Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #16
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How long does it take to learn how to drive?

i just jumped in the car and hit the road its not something u can learn u have to experienec it im doing my test in april
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

I have no permit b/c I don't have the money at this moment in time. The physical & $50 check I have to give to the state for the permit is above my spending amount for the time being.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
Depends if you talking about learning to drive stick or auto? If it's auto then it is so simple, only thing you gotta get past is the nervousness of going out on the road the 1st time, after a while it actually gets boring specially if you spend most of the time driving to and from work...
Yeah the first time I got behind the wheel I was terrified to drive into traffic. I did that the next day though and I was solid in less than a week. You won't be a good driver for month or 2 though, and obviously the more you drive the more you improve. Driving auto is cake, and Manual you just gota get the hang of it then it becomes second nature.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #19
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

I actually just got my license on Tuesday ( I'm 17 ). And it probably took me about 10 hours of training to learn HOW to drive, but probably about 6 months to get good enough to pass the test and learn how to manage on the roads by yourself.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol im freeballin my test
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #21
Big Al All day

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer
lol im freeballin my test

yeah that's what I basically did. I did everything fine, but skipped the parallel parking because I had never even tried it. But you gotta make sure you stop all the way at stop signs, and I mean all the way because they are really critical about that. (at least my guy was.)
Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al All day
I actually just got my license on Tuesday ( I'm 17 ). And it probably took me about 10 hours of training to learn HOW to drive, but probably about 6 months to get good enough to pass the test and learn how to manage on the roads by yourself.

Six months? Are you a woman and/or Asian? I had it down in less than a day.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:23 AM   #23
Big Al All day

Nah i'm a full blooded chzech/german decent peachy creamy white male. I guess i meant to be good enough to pass the test. I don't think i could have passed it in 3 months. And in MN you have to have your permit for 6 months anyways so its hard to say.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #24
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To learn to drive with auto shouldn't take more than 6 hours.
To get the hang of driving (getting rid of nervousness), expereincing all kinds of roads (different speed limits) will take a little longer. I think it's safe to say at most 3 days for main streets, and then at most 2 days for freeways. Not sure how much hours you want to invest, but this is how I usually think of it.

Maybe another couple of hours dedicated to parking. Parallel parking can be a b*tch.

I haven't driven for a couple of years now....so I probably went back to my old state as if I never drove.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:49 AM   #25
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Successfully driving a strick flawlessly for the first time is a pretty cool feeling. My old F-150 was a stick shift and I really did love that truck, even if it was a complete POS. I basically learned how to drive stick one day when I asked my mom if it was difficult, and she said "Why don't you find out?"

Definitely begin on an auto though. Way, way fewer things that can go wrong. I did take driving lessons but they were a waste of time because I knew more or less everything they teach you for your test. I still haven't parallel parked since my test (going on six years ago now).
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: