Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Smart decision by Obama.
    yeah, Im supper happy with a delay.

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Who in Syria other than the government has missiles and rockets?
    Why did the missiles only come from areas controlled by the government and go to areas populated by the government's enemies.
    The rebels, apparently they where even caught with 2kg of sarin gas a few weeks earlier in Turkey close to the border of Syria.

Once the facts are displayed before congress they will be released to the public. I believe in Obama as a man, so I take his word that the chemical attack occurred, and that it can be linked to the Syrian government.

However, I'm tired of the U.S. being the only nation who enters into these conflicts. At some point, the U.S. has to yield to International opinion. If the Countries in the Middle East and Europe have no problem with the Syrian government performing genocide against their own people, then I'm not sure it is our place to continue to police nations half-way across the World.

In the end, I feel like it all comes down to our support of Israel (big shocker there), but Israel has their own military. Let them handle the problem if they feel Syria's actions are a threat to their security. I don't buy the notion that a chemical attack in the Middle East is a threat to our National security.

Who in Syria other than the government has missiles and rockets?
    Why did the missiles only come from areas controlled by the government and go to areas populated by the government's enemies.
    Gee, I don't know...maybe the thousands of Al Qaeda mercenaries that have been flooding Syria from (and armed by) Qatar, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia the past couple of years? You don't know where they came from, so don't even start with that. And as far as where they hit? The people fighting Assad aren't Syrian. They don't give a **** who gets hit by their weapons. Civilians mean nothing to them. And who are you getting your information from? I have family and family friends that we talk to daily on Skype living in the Damascus area...they ALL support Assad.

As the ZenMaster and (again) tomtucker's video shows...they've been caught red-handed with chemical weapons.
    Last edited by code green; 08-31-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    You're arguing the wrong point here. Nobody's okay with anyone using chemical warfare, there's zero proof Assad's forces used them. Zero. And yet I can go on YouTube and watch a bunch of animals gassing rabbits and yelling "allahu akhbar" every 20 seconds.
    Not to mention Turkish police found 2kgs of sarin gas in the home of a member of Al-Nusra Front in May.

so what did obama really say

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Gee, I don't know...maybe the thousands of Al Qaeda mercenaries that have been flooding Syria from (and armed by) Qatar, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia the past couple of years? You don't know where they came from, so don't even start with that. And as far as where they hit? The people fighting Assad aren't Syrian. They don't give a **** who gets hit by their weapons. Civilians mean nothing to them. And who are you getting your information from? I have family and family friends that we talk to daily on Skype living in the Damascus area...they ALL support Assad.

As the ZenMaster and (again) tomtucker's video shows...they've been caught red-handed with chemical weapons.
    There also this little gem on youtube, but I don't know if videos like these are real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZINtnvUD-Y

Banned

Bullshit on zero proof.
    Bullsh!t on your understanding of the word PROOF.
    Last edited by HarryCallahan; 08-31-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    War Powers act gives the president power to engage in these kind of activities without congressional approval (I think for 90 days.. I might be wrong though)

He is supposed to brief congress and get their approval, but he doesnt need to go thru them.. This is why we have so many conflicts.. Congress has shirked their responsibility and it makes war to easy for us to engage in..
    War Powers Res is short. It's simply lazy journalism to misreport that Pres can take unilateral action for 60 days.

If Pres "consults" me abt #Syria, I'll tell him military action w/o authorization f/ Congress is unconstitutional & violates War Powers Res.

War Pwrs Res: Pres may make war only prsnt to 1. cong declar'n, 2. cong auth'n, or 3. emergency b/c of attack on U.S.
    That's the tweet of Congresman Justin Amash
    https://twitter.com/repjustinamash

So no, not exactly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Once the facts are displayed before congress they will be released to the public. I believe in Obama as a man, so I take his word that the chemical attack occurred, and that it can be linked to the Syrian government.

However, I'm tired of the U.S. being the only nation who enters into these conflicts. At some point, the U.S. has to yield to International opinion. If the Countries in the Middle East and Europe have no problem with the Syrian government performing genocide against their own people, then I'm not sure it is our place to continue to police nations half-way across the World.

In the end, I feel like it all comes down to our support of Israel (big shocker there), but Israel has their own military. Let them handle the problem if they feel Syria's actions are a threat to their security. I don't buy the notion that a chemical attack in the Middle East is a threat to our National security.
    Last paragraph was good, thoughtful. You're obviously an intelligent guy. Please don't take the word of a kid killer. Research it yourself, lest you be mislead by a scumbag like Obama.

This is Abdulrahman, one of the kids Obama dropped a (targeted) Hellfire missile on.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    That's the tweet of Congresman Justin Amash
    https://twitter.com/repjustinamash

So no, not exactly.

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

the point is that there should a declaration of War from congress.. The president isnt supposed to be able to commit forces to military action without a declaration of war..

the congressman is purposely missing the point..

The Constitution also gives Congress an important role in national defense, including the exclusive power to declare war, to raise and maintain the armed forces, and to make rules for the military.[4] Some critics charge that the executive branch has usurped Congress's Constitutionally-defined task of declaring war.[5] While historically presidents initiated the process for going to war, they asked for and received formal war declarations from Congress for the War of 1812, the Mexican–American War, the Spanish–American War, World War I, and World War II,[6] although President Theodore Roosevelt's military move into Panama in 1903 did not get Congressional assent.[6] Presidents have initiated war without Congressional war declarations for the Korean War, the Vietnam War,[6] and described these conflicts as "police actions".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_...tates_Congress

president isnt supposed to have the powers that he does and it makes it easy for the US to commit to so many conflicts..

Having uramium or plutonium doesn't get you an Nuclear Intercontinental Ballsitic Missile.

It's the delivery method of this chemical attack among other evidence that points back to the regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution

the point is that there should a declaration of War from congress.. The president isnt supposed to be able to commit forces to military action without a declaration of war..

the congressman is purposely missing the point..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_...tates_Congress

president isnt supposed to have the powers that he does and it makes it easy for the US to commit to so many conflicts..
    what if a president becomes mentally ill / crazy, and orders military actions ? ......then what, who can draw the line and say "this is not right" and overrule the president ?.............i belive there has been sick presidents in the past

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    what if a president becomes mentally ill / crazy, and orders military actions ? ......then what, who can draw the line and say "this is not right" and overrule the president ?.............i belive there has been sick presidents in the past
    He is supposed to get these actions approved by congress within 48 hrs of his actions, but they act like it's just a formality. the point is that the congress is supposed to declare war, not the president. The Congress and the executive branch have created this way of getting around the constitution and having wars without actually declaring war..

All of it is unconstitutional.. Congress should take their power back and take responsibility for military action... It would curb all the conflicts we get into

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    The 25th Amendment gives the Cabinet power to remove a president against his will by a majority vote. They have to prove that he is unable to discharge his duties.