Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Source: Ariza agrees to sign with the Rockets

I would have liked the Clippers to offer him the MLE.

He could have stayed in LA and:

Baron
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Griffin
    Camby

Would have been nice.

Banned

Very nice, Battier can mentor him to be a smarter player. He'll be more effective when Yao comes back which will hopefully be in mid-season. I like the move, we lose an declining veteran small forward for a young talented improved small forward with championship experience.

Local High School Star

Ariza is alot better when hes just hanging back and has a superstar feeding him open shots...

IMO we wont see what hes COMPLETELY capable of this season until T-Mac comes back.

Lol, Cavs...

OK i just don't get what the heck is going on here. Did LA not offer Ariza the full six years or something? I love Artest but I'm not sure if he can make the same kind of impact plays that Trevor did as Ron's not that quick. Despite that it's a huge upgrade for us, and from Ariza'a POV if it really is the same money, he just left a championship contender for a big question mark (Yao and McGrady's health). Errr fire your agent Trev, unless you didn't need any convincing to make that retarded decision.

Saw a basketball once

My Lakers Climb To The Top Again Ballllllaaaa!!!!

Its Only Fair...
    I Mean Orlando Got Vince Carter (and Became My 3rd Favorite Team Next To The Knicks And Lakers) And The Cavs Got The Big Diesel.... I Just Wish They Had Got Ariza Too So It Would Of Been A Hell Of A Rivlary... Hopefully It Still Is :)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by unknown101
    Ariza is alot better when hes just hanging back and has a superstar feeding him open shots...

IMO we wont see what hes COMPLETELY capable of this season until T-Mac comes back.
    The chances of tmac ever donning a rockets jersey are very slim. probly nothing. he has brunt to many bridges to be accepted back. plus we can get a mega good deal off his contract. the era of yao nd tmac is over. yo is finished as an elite player and even if he returns, he'll be nothing more then above avrage playre at best. that leg is screwed. his fracture has not only heaed, its got bigger. thas not somethingthat will ever get better and tmac is fiished period. i say good riddence.
    Last edited by ronnymac; 07-02-2009 at 10:38 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersPwnCavs
    My Lakers Climb To The Top Again Ballllllaaaa!!!!

Its Only Fair...
    I Mean Orlando Got Vince Carter (and Became My 3rd Favorite Team Next To The Knicks And Lakers) And The Cavs Got The Big Diesel.... I Just Wish They Had Got Ariza Too So It Would Of Been A Hell Of A Rivlary... Hopefully It Still Is :)
    Good point about if he went to Cavs
    Finals dream would still be cavs vs lakers, but instead of Kobe vs. LBJ it would be Kobe vs. LBJ, Shaq, and Ariza

That would get some good ratings

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Atleast the Rockets get someone back. Probably going to get to see Ariza play a much bigger role with Yao\T-Mac down for a while witch should be interesting to see how he does.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Atleast the Rockets get someone back. Probably going to get to see Ariza play a much bigger role with Yao\T-Mac down for a while witch should be interesting to see how he does.
    Scola is the guy who will see his role spiked up the most. dontbe surised to see him averae 19 to 21 points a game.

man ariza

he basically agreed to slightly more the lakers offered but for more years (if rezznor's numbers are true). he'll be stuck with that deal for a hot minute if he does surpass expectations. thanks for everything though trevor and i hope you shine even more in houston.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    The chances of tmac ever donning a rockets jersey are very slim. probly nothing. he has brunt to many bridges to be accepted back. plus we can get a mega good deal off his contract. the era of yao nd tmac is over. yo is finished as an elite player and even if he returns, he'll be nothing more then above avrage playre at best. that leg is screwed. his fracture has not only heaed, its got bigger. thas not somethingthat will ever get better and tmac is fiished period. i say good riddence.
    LOL Yao is finish, but tmac will be back. You want to betg on it. Tim Grover= Best nba personal ever. Go check his resume.

Good college starter

Ariza is signing for 6.6 mil a year for 5 years.

Damnit Ariza....who the **** signs with the Rockets over the Cavs....idiot. He should have went to Cleveland and been apart of an immediate title run rather than one that may or may not happen. Good job for getting your money though....

You know, if Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest simply switched names, it would reduce the amount of paperwork tremendously.