a high energy guy? No wonder we cant sign a real superstar, our FO is the biggest joke in the NBA. Who wants to play for a team that keeps over paying second teir talent and cant pay the stars?
    And then when we don't sign him you whine and ***** about how the front office is stupid because we can't keep our players.

Dalembert/Tyson Chandler all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    Carmelo alone would have been making close to what those 2 make combined.
    Franchise player > 2 role players.

High School Varsity 6th Man

It seems ppl who arent bulls fans think its more so overpaid and bulls fans think its a good signing. I am a bulls fan and think he was overpaid. I love the energy, hustle, rebounding, passion and heart noah brings every nite. Is it really worth 12mill/year??? I think we should have waited at least until we saw him play with Boozer and see if he can keep up the same type of stats as well as improve on them with an offensive force playing alongside him. Noah is still light in the weight department and gets pushed around by the bigger C in the league. Noah is the only C that weighs under 250. Maybe they know something at the Berto Center we dont know but the only way to justify this signing is if he can average 15+ppg and 11+rpg along with 2bpg....

Noah is one of the best Centers in the game. He may not be the most talented, but he works harder than most and doesn't have the injury resume of some of the other top centers (Bynum, Yao, Bogut)

If some like David Lee or LMA can make $13m per year or whatever they make, Noah at $12m per year is not a bad deal at all. Fact is every top player relative to their position gets overpaid, not sure why this would come as a surprise or come off as a bad deal.

Caution: Adult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    No it's not.

He has consistently shown that when he has been given minutes he keeps the 10+/10+ average. And his foot problems were only big towards the end of the season, which isn't a deal anymore.

And then when we don't sign him you whine and ***** about how the front office is stupid because we can't keep our players.
    This kind of money should be reserved for players you build around, not for players you add in around the central piece(s). Noah is not some one who a team can build a championship around. $8mil/ yr would have been more than enough.

This FO has overvalued and overpayed its players since the departure of The Slueth. We don't even have tradable assets because if they show any sort of talent, GarPax signs them to a contract extension such as Deng's or Noah's. Then you're stuck with average to slightly above average talent thats over priced, unable to put them into any trades that would improve the team.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch67
    This kind of money should be reserved for players you build around, not for players you add in around the central piece(s). Noah is not some one who a team can build a championship around. $8mil/ yr would have been more than enough.

This FO has overvalued and overpayed its players since the departure of The Slueth. We don't even have tradable assets because if they show any sort of talent, GarPax signs them to a contract extension such as Deng's or Noah's. Then you're stuck with average to slightly above average talent thats over priced, unable to put them into any trades that would improve the team.
    It would not have been enough.
    Look what Haywood got 5/50 or something ridiculous. $10m per.
    Haywood is about as average as you can get at the C position. Noah is above average.
    David Lee 6/80.

If Chicago did not pay him this, someone gladly would have (assuming they could have in the new CBA)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Noah is one of the best Centers in the game. He may not be the most talented, but he works harder than most and doesn't have the injury resume of some of the other top centers (Bynum, Yao, Bogut)

If some like David Lee or LMA can make $13m per year or whatever they make, Noah at $12m per year is not a bad deal at all. Fact is every top player relative to their position gets overpaid, not sure why this would come as a surprise or come off as a bad deal.
    Hardly a surprise but to say its not a bad deal because x,y,z got overpaid as well? I dont understand. Its like someone saying Iggy contract is bad and I argue no its not. Look at what Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson recieved. Elton Brand contract is bad. No its not, look at what Amare Stoudemire is getting.

For those of you who say he is being overpaid, then compare him to the rest of the bigmen of the league. Brendan Haywood got 6 years 55 million. Which of course is less than Noahs, but he is 30 years old, and Noah really has shown a great deal of promise in his young career. Bargnani got 5 years 50 mil a few years back for being more of a perimeter oriented center. Bynum Makes nearly 14 million a year and has been in and out of the lineup his entire starting career. The point is, a lot of bigmen in the NBA are paid big bucks. In my eyes, yes they are overpaid. But compared to the rest of the league, Noah's contract is right at the norm in terms of shelling out money to young centers.

Noah's production the the glass and defensive intensity warrants this deal. He provides you with what a real center should give you. A defensive presence and knack for rebounding. Think about it. There are not a lot of guys in the league who have those attributes. He is going to bring it every time he steps on the floor. Natural centers are very sparse in the league, and if you got one of Noah's caliber, then you have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Hardly a surprise but to say its not a bad deal because x,y,z got overpaid as well? I dont understand. Its like someone saying Iggy contract is bad and I argue no its not. Look at what Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson recieved. Elton Brand contract is bad. No its not, look at what Amare Stoudemire is getting.
    Contracts are relative to each other.

Everyone gets "overpaid" or so we think, but it's market value. It's what GMs are willing to give out. I also used examples of contracts given out this summer, so it truly is market value. I'm not comparing him to Iggy or Brand or contracts given out years ago.

I think it's easier to look back and say someone is overpaid, like a Brand, but for now, Noah got market value as the contracts of his peers show.

It's a lot of money, but it's not overpaid. If Chicago did not pay him that, someone else would have gladly.

Local High School Star

I'm still waiting for some kind of reason as to why the Bulls HAD to extend him now instead of letting him play out his contract and become a restricted free agent. There will be a new CBA after this year, and it's likely that the cap will go down along with max contracts. That will drive everyone's contracts down.

Why not wait until the CBA comes in and then see what Noah's value is in the NEW market? They could have saved 10s of millions had they done this. Instead, they let the player assume a position of power when the organization was in the drivers seat. They bid against themselves and it's going to bite them in the ass.

It's going to be fun watching Mozgov dominate Noah.

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    I'm still waiting for some kind of reason as to why the Bulls HAD to extend him now instead of letting him play out his contract and become a restricted free agent. There will be a new CBA after this year, and it's likely that the cap will go down along with max contracts. That will drive everyone's contracts down.

Why not wait until the CBA comes in and then see what Noah's value is in the NEW market? They could have saved 10s of millions had they done this. Instead, they let the player assume a position of power when the organization was in the drivers seat. They bid against themselves and it's going to bite them in the ass.
    That's what I was wondering too.
    I guess the only two things I can think of are, another team offers way to high an offer and Chicago gets cold feet about matching or.... There's also so much uncertainty with the new CBA.. maybe it's better they extend him now and let him get grandfathered in?