Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Fire Mike Brown!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    hahaha i wasn't ditching out. I just didnt have my computer. Read what I said in the "Jim Buss Speaks" thread.
    OK......lol. I read it and commented.......with less optimism than you

So.......do you see why I wasn't so excited about beating Detroit now?

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    OK......lol. I read it and commented.......with less optimism than you

So.......do you see why I wasn't so excited about beating Detroit now?
    I already knew your point. My point was, if that effort was carried out against other teams, theyd be wins. However watching the Jazz game was an indicator that Mike Brown lost this team. He can beg, and pay them on top of their initially large salaries, and they still won't be motivated.

At this point a coaching change is necessary. Some idiots on the radio said make a trade, but thats just stupid. We got everything we need to win.

I'll list what I didn't like between training camp and now;

Princeton offense - To use this offense, there needs to be both of these scenarios. a) When your team does not have a pass first point guard, and b) when your center is an unselfish player with a high IQ (i.e. pau, divac).

This offense is overkill for the team that is put out there on the court. You take a fresh oven made pizza, and you heat it in the microwave right after it was made....same thing. Didn't need it, and it actually burned the pizza. It completely rendered Nash useless.

The thing that irks me more about the princeton is the double standard involved. Apparently Mike Brown was initially hired over Rick Adelman because they didn't want Adelman and his princeton offense because its "too similar to the triangle offense". It was something they wanted completely done away with. Suddenly Mike Brown says we should run it, and the FO is okay with it?

Last point to make about this is, last season's "system" Mike Brown ran was actually much better than what they're trying to do this year. All we needed was Nash, Dwight, and players like Nash to be given full control of decision making on the court. Since Mike Brown is still a relatively new coach, his lesson learned from this stint with the lakers (as I expect it to end soon now) is that change must happen if only necessary. Case in point when Avery Johnson made a change in the starting lineup against the warriors in the playoffs. It was a change that was not only unnecessary, but also harmful as the team went on to lose 4-2 to the warriors.

He tried to overachieve and underachieved big time. While I like the guy and hoped he'd turn it around, there can only be so much mediocrity before anyone starts to catch on. And mediocrity hadn't had much to do with the record (1-4) as much as it did with the fact that the players aren't playing with passion. Some of them look like they can't wait to leave the game. This should never happen. I guess the saying is right where people say "you can't pay me enough to (fill in what you dont want to do)". Sad to say that it looks like we couldn't pay these players enough to play under Mike Brown. He needs to be relieved of his duties (I hate the word fired lol) and perhaps become an assistant to another coach, or even video coordinating. I heard he was great at that.

Another thing that needs to happen is Kobe needs to stop. I don't know what he's doing. I don't know what to call it....but seriously...stop. Stop telling the fans to shut up. Stop calling them idiots. Stop saying you're going to retire in 2 years, only to change your mind and say you're playing until we hate you. Stop shooting so much at the end of blowouts because thats whats going to drive Dwight Howard away. Wanna know why Van Gundy was fired? Because he was too "negative" as Dwight commented on several times. Kobe, keep doing this crap, and not only do you leave the lakers with a bad taste in your mouth and all of ours, but we also lose Dwight. And why the hell keep Pau Gasol at that point? Just fire everyone. Trade everyone away. Fire the fans, fire Los Angeles....I can clearly keep at this rant. But I don't want to bore you.

Things need to change.

My plan:

1) Hire Jerry Sloan

2) Play freaking whatever the hell is name is that we signed from philly, because he's a young energetic dude with a really good future. I can't stand how Mike Brown never played Kapono either. Brown seems to hate sharp shooters. Somebody put whatever the hell is name is on the floor.

3) Dwight and Kobe BOTH need to be named captains because at this rate, Dwight is our best player. Not fu*king Kobe. Dwight is playing well for a guy that came off surgery and his numbers are still super star like. This is now Dwight's team because regardless of what happens, Kobe is staying a laker. He said it himself. Dwight however, can leave at season end....which sad to say, is looking like its more of a possibility with too many d!ckheads in this organization.

