Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 AM   #46
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/23/08, 7:30PM PST, Staples Center

The Lakers didn't play that well, but like good teams do, they find a way to get it done. The team carried Kobe last game and today Kobe carried them. Walton has been the x factor so far in the series, who saw that coming?!?!?

Interesting stats, teams starting out 2-0 are 191-13 in the playoffs (i think that is in the 7 game format). Phil Jackson teams are 17-0 when getting out to a 2-0 lead.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:50 AM   #47
alexthegod
Local High School Star

Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/23/08, 7:30PM PST, Staples Cente

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
nice win lakers... even when the nuggets took the lead briefly this game never felt in doubt.... i don't think the nuggets are actually a very good team, thye are a collection of players, some great, but they don't play well as a unit...

Love the countdown GTS!

I was having this same conversation with a friend after game one. It's amazing that they have so much individual talent, but they just can't get to the next level as a unit. With Camby to anchor the defense and all that athleticism you'd think it wouldn't be that difficult for the Nugs to become at least a decent defensive team.

Offensively they don't share the ball enough and get enough movement off the ball, too much one on one play.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #48
GoldMedallist
I rule the local playground

Default Re: Official Playoff PimpCast: Nuggets vs. Lakers, 4/23/08, 7:30PM PST, Staples Cente

I think these first 2 games has been shown why Lakers are gonna win the series.

First game: They were defending Kobe and the perimeter, and Gasol / Odom killed them inside.

Second game: Opposite. They locked inside and defended Gasol hard, Odom went soon in foul trouble. Gasol made a dirty job, but Kobe assasinated them (and Luke!) by threes.

If Nuggets focus on the paint, Kobe will rape them from outside, and if they double Kobe on defens, Gasol and Odom will do. I expect next games they will try to balance their defense, but I think Lakers will win in 5, or even 4.

Only one thougth: Pau is playing too many minutes, we will need him in next rounds, maybe Turiaf and Mbenga should play a bit more.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #49
ShowtymeCA2NC
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
couldnt beat us with a cold KB24..i dont expect two bad shooting games frm the Kobester in a row..call me Ray Charles cuz i cant see that happenin..gettin kinda of anxious sittin here at work tho...

LIKE I SAID..Damn Kobe didnt let me down.lol
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: