Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    You've just opened Pandora's box.
    I know ;)

Local High School Star

Will the Hawks make it far in the post season this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    10 best coaches in basketball history ? What was the best team you ever seen and what team do you think had a bigest chanace of beating them ?
    I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, but off the top of my head. This is no particular order since it's hard to compare coaches of different eras:
    1. Phil Jackson
    2. Red Auerbach
    3. Gregg Popovich
    4. Pat Riley
    5. Larry Brown
    6. Chuck Daly
    7. John Wooden
    8. Adolph Rupp
    9. Mike Krzyzewski
    10. Dean Smith

Best team I've ever seen?
    The Bulls of the mid 90s, probably the 96 Bulls. They were even better than their 72-10 record and the defense they played was absolutely stifling.

What team do I think had the best chance of beating them?
    Maybe the Utah Jazz. Stockton and Malone, despite never beating the Bulls in a series, were always a tough matchup for the Bulls.

How important is deng to the bulls

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Since I made a thread about it...

1. Who is the best scorer in the league? List top 5 if you want or don't mind.
    2. How do you determine who the best scorer in the league is?
    3. How much does versatility play a part in your decision on who the best scorer in the league is?

I just want to add something before you guys answer. I don't think it is as simple as looking at superior ppg, TS%, eFG%, FG, etc. If that were the case than Michael Jordan in the late 80s was a better scorer than Michael Jordan was in the early 90s and anyone who has followed his career or know anything about MJ really would know that's not the truth. I'm not just talking about the minutes either because if we were to adjust it per minute or per 36 minute, his late 80s scoring stats were better than his early 90s ones.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Best scorers in the league?
    1. Kevin Durant
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Carmelo Anthony
    4. Lebron James
    5. Dirk Nowitzki

How do I define it?
    1. Points scored
    2. Efficiency
    3. Does the scoring translate to wins?
    4. Offensive arsenal and versatility

How much does versatility play a part?
    It's important if the defense takes one part of your game away, but I'll take the guy that can score 30 a game on a purely jump shots over a guy with a complete offensive game that scores 20 a game on similar efficiency anytime.

How many 3 pointers have you hit in a row?

Klay Thompson. How good do you think he is and can be in the future? While I still like big Vucevic I'll throw this at you. Jrue Holiday-Klay Thompson-Evan Turner. Could that trio compliment each other well? I'm under the impression Klay is a really solid shooter (upgrade to what Meeks is). So he doesnt need the ball in his hands. He can move without it, spot up. Correct me if I'm wrong, the couple times I seen him play he looked like a shooter. Not sour on Big Vucevic by any means, just throwing Klay into a fun scenerio had he been a Sixer (traded Iggy for maybe a big).

Demarcus Cousins...I dont like his attitude/body language in games. Just looks like a talented dbag. So I cant give an honest take on his game. Had the Sixers taken him over Turner would it have worked? No disrespect to Turner but you can find guys similar to him easier than a double double threat. Also can Cousins anchor a defense? Or do you need a complimentary PF that is excellant at help defense?

Last, who do you want the Sixers to take in the draft?

Also if the Sixers could pick any player in the draft (lets assume Drummond, MGK and others officially declare) outside of Anthony Davis. Who would you take.

How many rings will lebron have when its all said and done?. No need for long explanations on how things will unfold, just your hunch.

Who do you think has better potential, Nerlens Noel or Davis Unibrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    What do you think about the Melo trade in hindsight?
    Pretty good trade for the Knicks overall. NY needs a bonafide superstart and they got one in Melo. The Nuggets did really well to get a solid group of players for Melo and keep themselves competitive while getting younger. All in all, a pretty good trade for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    Will the Hawks make it far in the post season this season?
    First round loss.

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    How important is deng to the bulls
    Extremely. He's their 2nd or 3rd best player and a good 2 way player who can get his points in the flow of the offense - vital when you have a score first point guard.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Krstic is injured and wont play in F4 so do you still think CSKA will win Euroleague ? Name 5 most talented players at each position ( you can only name players born in 1992 and junger )

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    How many 3 pointers have you hit in a row?
    I'm not a great shooter...just shooting around 7-8, in a game maybe 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Klay Thompson. How good do you think he is and can be in the future? While I still like big Vucevic I'll throw this at you. Jrue Holiday-Klay Thompson-Evan Turner. Could that trio compliment each other well? I'm under the impression Klay is a really solid shooter (upgrade to what Meeks is). So he doesnt need the ball in his hands. He can move without it, spot up. Correct me if I'm wrong, the couple times I seen him play he looked like a shooter. Not sour on Big Vucevic by any means, just throwing Klay into a fun scenerio had he been a Sixer (traded Iggy for maybe a big).

Demarcus Cousins...I dont like his attitude/body language in games. Just looks like a talented dbag. So I cant give an honest take on his game. Had the Sixers taken him over Turner would it have worked? No disrespect to Turner but you can find guys similar to him easier than a double double threat. Also can Cousins anchor a defense? Or do you need a complimentary PF that is excellant at help defense?

Last, who do you want the Sixers to take in the draft?

Also if the Sixers could pick any player in the draft (lets assume Drummond, MGK and others officially declare) outside of Anthony Davis. Who would you take.
    Klay Thompson - has a great stroke and quick release as well as great size for either wing spot. I think he could be a better version of Kevin Martin with more versatility but not as adept at getting to the foul line. I think Jrue, Klay, and ET could work IF Turner can consistently play at the level he's shown. Thompson would be a an awesome option to space the floor and keep defenses honest. Not only is he a great 3 point shooter, he can also take smaller guys in the post and hit turnaround Js, dribble pullups, and take it to the rim at times.

I've been big on Cousins since I first saw him play in the high school all star circuit and think despite his attitude, he can still be a top notch player. I love ET, but I was hoping we'd roll the dice on Cousins. There isn't anything he can't do on the offensive end and he's pretty solid on the defensive end as well. I think he can be a legit franchise player. Anchoring a defense? Absolutely not. He can take charges and occasionally block some shots but he doesn't have the KG/Tyson Chandler mentality needed to anchor a defense but that's ok because you can pair him with a defensive PF who are much easier to find.

Hmm....our draft range is probably going to be 16-18 so if Arnett Moultrie is available I'd love to draft him. If there's no other quality bigs I'd definitely give Ross, Wroten, and Lamb a hard look.

Anyone in the draft outside of Davis? MKG for me. He might have a limited ceiling but he's a proven winner, has a never ending motor, is a monster in transition and in 5 years we'll be calling Andre Iguodala and Gerald Wallace a poor man's Gilchrist.

Was game one of the 2001 NBA finals Allen Iverson's best game ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    How many rings will lebron have when its all said and done?. No need for long explanations on how things will unfold, just your hunch.
    I think he'll have 3 rings by the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Was game one of the 2001 NBA finals Allen Iverson's best game ever?
    I thought it was his most memorable game ever, but as far as best game, I'd go with game 7 against the Bucks to take the Sixers to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Name 5 most talented players at each position ( you can only name players born in 1992 and junger )
    I'm just going to list the top 10 overall:
    Anthony Davis
    Kyrie Irving
    Andrew Wiggins
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Shabazz Mohammed
    Jabari Parker
    Julius Randle
    Enes Kanter
    Cody Zeller
    Dario Saric

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Who do you think has better potential, Nerlens Noel or Davis Unibrow ?
    Davis by far. I haven't been all that impressed with what I've seen with Noel so far, Davis was further along at his age.

Do you think it was bad coaching by the Pacers or was Miami just that good to have beat them last year? I wanna say it's bad coaching by the Pacers.