Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Study Abroad Roommates Are Trying To Tell Me Nfl Players Are Pu$$ies

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I played high school football and some rugby and rugby is the more dangerous sport in my opinion. I felt protected having equipment while I felt that I can get badly hurt any given moment in rugby. I haven't played alot of Rugby in my life so maybe my argument is one sided.

And as for James Harrison he'd suck in Rugby as he doesn't have the opportunity to blindside defenseless players.
Doesn't the fact that you can "blindside defenseless players" in the NFL sort of prove the point I was trying to make earlier? And, the padding doesn't protect you as much as you think.

I've played a lot of football in my life, including high school football for one of the best teams in the state of Ohio (some of the country's best is played here)... I never 'felt scared,' but I recognized the dangers. If you don't, you end up being carried off on a stretcher.

Violent collisions by rugby's standards happen on virtually every series of downs by football's standards. A few pieces of plastic reinforcing your body isn't going do much when this happens...

You start running around without your head on a swivel in American football (on any level) and you are in for a world of pain.

Those kinds of hits are simply not possible in rugby. As I said, when you are constantly running around a huge field, you can't afford to expend the kind of energy on a single play that we do in American football.

Contact Sports vs. Collision Sport
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Study Abroad Roommates Are Trying To Tell Me Nfl Players Are Pu$$ies

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Adrian Peterson? Well, he'll probably be faster or elusive than any rugby player but I don't think he has the size for the game not to mention he won't take that contact well.

I think players like Ngata, Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, Soporaga, Suh, etc, would make good rugby players. Basically the athletic big defensive linemen or the freak of nature skill position players.
Doesn't have the size?

Adrian Peterson is 6-foot-1, 220 pounds of muscle.

Brian O'Driscoll who I understand is/was one of the better rugby players in the world is 5-foot-10, 210 pounds.

For his combination of speed, agility and elusiveness, AP is absolutely massive.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:13 AM   #18
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Doesn't have the size?

Adrian Peterson is 6-foot-1, 220 pounds of muscle.

Brian O'Driscoll who I understand is/was one of the better rugby players in the world is 5-foot-10, 210 pounds.

For his combination of speed, agility and elusiveness, AP is absolutely massive.

Thank you.

Knickballer, there simply aren't AP looking people that run around and dominate pro rugby. Whereas, there are dozens of AP-sized people in the NFL. American football players in comparison to rugby players are superior in size, strength, speed...

Anyone can try to prove me wrong but will not succeed.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #19
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you guys could compete in rugby, you wouldn't have had to invent your own variation of it.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People who feel the need to rep their "sport" because others don't care are retarded. It's rugby. No one in the US gives a ****. No one in the US woudl say "Football players are better than Rugby" because again, we don't give a **** about Rugby.

Rugby...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
If you guys could compete in rugby, you wouldn't have had to invent your own variation of it.

this coming from a guy who thinks soccer players are tough. yeah its really tough to jog around in circles for 90 minutes while faking injuries whenever an opposing player gets near you.

Last edited by Nanners : 03-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
yes that was it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Heard the same thing when I was out in NZ and Aussie land.

Different sports man....in the NFL you are more likely to get a blindsided hit.

Rugby you have scrums etc.

Like I said two different sports.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

LMAO

Say what?

Know your history you lil f*ck.

USA dominated in Rugby and Crickett until the "Crown" did not allow us to play anymore. So being the NON SHEEP our country is we made better sports (baseball and Gridiron Football) for ourselves.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: