Default Donald Sterling cloud hovers over Clippers

Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin says he doesn't anticipate Donald Sterling being the owner of the team at the start of next season but concedes he would have to make a decision on his future with the Clippers if new ownership were not in place.

"I don't anticipate that being how it's going to be," Griffin said when asked if he could continue to play for the team if Sterling were owner at the start of next season. "If it still is, I'll make a decision then. It's not something that's ideal. Personally, I don't know all the ins and outs of everything. I hear stuff just like everybody else does but I don't know what's really true or not. It's up to [the league], but I don't think that's an ideal situation for us, to start next season with that still going on."

-- ESPN LA

Default Re: Donald Sterling cloud hovers over Clippers

Donald Sterling's lawyer has written the NBA stating the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers does not intend to pay the $2.5 million fine imposed by the league for racist comments, a person with knowledge of the letter's contents said.

Sports Illustrated first reported the letter from Maxwell Blecher. The contents were confirmed by the person who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Blecher, a prominent antitrust attorney, acknowledged sending a letter but would not discuss its contents Friday.

-- AP