Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: African Slaves were sold by other Africans, not "stolen" by whites

Well, people always like to push the blame on somebody else. I'm sure the average American doesn't really know that Africans were selling out and hunting their own brothers.

it was both I think...or at least I was under the impression that they wre both abducted or stolen in some situations and in other situations they were bought/sold by other africans...

I thought everyone knew this already...? Doesn't change the fact that now a country like the US likes to police the rest of the world when they have perhaps the bloodiest history of all. On a moral scale it's gotta suck being white knowing your people's entire culture is rooted around thievery and slavery. If you're white it's almost your fate to try and devalue and take from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
    I thought everyone knew this already...? Doesn't change the fact that now a country like the US likes to police the rest of the world when they have perhaps the bloodiest history of all. On a moral scale it's gotta suck being white knowing your people's entire culture is rooted around thievery and slavery.
    oh yeah, I can't stand being white...

and the US is the only country to ever have slaves...

f*ck off...

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-

f*ck off...
    They were the last to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-

f*ck off...
    No, the US wasn't, I know that...but it is the capital of hypocrisy.

And I don't mean to make being white seem like a bad thing, it's just when you open up a history book...sheesh, it's like no wonder they didn't find time to develop any other cultural values, they're too busy stripping everyone else of theirs. I know every ethnicity has some bad history, but one stands out as being the most unfortunately. It's odd saying "unfortunate" while thinking of "white" people since they are the dominant people on this planet, but from a moral perspective, beyond their capital, you really have to wonder how they can forgive themselves/ancestors.

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    Slaves still exist to this day.

Banned

You wont get banned as long as Jews aren't involved.
    what troll is this troll?

Banned

Slaves still exist moron

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk
    No, the US wasn't, I know that...but it is the capital of hypocrisy.

And I don't mean to make being white seem like a bad thing, it's just when you open up a history book...sheesh, it's like no wonder they didn't find time to develop any other cultural values, they're too busy stripping everyone else of theirs. I know every ethnicity has some bad history, but one stands out as being the most unfortunately. It's odd saying "unfortunate" while thinking of "white" people since they are the dominant people on this planet, but from a moral perspective, beyond their capital, you really have to wonder how they can forgive themselves/ancestors.

so because slavery existed in America's past we should condone other countries who practice it so they can "work it out themselves?"

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

What I don't get, is why all of these years later, slavery is still a grudge.

My grandmother and her brother were slaves. White slaves. She passed away a few years ago, but we all knew the stories.

It just makes more sense to move on and build a better society.

Banned

Irish were slaves on tobacco plantations in Barbados for hundreds of years but you don't hear Irish people still bitching about it-and in reality I have never heard a black person complain about slavery either except in a joking matter-its only on the internet where I have run into reparations idiots

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I HATE THE US!!!!

*Drinks Pepsi*

*Plays Call of Duty*

*Watches Toy Story 3*

*Raves about skateboarding*

*Watches the NBA*

yup. i find it ironic that kim jung il hates the USA and the rest of the West but is absolutely infatuated with hollywood movies, drinking cognac, and european luxury cars.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    so because slavery existed in America's past we should condone other countries who practice it so they can "work it out themselves?"
    Not sure how you can get that idea from what I put. I'm simply pointing out we go about those disputes while acting as if the USA would never go to such lengths, when this whole thing was founded on the very things we shake our finger at other countries for.

And the people that say "get over slavery" obviously have no real sense of it's long term effects. Using the Irish as an example of why people should get over slavery is laughable when the whole issue is more about skin tone (ethnicity) than it ever was about nationality. If you're Irish, you're white.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniloGallinari
    Slaves still exist to this day.
    I'm pretty sure the US was the last or one of the last former North American colonies to abolish slavery. Brazil might have been the last.

Obviously I'm not talking worldwide. Reading the OP would tell you that I wasnt.