Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    What the hell?

What part of European scrubs/role players did you not grasp?

3rd to 4th best player on an NBA team?

Wow..............amazing going from like the 10th best on a team in Europe.

You do realize that I can bring up many more examples right?
    I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.

Banned

Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

I understand that Parker started the last 5 years in the NBA. Because unlike you, I have actually seen NBA games.
    Not bad, but i believe you can do a better job than that.

Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Did Anthony Parker won 2 MVPs and 2 NBA titles.
    Did Jonas Jerebko (role player on something like a top 300 European club) start in the NBA?

Good college starter

And NBA veterans getting cut in Europe........guys in their prime, rotation players.

Invent a made up excuse if you can.
    what was VSpan doing when he was 19.

Sorry what did you do on your prime is

what's important.

Anthony Parker never had a prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    what happened to the GOAT Vspan in the NBA?
    What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?

Are you trying to claim that Casspi was more important in Euroleague than he is in the NBA?
    Nvm. Waste of logic. You still haven't answered why you call a non starter a starter. That's all.
    Last edited by Dave3; 11-10-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.
    Are you retarded?

Seriously?

Dunking on everybody in the park

What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?
    Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.

what's important.

Kirilenko has a prime and he manages to get 13/9 in Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.
    And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.

what's important.

oh yes he did
    When he played for those Maccabi teams that is

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Are you retarded?

Seriously?
    what pleasure do you get from trolling the shit out of a forum? if you don't like the NBA/Americans, leave the NBA/predominantly American forum, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.
    Oh you mean like those fringe American NBA players in Europe that the whole forum calls "Euroleague superstars"?

And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.
    You're right. None of those stats are real, nor are the number of teams in the leagues. I'm just a liar.

So, why do you call Casspi a starter when he doesn't usually start?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.
    Linas Kleiza went over there and led the league in scoring.

And he never even been the top scorer in his own team.

They call these Alphonso Ford scrub award

Euroleague lost another credibility.