Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mavericks vs Heat 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    As far as I saw OKC could of won EVERY gm in that series definitely another 2 at least that they flat out couldn't close.. Dallas gets in those situations against Heat its Lights out.
    Quite a weak arguement and contradicting what your team has done. "BOS was in control for most the games outside of game 1....Could have forced game 6-7 and possibly won..."

It dont mean shit because MIA beat BOS just like DAL beat OKC. Officiating was scrutinized in 2006, The refs are either going to let contact go or be very careful they dont face another situation

Dolphins,Heat,Marlins SebasMiamiFan's Avatar

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Chicago is just straight inept scoring.....

BOS controlled most of the games, having bench chemistry issues was a problem for BOS. BOS had the lead in most of the games for the bench to take it away. Rondo hurt in game 3 really effected the whole team. MIA beat BOS but DAL does what BOS does offensively a lot better.

DAL doesnt D up like BOS or CHI, but they make freethrows,they score easy baskets,they are a bigger team frontcourt similar to Chicago with a much better PF in Dirk.

I think its sad how people discredit who DAL has beaten. Bottom line is DAL dealt with a fast OKC team and kept them in check most of the time with Fast breaking opps.
    OKC scored over 100 points on Dallas in like every game. I agree that Dallas has a good defense, but they are not on the level that Miami has faced the last 2 series. I don't see the Big 3 getting shut down. All of them will score over 20 points a game IMO.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Default Re: So who on the Dallas Roster will defend Lebron and Wade.. now that Deng will be gone?

Chicago is just straight inept scoring.....

BOS controlled most of the games, having bench chemistry issues was a problem for BOS. BOS had the lead in most of the games for the bench to take it away. Rondo hurt in game 3 really effected the whole team. MIA beat BOS but DAL does what BOS does offensively a lot better.

DAL doesnt D up like BOS or CHI, but they make freethrows,they score easy baskets,they are a bigger team frontcourt similar to Chicago with a much better PF in Dirk.

I think its sad how people discredit who DAL has beaten. Bottom line is DAL dealt with a fast OKC team and kept them in check most of the time with Fast breaking opps.
    It's not who the Mavs have beaten, it's the Heat that haven beaten tougher teams, battle tested teams like The Celts and the Bulls, the Heat were underdogs on both of these series.

As for the Mavs, beating a young OKC that didn't show any unity on the sidelines or on the court should not be thought of as a preview of the Heat. Beating the Lakers I'll give you that, they were the champs, but they were coming off 3 straight finals and they just didn't have the hunger anymore. Portland without an injured Roy was just first round fodder, just like the Sixers...

So basically beating Bulls + Celts > Beating Lakers + OKC.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Dallas will win NBA finals

Miami in 4 games.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    OKC scored over 100 points on Dallas in like every game. I agree that Dallas has a good defense, but they are not on the level that Miami has faced the last 2 series. I don't see the Big 3 getting shut down. All of them will score over 20 points a game IMO.
    Its the western conference, We saw in the allstar game how much beautiful passing,spacing WC teams have compared to grind it out ugly EC basketball.

Its the western conference, We saw in the allstar game how much beautiful passing,spacing WC teams have compared to grind it out ugly EC basketball.
    Ok but I don't think Dallas can stop the Big 3. Dallas will not have comebacks against the Heat. I just don't see Dallas winning 4 games. I know I may be biased, but Miami has been battle tested against the best of the best.

Local High School Star

Mavs are not the bulls at D, but they have more than 1 offensive option. It will go to 7.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Miami in 6. Let dirk get his and stop every one else from scoring. Game

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick
    Mavs are not the bulls at D, but they have more than 1 offensive option. It will go to 7.
    Because of the NBA finals format, if Dallas doesn't win in 5 games, they can hardly win in 7, they (Dallas) would have to win 3 straight games at home, which is very difficult to do against any good team, on the road or at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    As for the Mavs, beating a young OKC that didn't show any unity on the sidelines or on the court should not be thought of as a preview of the Heat. Beating the Lakers I'll give you that, they were the champs, but they were coming off 3 straight finals and they just didn't have the hunger anymore. Portland without an injured Roy was just first round fodder, just like the Sixers...

I can nitpick the Heat's wins too:

Sixers: 8th seeded team with no experience and no clear franchise player.
    Boston: Their core are old, played without Shaq, and the Perkins trade ****ed them.
    Chicago: Rose isn't in his prime, lacks a solid 2nd option, it's a young team, not tall, blah blah blah

see?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
    It's not who the Mavs have beaten, it's the Heat that haven beaten tougher teams, battle tested teams like The Celts and the Bulls, the Heat were underdogs on both of these series.

NBA is all about match ups.. DAL gave us fits in reg season,but wed be able to beat the thunder no problem... OKC struggled with DAL but beats LA in 6 game i believe.

Should be no excuses to severely discredit both sides. Portland with a better record in a tougher wid eopen conference suggests they are possibly a bit better than that 76ers team... And if you take away PORT and 76ers, Both teams beat the teams that had their number, and beat young scary teams with less experience than them...

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I can nitpick the Heat's wins too:

Sixers: 8th seeded team with no experience and no clear franchise player.
    Boston: Their core are old, played without Shaq, and the Perkins trade ****ed them.
    Chicago: Rose isn't in his prime, lacks a solid 2nd option, it's a young team, not tall, blah blah blah

see?
    Yet all the games were very close except for like 2 of them. Sixers gave us a series, Boston is Boston of course, and Chicago gave us their all.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

its quite funny people are now equating Westbrook to Wade... if all you people only care about speed, you might as well rank Barea up there with Wade. Oh, how about Barbossa?

we shall see, we shall see

Local High School Star

Miami's defensive scheme is generally to pack the paint and take away drives and penetration, leaving shooters open and hoping to close out quickly enough to contest. I don't know if that's going to work against the Mavs with all of their shooters. Then there's the matter of stopping Dirk, who hasn't been stopped by anybody so far in the playoffs - Miami was able to bother 2006 Dirk and slow him down significantly, but I don't know if it's possible to do that anymore. We'll see.

On the other hand, I don't see how they'll be able to stop Wade - Kidd, while very crafty, doesn't have the speed to keep up with Wade anymore and Lebron has historically done very well against Marion.

I feel like Dallas has the advantage in this series, but I picked Boston and the Bulls (assuming they don't come back down 3-1) too.

Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan
    Yet all the games were very close except for like 2 of them. Sixers gave us a series, Boston is Boston of course, and Chicago gave us their all.
    But there's no reason to undermine the Heat's and the Mav's playoffs accomplishment. What the other poster was doing is nitpicking. We can do that with almost every team in history.