Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Captain America 3: (May 2016) - CIVIL WAR

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I read somewhere (could have just been a rumor though) that the Pym they are going with is just a thief who stole the suit.
    Yeah that's what I've read as well. I just meant instead of having Reed Richards being involved with the creation, they replace him with Pym or which ever Ant-Man they use. I mean it's conceivable Stark could do it on his own I guess, I was just throwing out shit that they don't have the rights to that exists in the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    If you need Spidey to be in this movie then maybe don't go see it (not you but generally speaking). It appears the whole beginning of how Civil War takes off will be changed. What do we really need from Spidey in this movie, to watch the reactions of Carton Fisk and Norman Osborn when Spidey reveals himself, or that he was Iron Mans apprentice of sorts (give him a new apprentice?)... which leads me to ask, if we have a rebooted Spidey in CAIII/CW we will have missed out on why it's a big deal for him to be unmasked anyway. Only just us knowing it's him and it's a big deal.. Having him in the movie would seem rushed unless MCU gets to do a Spidey Reboot before 2016. He was really just another way for us to see what was happening with Captain America and Iron Man in the comics because back then no one cared about them anyway. That's changed now, Spidey is absolutely needed.
    My problem with them not having Spidey/it not being ideal is that he's really the only one that you see truly struggle between both sides. Yeah Invisible Woman struggles with deciding which side to take, but it's not the same. And again...don't have the rights.

Plus we know how important Spidey's identity is to him, even if you've never read a comic, and just seen the movies it's known. And they need that because how many identities are already revealed? . And unless they keep the Defenders identities a secret...they're gonna have a rough time building up a character well enough for that. It's already gonna be semi-challenging seeing this go down without the presence of SHIELD. There's just a lot of obstacles in the way. And having Spidey is the biggest. But if the deal comes down where he's in the movie...then everything else is pretty much a non-factor from that point on.
    Last edited by Rose; 10-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.

they can ignore the whole secret identity/registration aspect of it and have no need for spiderman.

civil war could just be about what happens after age of ultron (stark is responsible for a murderous AI), the gov't wants more control over the heroes and the fight is over pro-govt oversight heroes vs. heroes who want to do their own thing.

I just want a solo of Captain America 3. CA2 was fuqing good movie.. sigh..

something that's floating around on reddit/comicbookmovie/other nerdy sites

The best theory I've heard is that it'll essentially just be Cap vs. Tony fighting over Bucky's fate, where Cap wants to save his friend and Tony wants to stop his father's killer (maybe with some more large-scale superhero legislation going on in the background). That way both characters would be involved on a personal level and the movie could continue the storyline from Cap 2 without just totally rehashing the comic. I'm still wary of the movie just being "Cap v Iron Man," especially so close to Batman v Superman, but I definitely think it can work.
    response:
    The problem with it is Hawkeye.
    He, like Bucky was under the control of a evildoer, and killed many people. If Stark has a problem with Bucky and not Hawkeye (which is likely as he is working with him in Avengers 2), he'd look like a massive hypocrite and will make audiences potentially turn against him. Something they will likely avoid as Iron Man is so popular with the mainstream audiences now.
    I actually like that, and could see that being highly interesting. Makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    something that's floating around on reddit/comicbookmovie/other nerdy sites

response:

I actually like that, and could see that being highly interesting. Makes a lot of sense.
    winter soldier killed howard stark in the mcu? i don't remember this at all, in fact i dont remember his death ever being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    winter soldier killed howard stark in the mcu? i don't remember this at all, in fact i dont remember his death ever being discussed.
    Yeah. In TWS it shows a newsclipping of his "death". While Zola is talking about what Hyrda accomplished

http://observationdeck.io9.com/capta...-of-1558072929 (update 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Yeah. In TWS it shows a newsclipping of his "death". While Zola is talking about what Hyrda accomplished

http://observationdeck.io9.com/capta...-of-1558072929 (update 2)
    nice. i missed that easter egg

Quote Originally Posted by To4
    I just want a solo of Captain America 3. CA2 was fuqing good movie.. sigh..
    This. I like Iron Man but his snarky humor should be reserved for his movies and in the Avengers. Captain America is just an all around masculine guy like Batman. Gimme a straight up action movie with him like in the last one

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

This is news I can live with.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Avengers: Age of Ultron scene foreshadowing the Civil War in Captain America III.

http://youtu.be/QCxtl4V8Qx8?t=1m38s

Banned

4chan poster claims to have seen the whole script. He posts the full story around the middle of the page if you scroll down.

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/71910185/civil-war

Sounds pretty interesting, but I kind of hoped to see [COLOR="White"]Captain America die[/COLOR]. It's most likely fake though.

Banned

too much of this shit. Super heroes getting oversaturated. Avengers 2 was garbage!

Civil War wasn't even that good in the comics. it was a good idea executed extremely badly. I don't get why people are excited for this when the comics it was based on SUCKED.

Decent playground baller jimmybball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    too much of this shit. Super heroes getting oversaturated. Avengers 2 was garbage!

Civil War wasn't even that good in the comics. it was a good idea executed extremely badly. I don't get why people are excited for this when the comics it was based on SUCKED.
    That said, Captain America 2 was the best of all the MCU movies, so I'm pumped for this.

The cast makes it sound like another Avengers movie, not another Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybball
    That said, Captain America 2 was the best of all the MCU movies, so I'm pumped for this.