Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Signs w/ the Lakers for 18m/2years(TOption)/9m per year

Late bloomer?

You never know. Maybe he's a late bloomer and reaches all star level. I know it would be hilarious if he ended up with better stats than Dwight. It could happen. Dwight's slightly overrated. (And that's not bitterness talking)but it would be awesome. Both players played for each other's team too.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Don't forget, @jordanHill was a lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Late bloomer?

You never know. Maybe he's a late bloomer and reaches all star level. I know it would be hilarious if he ended up with better stats than Dwight. It could happen. Dwight's slightly overrated. (And that's not bitterness talking)but it would be awesome. Both players played for each other's team too.
    Big Difference: Dwight is geting paid 20mil to Hill's 4mil

Hill likes to play defense & rebound...while Howard b!tches about the touches on the offensive end...

hill is basically doing all the things MDA ask Choward to do and wouldn't....

High School Varsity 6th Man

I always thought Hill had the potential to be the next Rodman, and truthfully that is how he has been playing since entering the starting lineup. The only difference is that Hill is more polished offensively than Rodman ever was. He is really making a difference for our team. The best hustle guy in the entire NBA.

NBA lottery pick

I think all of the LA fans have liked Hill's game since he's been here. We all saw potential there. What he's been doing the past couple of games is great. I think he can put up good numbers while Kobe is out. When Kobe comes back it'll be interesting to see how the offense works. Right now the team really needs his scoring down low though, and that might not change since Pau hasn't been quite the same as he was a few years ago. Anyway around it the defense and rebounding are things that should stay at a good level as long as he can stay focused.

MJ(Mean John) I agree about Howard being slightly overrated. His offensive game is terrible. I never realized how limited it was until last season. I think we all watched a Magic game with Dwight in it here or there but we never really knew how limited he was. There's a lot of C's in the game right now that are better scorers than Dwight and I think Hill could end up being better in the post. Dwights athleticism does make him very dangerous on the defensive end, but at the end of a game when you have a guy on offense who's a liability it's tough to win games in the playoffs.

I always was a fan of Hill's game.. The hustle, the hard-nosed defense, the rebounding, blue-collar mentality.. I always wanted somebody to replace Ronny Turiaf. Jordan Hill is that guy. He might be a star in the making as a lot of you mentioned. Imagine if he can be our starting PF or C going forward? We would just need to sign a SF and PG over the summer. One less position to worry about..

Relax on the Rodman comparison, folks. Rodman is the greatest offensive rebounder EVER (top 3 greatest overall rebounders EVER) and a top 10 greatest defenders ever imo. Hill is not yet there. Give him some more games before you throw out Rodman comparisons. You don't want to set him up for failure.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think all of the LA fans have liked Hill's game since he's been here. We all saw potential there. What he's been doing the past couple of games is great. I think he can put up good numbers while Kobe is out. When Kobe comes back it'll be interesting to see how the offense works. Right now the team really needs his scoring down low though, and that might not change since Pau hasn't been quite the same as he was a few years ago. Anyway around it the defense and rebounding are things that should stay at a good level as long as he can stay focused.

MJ(Mean John) I agree about Howard being slightly overrated. His offensive game is terrible. I never realized how limited it was until last season. I think we all watched a Magic game with Dwight in it here or there but we never really knew how limited he was. There's a lot of C's in the game right now that are better scorers than Dwight and I think Hill could end up being better in the post. Dwights athleticism does make him very dangerous on the defensive end, but at the end of a game when you have a guy on offense who's a liability it's tough to win games in the playoffs.
    kobe coming back has nothing to with Jordan Hill. There are no plays called for him now and wont be called when Kobe comes back...

if anything when Kobe drives he will get dunks cause his man will leave to go for kobe....

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    kobe coming back has nothing to with Jordan Hill. There are no plays called for him now and wont be called when Kobe comes back...

if anything when Kobe drives he will get dunks cause his man will leave to go for kobe....

my 2 cents

Bro, Kobe isn't driving anymore.

Only posting up and shooting Jumpshots. I'm kidding

NBA lottery pick

I think Kobe coming back affects everybody's offensive numbers. It doesn't matter whether plays are called for you or not. It's not like they're going to start averaging 20 more ppg as a team. The only way I see it not doing so is if we see the Kobe from mid last season who was trying to be a facilitator. I doubt that will happen though. Kobe is a shooter and he's going to score the ball. That means other guys aren't going to get as many shots or points.

Not airballing my layups anymore Da Kobester's Avatar

Dwight Choward's a clown even Hakeem realizes what he taught him during the summer was a waste coz clown man doesn't utilize his foot works enough in the paint nor does he react quick enough in his post up moves before opponents can react.

As for my boy J-Chill does the dirty work for less money he the garbage man. A lot of it has to do with Antoni not giving him the chance in NYC as well as Jordan not getting a chance in H-Town. Jordan's got heart and potential and Lakernation saw only a glimpse of that last year before his injury. J-Chill he hungry and now in his 4th season is poised to have a break out year that is if Antoni don't bite him in the a$$ again second time around.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Don't forget, @JordanHill was a lottery pick

Bump.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Has agreed to sign for 18m/2years/9m per year

Welcome back, Jordan Hill :)

shhhhhhh

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Has agreed to sign for 18m/2years/9m per year

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Welcome back, Jordan Hill :)
    For a couple years.. Pau got greedy and Lakers let him walk..

Lakers offered Gasol 2 years 20 million and he declined so they offered Hill 2 years 9 million per with a team option on the second year...

I like this contract better to be honest for the financial flexibility but will miss Pau and would not have complained had Pau come back

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Pau got greedy and Lakers let him walk..
    Let's be real here. Pau did not get greedy. Simply put, he does not want to play for the Lakers. I would not be surprised if he ultimately signs for a smaller contract by his choice.

The Lakers are not a good organization to work for right now, plain and simple. Laker fans need to accept this.

I totally respect Pau's decision.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    For a couple years.. Pau got greedy and Lakers let him walk..

Lakers offered Gasol 2 years 20 million and he declined so they offered Hill 2 years 9 million per with a team option on the second year...

I like this contract better to be honest for the financial flexibility but will miss Pau and would not have complained had Pau come back
    I don't know about him being greedy, the Lakers org have treated him like shit for the past years & probably more to come if he signs back. I'm torn that he's not coming back, but nevertheless, I'd like to see him go to the Spurs, he'll fit well over there.

I never knew about the team option in Hill's contract, not bad for the Lakers. Still a shitty offseason for them.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: ☆Official Jordan Hill Thread: Signs w/ the Lakers for 18m/2years/9m per year

UPDATE: According to Dave McMenamin from ESPN Los Angeles, the Lakers presented two offers to Gasol before today: two years, $23 million and three years, $29 million. The Spaniard reportedly rejected both offers.

Too much for Pau...

Yeah Kobe Hill's contract is decent way to go.. You know what you get with Hill and it doesn't screw up the long term picture
    Last edited by gts; 07-11-2014 at 09:45 PM.