Default Cardio/Energy issues

Yo WTF I have gone about 80% Vegan and I am having no endurance on the court. Anybody go through this scenario?

admin: approve my new acct plz wtf

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: Cardio/Energy issues

More complex carbs (fruits) about 3-4 hours before your game/workout. Take some stims (preworkout, caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines) 30 mins before.

Make sure your muscles are in good shape by maintaining a high protein diet. 0.75g of protein per lb of body weight is good.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    More complex carbs (fruits) about 3-4 hours before your game/workout. Take some stims (preworkout, caffeine, cocaine, amphetamines) 30 mins before.

Make sure your muscles are in good shape by maintaining a high protein diet. 0.75g of protein per lb of body weight is good.
    Thanks for the advice. I ate 2 bananas and had some coffee before balling and it actually worked. I did much better energy-wise and I recovered fairly well and got a 2nd and 3rd wind.

Next I will try the cocaine (j/k)/

-305B

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Thanks for the advice. I ate 2 bananas and had some coffee before balling and it actually worked. I did much better energy-wise and I recovered fairly well and got a 2nd and 3rd wind.

-305B
    Great to hear buddy! Glad I could help

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller

-305B

Bananas are simple carbs, not sure how far into the diet your going but if your looking for a good gluten free carb try sweet potatoes. I fry them up in coconut oil and add salt. If your not gluten free then oatmeal would work. If your diet is geared toward weight loss start your day with fats and proteins and save your carbs for after workouts except on game days.

During out last summer league. I jogged in the morning. And me and my teammates had some drills in the court. We run up and down the court.

5-time NBA All-Star

B12....

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat

How the f*ck is he gonna get .75g protein/lb on a vegan diet? Serious question.

Let's say he's 180lbs, he needs 135lbs protein... a large chicken breast is ~35g protein. He'd need 4 per day...

no milk, no eggs, no meat, no dairy. How is 135 even possible outside of chugging straight protein shakes all day?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    How the f*ck is he gonna get .75g protein/lb on a vegan diet? Serious question.

Let's say he's 180lbs, he needs 135lbs protein... a large chicken breast is ~35g protein. He'd need 4 per day...

no milk, no eggs, no meat, no dairy. How is 135 even possible outside of chugging straight protein shakes all day?
    It's a pure myth that you need that much protein per day. 90% of the world doesn't eat like that. Only misguided weekend warriors.

Egyptian slaves would laugh at the workouts and food you eat. Thinking that excess exercise/eating is actually healthy for you. Enjoy your old age with no mobility and early death.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    It's a pure myth that you need that much protein per day. 90% of the world doesn't eat like that. Only misguided weekend warriors.

Egyptian slaves would laugh at the workouts and food you eat. Thinking that excess exercise/eating is actually healthy for you. Enjoy your old age with no mobility and early death.
    The contemporary thinking among body builders and elite athletes is 1g per lb/day. For actual "weekend warriors" 0.75g is enough. If youre an active young man playing sports several times a week & lifting weights, then you need extra protein & rest (i.e. sleep) to recover your body. Your organs, joints, CNS, muscles, tendons, etc are all taxed after a heavy session of weights or basketball. This is why it is extremely important to maintain a nutritionally balanced diet that is high in protein while getting atleast 7 hours of sleep. While you may think the protein requirement is just a myth perpetuated by protein companies, how does that explain the fact that most of the athletic world agrees and swears by this principle?

135g of protein is definitely doable on a vegan diet. Doable, but it wont be easy.
    1 protein shake is 30g which is already like 1/4th of your requirement.
    The remaining 100g is the hard part. I guess youll have to eat lots of beans or some shit. Is there any reason you are vegan, OP? Have you considered vegetarian instead?
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 09-04-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

I love this.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I wouldn't recommend this but a lot of people I used to play with, lifted a lot for about 1.5 hours. Jogged on the treadmill or elliptical for 10 minutes to stretch out their legs. Stretch a bit then play basketball for about 45-60 mins. I tried doing this once after benching, deadlifts, ab workouts, free weights and I was bricking everything because my hands were so wobbly. I have heard cardio is the best way to end a lifting workout but how true it is? I'm not entirely sure.

Someone at my gym did this on a daily basis on top of eating I believe recovery protein bars after their workout and they got really big by the end of 3 or so years. It was a noticeable difference from being average weight/decent physique to a bodybuilding type of body.

Drink Alkaline Water