NBA lottery pick

Ok, there's officially too many threads about Mike Brown that are pretty much talking about the same stuff. I'm not one to complain about multiple threads, but this time I don't even know where to post so people will see what I'm saying. This morning on ESPN radio it was reported that if the Lakers don't do well over this homestand they have throughout the next week the will fire Mike Brown!!!! I don't want to root against the Lakers but a losing streak here would really help this teams chances at winning a championship this season. Here's hoping for a 2-4 record over the next 6 games

Wanna know why Van Gundy was fired? Because he was too "negative" as Dwight commented on several times.

My plan:

1) Hire Jerry Sloan
    You do know that Jerry Sloan is a pretty negative guy more often than not, right? He runs the team old-school style where the players shutup and do what Sloan says. If you don't, you get punished. Sloan doesn't care if you're a regular player or superstar like Kobe or Dwight. He will yell at Kobe and make Kobe run laps if he speaks out.

Sloan used to yell at Deron Williams' face during games if he did something stupid in front of rest of team, coaches and fans. Sloan is great coach but old style. If Dwight got sick of Van Gundy being negative, Sloan will scream at him and bench him for short periods if he screws something up on the court. He doesn't take $hit from anyone, not even Karl Malone or John Stockton in prime. He doesn't yell as much as Stan, but he can be pretty negative at times. Weren't there rumors that D-Williams almost get into a fistfight with Sloan? Reminds me a bit of Pat Riley getting close to a fistfight with Shaq when Alonzo Mourning/wade/others had to hold back Riley/Shaq from pulling punches.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    You do know that Jerry Sloan is a pretty negative guy more often than not, right? He runs the team old-school style where the players shutup and do what Sloan says. If you don't, you get punished. Sloan doesn't care if you're a regular player or superstar like Kobe or Dwight. He will yell at Kobe and make Kobe run laps if he speaks out.

Sloan used to yell at Deron Williams' face during games if he did something stupid in front of rest of team, coaches and fans. Sloan is great coach but old style. If Dwight got sick of Van Gundy being negative, Sloan will scream at him and bench him for short periods if he screws something up on the court. He doesn't take $hit from anyone, not even Karl Malone or John Stockton in prime. He doesn't yell as much as Stan, but he can be pretty negative at times. Weren't there rumors that D-Williams almost get into a fistfight with Sloan? Reminds me a bit of Pat Riley getting close to a fistfight with Shaq when Alonzo Mourning/wade/others had to hold back Riley/Shaq from pulling punches.
    The difference in this case is that Sloan actually has credentials. If Dwight and the team can understand that, it will be just fine. He is very old school, and his way is proven at bringing titles. You need a no nonsense coach like Jerry Sloan. With one of those top notch coaches, you're always going to get some sort of attitude thats undesirable. Like Phil Jackson for example. He has this "I don't care if we win by 50 or lose by 50" attitude. He doesn't really show much of any emotion. Guys like Kobe gave him a second chance after he said that Kobe sabotaged games in high school. It was a big problem that got solved after Phil came and led them to more titles.

I didn't hear of the fist fight rumors with Sloan and Williams. I just heard they both had a huge fight where you can hear tirades from far away lol.

But Jerry Sloan is my first choice. I don't really have anyone else in mind honestly. I couldn't even think of D'Antoni. His no defense will completely kill this team. He never even took Nash and the suns to the finals and their team was talented enough.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not really sure Sloan's style is the answer here either. I'm really hoping they aren't looking at D'Antoni. I'd love him as an offensive coordinator. As a head coach I'd be very disappointed. I don't know exactly what the answer is. I'd take Brian Shaw over either of those guys. I think Nate McMillan is certainly worth looking at.

DFish to the rescue!!!!!

The difference in this case is that Sloan actually has credentials. If Dwight and the team can understand that, it will be just fine. He is very old school, and his way is proven at bringing titles. You need a no nonsense coach like Jerry Sloan. With one of those top notch coaches, you're always going to get some sort of attitude thats undesirable. Like Phil Jackson for example. He has this "I don't care if we win by 50 or lose by 50" attitude. He doesn't really show much of any emotion. Guys like Kobe gave him a second chance after he said that Kobe sabotaged games in high school. It was a big problem that got solved after Phil came and led them to more titles.

