Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Laker News: Phoenix Interested In Pau Gasol

I actually kind of like the idea of this as long as the Lakers get some more draft picks.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/3...kers-pau-gasol

Default Re: Phoenix Interested In Pau Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I actually kind of like the idea of this as long as the Lakers get some more draft picks.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/2/3...kers-pau-gasol
    I'd be good with if if all we got was our 2015 pick back

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'd be good with if if all we got was our 2015 pick back
    Yup at this point I think cap relief and a solid first rounder is a good route to take. Gasol has been pretty good this season so I'm sure there's a market for him. I'd just rather not let him walk for nothing because there's no way he's going to want to play in 'antoni's system for the end of his career.

Suns won't give up a draft pick for him, at least not a 1st rounder. Y'all can have a second though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Suns won't give up a draft pick for him, at least not a 1st rounder. Y'all can have a second though.
    So a guy who's averaging a double/double, who still has a solid couple years left, and is a future hall of famer isn't worth a first round pick??? I would highly doubt that.

So a guy who's averaging a double/double, who still has a solid couple years left, and is a future hall of famer isn't worth a first round pick??? I would highly doubt that.
    Gasol is absolutely worth a 1st rounder. Suns have 3 1st round picks this year, right?? They can afford to give up one of them.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Gasol is absolutely worth a 1st rounder. Suns have 3 1st round picks this year, right?? They can afford to give up one of them.
    I think that's their thought too. It's probably more so they can't afford to keep them all. That's 3 guaranteed contracts they would have to give out. I'm not sure they will have 3 extra roster spots. I'm sure Phoenix is trying to move some of those picks.

If you can get an expirer (ours has 80% of his contract covered by insurance) and a first round draft pick somewhere else, by all means let the market dictate.

NBA lottery pick

If you can get an expirer (ours has 80% of his contract covered by insurance) and a first round draft pick somewhere else, by all means let the market dictate.
    I think you're crazy if you think the Suns actually want to draft 3 guys in the first round this year.

I think you're crazy if you think the Suns actually want to draft 3 guys in the first round this year.
    I don't believe that is what they want. There's definitely going to be some sort of deal with those picks, I just don't think the Suns are dealing one of them for Pau.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

I don't believe that is what they want. There's definitely going to be some sort of deal with those picks, I just don't think the Suns are dealing one of them for Pau.
    34%of the lotto pick of last 10 yrs r out of league

But by all means keeps ur 15-30 range 1st round pick & enjoy spending money on them & they soon will b out of league

Instead of getting to playoffs, making $$$ for atleast 3 home games & a nice learning exp for your young guys

I heard from Matt Money Smith that the Suns would probably send the pick they got from Indiana which will likely be the 30th pick.
    If they don't budge and offer the Second higher pick, I say offer another key piece that they may need. If Bleasoe is not coming back, theres no point of paying extra for Pau if they don't have a chance of advancing to the 2nd round.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I heard from Matt Money Smith that the Suns would probably send the pick they got from Indiana which will likely be the 30th pick.
    If they don't budge and offer the Second higher pick, I say offer another key piece that they may need. If Bleasoe is not coming back, theres no point of paying extra for Pau if they don't have a chance of advancing to the 2nd round.
    That's where the discussions fell through. The Suns wanted to give one of their bottom 1st rounders, the Lakers want one of the better 1st round picks. I think with Gasol the Suns are probably a 2nd round playoff team.

That's where the discussions fell through. The Suns wanted to give one of their bottom 1st rounders, the Lakers want one of the better 1st round picks. I think with Gasol the Suns are probably a 2nd round playoff team.
    I heard they are waiting and wanted to make sure Pau is healthy enough right now.
    But like I said, there's no point of paying extra on Pau and not going farther with Bledsoe out for the year (?).
    A healthy Farmar or Blake can help them IMO in exchange for a higher pick. If they don't want these guys, involve another team.

Very good NBA starter

You do realize that almost half of Pau's contract has already been paid. So yeah the Lakers wouldn't be saving as much money as you think. Okafor's contract alone is not a desirable asset or else more teams would have actually showed interest.