Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Andre Miller suspended one game for pushing Blake Griffen

LOL at posters suggesting Griffin was boxing out.
    They were little heap pushes he got away with, and are often called fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    LOL at posters suggesting Griffin was boxing out.
    They were little heap pushes he got away with, and are often called fouls.

I'm pretty sure this dude haven't played any single basketball game on his entire life or he's one of the softy bench player that only play during the garbage time that's why he doesn't have any experienced of being boxed out down low.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Why are these hard fouls talked up so much? Every time I read a thread about a hard foul I'm always expecting to see much worse than what actually happened.

It definitely deserved a call, and it's ridiculous that they missed it. But, that was not near as bad as some of you make it out to be.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

What is with people thinking that a push in the back is boxing out? Where the hell did you guys learn basketball?

Anyway, I'm not mad a Griffin at all for his pushes on Andre. They were fouls, but nothing that seemed malicious. The only frustrating part there is that the refs missed these fouls, but I can't hate on Griffin for that. Then, Andre lost his f*cking head with a calculated body check. It's cool that Andre wants to stick up for himself, but he crossed a line and deserves his suspension. The crazy thing is that the refs didn't even see his attack on Griffin. In a minutes time, the refs missed 3 really obvious fouls on both teams, and that to me is the real ridiculousness of this situation.

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

Both pushes by Blake were dirty plays and fouls..

Miller was right to push him down

If Miller didnt get a running start blake would barely budge

Banned

blake made dirty plays? wtf? he was fighting for position inside.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    What is with people thinking that a push in the back is boxing out? Where the hell did you guys learn basketball?

Anyway, I'm not mad a Griffin at all for his pushes on Andre. They were fouls, but nothing that seemed malicious. The only frustrating part there is that the refs missed these fouls, but I can't hate on Griffin for that. Then, Andre lost his f*cking head with a calculated body check. It's cool that Andre wants to stick up for himself, but he crossed a line and deserves his suspension. The crazy thing is that the refs didn't even see his attack on Griffin. In a minutes time, the refs missed 3 really obvious fouls on both teams, and that to me is the real ridiculousness of this situation.
    That game had the worst officiating ever.

I'm bringing to hate this league more and more, it's still tolerable to watch, but god. Good play by Miller establishing nto to get pushed around. We can't play in a tough league anymore. Tap a finger tip, get a foul. Hit all ball, get a foul.

Just looked like physical play to me. Griffin can handle himself against Miller, he's a big boy.

Suspension?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Just looked like physical play to me. Griffin can handle himself against Miller, he's a big boy.

Suspension?
    its not about whether or not blake can take it. im pretty sure pryzbilla can take a little shove from brian cook. it was a violent shove because miller was upset, the ball wasn't involved.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sacredcow
    Now how does that send a message to respect your elders?
    A cheap shot from behind, as stated by the previous poster, is NOT a way to earn respect. If anything, it shows fear..

If you want to fight, do it to someone's face. Not behind their back

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    its not about whether or not blake can take it. im pretty sure pryzbilla can take a little shove from brian cook. it was a violent shove because miller was upset, the ball wasn't involved.

It was a cheap shot. And a foul. Maybe even a flagrant 1 because it was a non-basketball play... but a game suspension? Nah.

Value Ape.

Funny how often they catch the retaliation and not the original instigating.

Millers foul reminds me of Fishers VS Luis Scola... sort of cheap and over the top, but also understandable and maybe the right thing to do.

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    It was a cheap shot. And a foul. Maybe even a flagrant 1 because it was a non-basketball play... but a game suspension? Nah.
    Well, it was harmful intent.. He even said so in the post game interviews. He said he wanted to hit him even harder.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Okay, Andre Miller, cool. Just know that next time you try that (against a guy who will retaliate, unlike Blake Griffin), or if you try that in real life, you'll get DECKED you pansy.
    Pansy, huh?

Andre Miller may be quiet but he grew up in the 'hood, unlike Blake Griffin, who was always protected by his middle class parents.

Everybody should read this story on Miller:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/magazi...o23miller.html

We hit the dip on 108th that Ice Cube warned about and keep mashin'. Double-back on 109th -- one of the five or six places in Watts and South Central he's called home -- and a Crip recklessly zooms by us on a bombed-out scooter. Miller pulls over in front of the Ernest Killum 109th Street Recreation Center. There's a small jungle gym next to a halfcourt concrete slab.

"This is where I learned to play ball," says Miller. It's where he discovered how to use his shoulder to knock defenders off balance in the lane. Where he found he could control a game without shooting. And where he learned to be tough. The locals play a special brand of 21: The player with the fewest points at the end of the game gets kicked in the tail.
    Last edited by ZOMG; 12-07-2010 at 03:52 AM.