I didn't hear of the fist fight rumors with Sloan and Williams. I just heard they both had a huge fight where you can hear tirades from far away lol.

But Jerry Sloan is my first choice. I don't really have anyone else in mind honestly. I couldn't even think of D'Antoni. His no defense will completely kill this team. He never even took Nash and the suns to the finals and their team was talented enough.
    Uh......I'm going to do what I didn't do before with the Magic J thing.
    Sloan never won an NBA title.
    I have 3 friends, NBA veterans now retired, who were longtime members of the Jazz under Sloan and they have nothing but the highest praise for him........and yes, he is a dominating figure who doesn't take an inch of crap from anyone.
    I don't know how Kobe & Dwight would get along with him, they have never been told NO in their lives. Karl Malone was even scared of Sloan.
    I wouldn't be surprised if DWill almost got into a fight with him, but I wouldn't be surprised, these NBA guys now know they have all the power and think they know it all, don't want to listen, not like the old days.
    Sloan may have kicked his @ss, you don't know how tough the guy is.
    Sloan runs 45 minute practices, not 2-3 hours and I mean he's in his car by the 47th minute.......but he gets more done in those 45 minutes than most get in hours.

Lakerfreak Mike Brown's offense was so terrible that they threw it out immediately following the season, you may say this one was worse, I will tell you that both were so terrible that it didn't matter.
    I have to say I LMAO at your cursing tirade post.....I have never ever seen you write cursing stuff, I couldn't stop laughing.......I had to look at what time you wrote it.....1:45 am? You had to either be tired or drunk....lol.
    Not knocking you, say what you like, however you choose....it was just funny.

I pray they don't think Bernie Bickerstaff can coach this team.....we need a top coach!!!!!

They should have at least fired the moron when last season ended.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 11-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.

NBA lottery pick

I pray they don't think Bernie Bickerstaff can coach this team.....we need a top coach!!!!!
    Who do you want though (besides Phil....)?

Uh......I'm going to do what I didn't do before with the Magic J thing.
    Sloan never won an NBA title.
    I have 3 friends, NBA veterans now retired, who were longtime members of the Jazz under Sloan and they have nothing but the highest praise for him........and yes, he is a dominating figure who doesn't take an inch of crap from anyone.
    I don't know how Kobe & Dwight would get along with him, they have never been told NO in their lives. Karl Malone was even scared of Sloan.
    I wouldn't be surprised if DWill almost got into a fight with him, but I wouldn't be surprised, these NBA guys now know they have all the power and think they know it all, don't want to listen, not like the old days.
    Sloan may have kicked his @ss, you don't know how tough the guy is.
    Sloan runs 45 minute practices, not 2-3 hours and I mean he's in his car by the 47th minute.......but he gets more done in those 45 minutes than most get in hours.

Lakerfreak Mike Brown's offense was so terrible that they threw it out immediately following the season, you may say this one was worse, I will tell you that both were so terrible that it didn't matter.
    I have to say I LMAO at your cursing tirade post.....I have never ever seen you write cursing stuff, I couldn't stop laughing.......I had to look at what time you wrote it.....1:45 am? You had to either be tired or drunk....lol.
    Not knocking you, say what you like, however you choose....it was just funny.

They should have at least fired the moron when last season ended.

I know he hasn't won a title, but lets look at the accomplishments for a second....he made the finals, twice. Each year he reached the finals, he won 2 games each appearance, against the almighty, jordan-led, bulls. Nobody beat that team ever. You can almost give a ring to any of those teams that played the bulls had they faced anyone else. The great thing about it, he didn't need that much talent. He had a great point guard, and a great power forward. Everyone else took care of their roles.

If Karl Malone and Stockton were afraid of messing up in front of Sloan, imagine Kobe and Dwight. Karl Malone was the most stubborn NBA player. Kobe knows to listen to coach. He also knows how to conform to win. Don't you remember when starbury was having his issues with Larry Brown, Kobe through the media said to marbury "listen to larry". Kobe knows, and if Dwight wants to win, he'll also listen.

lol I was very tired and frustrated from a very eventful day. You'll find me like that sometimes. My apologies

I know Mike Brown's offense was bad last season too. At this point though, I believe that it would have been better than this year's offense. Brown's offense last year depended on Kobe and Ramon's decision making. Leaving that to Nash this season would have produced slightly better results. Thats just my humble opinion anyways.

