Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laker News: Blake traded to GSW For Brooks & Bazemore

Hereeee weeeee goooo with the salary dump & acquiring young talent!

MarShon Brooks has quite a bit of potential. We will see if he is in long-term plans though. I liked Steve Blake while he was here - great guy, good backup PG, but he was not in long-term plans obviously. He is too expensive to pay as a backup on a rebuilding team.

Lakers guard Steve Blake has been traded to the Golden State Warriors, he told reporters as he left the team's Los Angeles facility in street clothes Wednesday night.

The Lakers will get reserve shooting guards Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks from the Warriors, sources told ESPN.com.

"Real mixed emotions," Blake said. "The hardest thing really is my family. Now I'm going to have to spend four months probably away from them."
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...mixed-emotions
    Last edited by bladefd; 02-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Blake traded to GSW

Blake has a ton of respect from me for his play throughout the years. If not for Kendall Marshall emerging, I would have truly disliked this move. Blake really came alive and through when Kobe was injured and they needed someone to fill the void. Ever since Coach Kobe days with Mike Brown, Blake played so great. A great passer, a great shooter (even with one arm he did way better than one would expect) and a guy who hates to lose so is driven to win.

It's tough to lose a player like this but it's understandable from a salary standpoint and a guy like Blake deserves to be in the Playoffs or at least have a great chance to be with father time creeping up.

God dammit. The one guy who I didn't want to see leave the team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

personally this was not about young talent.. the lakers are deep in scrubs and these guys will fit in fine. this was a move toward getting out of the punitive luxury tax..

they say hill is next....

wow, i am just not used to rock bottom...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

if i may add, i am sad to see blake go... quality player and quality human being. his wife is also awesome and would tweet with me at times...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

I'm actually sad to see Steve Blake go, he certainly frustrated me a lot in the first year or so, then last year and this year when he played contributed pretty well, just seems like a bit of a tanking move although I do like Marshon Brooks for some reason just hasn't found any consistency or really anything this year but I have always for some reason liked his potential but hasn't really shown that much, hopefully he realises it here. The Warriors finally get quite a good backup point guard or at least one that fits them well in my opinion, I think it's if Brooks realises his potential or even if it's just to tank potentially a good trade for both sides depending on what the Lakers motivations are for the trade.

Sucks to see him go, I hope Hill is not next...do they not see the hustle and potential in that guy??

He'll be close enough to his family....no big deal.
    Personally, I won't miss him at all......just a run of the mill player......dime a dozen. No offense to you guys who love him
    I'm all about getting under the cap the next 2 years (this year and next)

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Blake traded to GSW For Brooks & Bazemore

I think the only reason Blake was putting up decent numbers this season is because he was in 'antoni's system which always helps out the PG's. Marshall is a better player so I'm fine with this move. I'm actually suprised we got Bazemore and Brooks in this deal. I feel like the Lakers got the better end of the trade. Those guys both have plenty of potential. Maybe a change of scenery is all they need. If they don't pan out I would think it would help the Lakers financially to have a little extra cash to go after big name FA's in the upcoming years like Love, Irving (or maybe even Durant).

Man, I have no clue how to react. I am happy for Blake because he is in the playoff hunt, and will still have some freedom in an offense. But I really like Steve Blake. He is one of the few guys on this team that played with heart and balls.

Wish him and his lovely family all the best.

And to those idiots who tweeted his wife bullshit after he missed that shot in the playoffs, suck my duck bitches.

Brooks started out hot as a rookie, then fell off a cliff. Bazemore, I have no idea about him. Seems to have good size and apparently played some good D in college

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired guards Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for guard Steve Blake, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1...OdcxowW5s5Z.99

OK so we are in full tank mode.

Who the hell are we gunna get?

SoCal...you are right. This is rock bottom.

Sorry for all the guys who know this already.
    Blake is one of the very few who averaged over 40%(career playoffs) from the 3pt line the last several seasons. The other 2 are Fisher and Nash.
    Im not talking about a few games here but career, as in 6 playoff appearances(38games) under different coaches and teammates.
    Im not saying he is a playmaker, who can breakdown defenses and take over games, but I firmly believe he is a very good complement with superstars bec of his ability to shoot, not make a ton of mistakes, spot the open teammate and last but not the least, COMPETE.
    His best game with the Lakers IMO, Game 7 vs the Nuggets, winner take all match. Only Pau shot well and the rest struggled frm the field.
    Bynum shot 27%, Metta=33.3% missed 10 of 15 shots,Sessions hit a measly 25% while Kobe shot under 44% but in fairness had 8 assists and didn't forced many shots.
    Lakers were clinging on a 1pt lead scoring just 69 pts at home after 3 periods.
    Steve hit 5 of 6 of his 3pt shots and played for 31 minutes.
    Many thanks to a classy individual who never whined about anything.
    More power to you Steve Blake.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I loved this trade when it happened, and I love it even more after last nights game. The fact is that this trade made us younger, tougher, and more athletic. And this is what we needed to improve as a team. The game has changed in recent years to where you have guys from the streets learning to play "sophisticated" basketball, and adding some young guys to our team that have that street toughness in them at last gives us a chance to match up with other teams.

Props to Lakers management for being able and willing to constantly adapt to todays NBA.

shhhhhhh

I like Blake the person and I loved his pesky style of play but he's missed nearly 60 games the last three years due to a multitude of injuries..It's good to get a look at some other players the rest of the season since Blake wasn't in their long term plans.

Pretty sure this also resets the repeater tax, now they need to stay below 73 million next year and it's free spending without sanctions for the following 5 years