Edit: I don't think Bernie is in their long term plan. He's obviously going to stay until someone else comes. No idea what happens after. I predict they'll find a coach by 1-2 weeks from now.

Edit: I don't think Bernie is in their long term plan. He's obviously going to stay until someone else comes. No idea what happens after. I predict they'll find a coach by 1-2 weeks from now.
    You will get a new "Turkey" and a black Friday.

I know he hasn't won a title, but lets look at the accomplishments for a second....he made the finals, twice. Each year he reached the finals, he won 2 games each appearance, against the almighty, jordan-led, bulls. Nobody beat that team ever. You can almost give a ring to any of those teams that played the bulls had they faced anyone else. The great thing about it, he didn't need that much talent. He had a great point guard, and a great power forward. Everyone else took care of their roles.

If Karl Malone and Stockton were afraid of messing up in front of Sloan, imagine Kobe and Dwight. Karl Malone was the most stubborn NBA player. Kobe knows to listen to coach. He also knows how to conform to win. Don't you remember when starbury was having his issues with Larry Brown, Kobe through the media said to marbury "listen to larry". Kobe knows, and if Dwight wants to win, he'll also listen.

lol I was very tired and frustrated from a very eventful day. You'll find me like that sometimes. My apologies

I know Mike Brown's offense was bad last season too. At this point though, I believe that it would have been better than this year's offense. Brown's offense last year depended on Kobe and Ramon's decision making. Leaving that to Nash this season would have produced slightly better results. Thats just my humble opinion anyways.

Very Solid Post
    Lol.....don't apologize for your outburst, nothing wrong with it......and better yet it gave me a good laugh.

NBA lottery pick

Mitch speaking after the game tells the whole story. He said in a different situation where if the team had a 5-7 year plan to rebuild it could've worked with Brown

He basically said in a nice way Brown has no clue what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Mitch speaking after the game tells the whole story. He said in a different situation where if the team had a 5-7 year plan to rebuild it could've worked with Brown

He basically said in a nice way Brown has no clue what he's doing.
    We told 'em from the start dd24
    It's amazing, I watched him coach in Cleveland and KNEW he couldn't coach at all, to the point I would laugh out loud at all his idiotic moves. Ex NBA guys I know would also laugh at him......yet we were so clueless (Jimmy) that we actually hired the guy. Adelman is still pissed that he didn't get the job.

We told 'em from the start dd24
    It's amazing, I watched him coach in Cleveland and KNEW he couldn't coach at all, to the point I would laugh out loud at all his idiotic moves. Ex NBA guys I know would also laugh at him......yet we were so clueless (Jimmy) that we actually hired the guy. Adelman is still pissed that he didn't get the job.

It's so crazy how these list of events all took place.

It all started with the new "Jim buss" taking over and Jerry allowing him to make any moves to make sure he could run the team.

Jim wanted to prove to Jerry that HE COULD RUN a team and take them to another championship by lowering the costs tremendously.

What did he do?

He wanted to rid the organization of anything Phil Jackson related. Including not hiring shaw because they wanted to remove the idea of Phil.

Next, he tried cutting costs. Didn't re-sign brown, traded away Lamar for cap space, Etc.

What happened? Wasn't successful that year.

Jerry stayed quiet.

Jerry stepped in, said F.UCK THAT. Lets spend money Jim. You can't build a winner by trying to be a penny saver. PLUS, we have KB.

Jerry got nash and Dwight. INCLUDING trading away JIMMY'S guy BYNUM. Jerry said "tired of his shit"

Then, He let brown have his preseason.

What happens? He wasn't successful again.

Then, he gives him the regular season.

What happens?

Jerry buss didn't even give brown the shot to be unsuccessful again.
    He nipped it in the butt and said "f.uck that"

Bring back the guy that is proven to work. Lol