Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 AM   #181
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

ROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Arkwardest/Embarrasing moments that ever happened to you?

Ok I have one too good not to share but fortunately, it didn't happen to me. Granted, this is still a factual moment in history.

Around five years ago, I used to live in an apartment with my two best friends. Three pretty good looking guys who were very popular around a small city in Pennsylvania, we were always having parties and having girls around to chill, it was our routine lifestyle.

My friend was dating a girl who had a big fat brother who uncannily resembled a young version of

who came around and stayed at the apartment pretty often.

There was a period where we would hang out a lot with our downstairs neighbors, to the point we knew them pretty well; one really attractive girl with a great body and a couple mildly attractive chicks that still would have been a pipe dream for the fat brother to be with sexually.

Anyway, there came a day where a venture to Hershey Park was in order so the girls downstairs went along and it happened to be a very busy, hot day at the lovely chocolate family theme park with lots of patrons, long lines, etc.

At the water ride section, there was a line for one of those rides where you get on your own inner tube or whatever and ride down the streaming pipelines of plastic pandemonium to a larger portion at the bottom with a big pool to gather yourself and exit where the eager riders await.

This big obese brother, who was very nice and yearned for our friendship badly presumably due to having substantial self-esteem issues from being so fat, boards the ride and hauls ass on his personal inner tube down this fun aqua apparatus made for adrenal thrills and the escapement of a hot day. However, little did he know that this merger of physics and recreation may change him forever.

At the bottom of the slide, he wipes out hard after losing stability on the plastic instrument of his possible self-destruction. In the process, he loses his swim trunks ( have no idea how this happened) and finally is at rest at the bottom pool portion of the ride's conclusion. Only it gets worse from there...

Being a large large boy who was possibly injured (if he was, it was never known to us, most likely not), or just incapable of getting up due to his stature, in a shallow wading pool, he had to be assisted by the Park Services so that he could be removed from the ride. By this time, the momentum of people that make up the machine of a long amusement park attraction had halted dead due to the immobile man at the end of the ride.

Not only did he need employees to assist him out of the pool, THEY HAD TO DRAIN THE WATER OUT AND RETURN HIS TRUNKS TO HIM WHILE HE WAITED ASS CHEEKS OUT so that they could help him leave, and refill it before the ride could be back in working order. All the while with some guys he desperately wanted to be good friends with a the assortment of girls who were friendly with him that lived downstairs.

He did not say a word on the long ride home. I would not be surprised if he has PSTD from this ill fated slide excursion.

Last edited by ROCSteady : 12-07-2015 at 09:37 AM.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:59 AM   #182
LilKateMoss
Thread abuser

LilKateMoss has an OK reputation so farLilKateMoss has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Ok I have one too good not to share but fortunately, it didn't happen to me. Granted, this is still a factual moment in history.

Around five years ago, I used to live in an apartment with my two best friends. Three pretty good looking guys who were very popular around a small city in Pennsylvania, we were always having parties and having girls around to chill, it was our routine lifestyle.

My friend was dating a girl who had a big fat brother who uncannily resembled a young version of

who came around and stayed at the apartment pretty often.

There was a period where we would hang out a lot with our downstairs neighbors, to the point we knew them pretty well; one really attractive girl with a great body and a couple mildly attractive chicks that still would have been a pipe dream for the fat brother to be with sexually.

Anyway, there came a day where a venture to Hershey Park was in order so the girls downstairs went along and it happened to be a very busy, hot day at the lovely chocolate family theme park with lots of patrons, long lines, etc.

At the water ride section, there was a line for one of those rides where you get on your own inner tube or whatever and ride down the streaming pipelines of plastic pandemonium to a larger portion at the bottom with a big pool to gather yourself and exit where the eager riders await.

This big obese brother, who was very nice and yearned for our friendship badly presumably due to having substantial self-esteem issues from being so fat, boards the ride and hauls ass on his personal inner tube down this fun aqua apparatus made for adrenal thrills and the escapement of a hot day. However, little did he know that this merger of physics and recreation may change him forever.

At the bottom of the slide, he wipes out hard after losing stability on the plastic instrument of his possible self-destruction. In the process, he loses his swim trunks ( have no idea how this happened) and finally is at rest at the bottom pool portion of the ride's conclusion. Only it gets worse from there...

Being a large large boy who was possibly injured (if he was, it was never known to us, most likely not), or just incapable of getting up due to his stature, in a shallow wading pool, he had to be assisted by the Park Services so that he could be removed from the ride. By this time, the momentum of people that make up the machine of a long amusement park attraction had halted dead due to the immobile man at the end of the ride.

Not only did he need employees to assist him out of the pool, THEY HAD TO DRAIN THE WATER OUT AND RETURN HIS TRUNKS TO HIM WHILE HE WAITED ASS CHEEKS OUT so that they could help him leave, and refill it before the ride could be back in working order. All the while with some guys he desperately wanted to be good friends with a the assortment of girls who were friendly with him that lived downstairs.

He did not say a word on the long ride home. I would not be surprised if he has PSTD from this ill fated slide excursion.
You tried too hard to make it funny and failed miserably.
LilKateMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #183
ROCSteady
R E D S K I N S

ROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation hereROCSteady has a near all-star reputation here

It's still true. I couldn't help but tell this story the way I did because it seems so surreal.

Like a game changer in the destiny of this poor guy
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #184
knickballer
NBA All-star

knickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputationknickballer has a terrific reputation

Middle school pep rally. Me and my brother were on the same team and we both have foreign sounding names. So ofc the dumbass coach when he announces every player to run through the field in front of the school calls us both together in the same line so we both have to run together. N1gga did that shit on purpose too to get a lol but whatever I think the dude got caught selling steroids to students so idgaf

Another time in high school we where all in the auditorium for some type of presentation. So I'm sitting in one of the isle seats and when some hot chick walks by I'm trying to act cool n all and I spill the can of coke on my shirt like a moron lol
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #185
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Rake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLBzsRlGQQ

Is this your team with the white jerseys? Are you aware that this video is wildly popular on social media?
Yep, don't even have to click the link, that's us, haha.

I actually found that clip on one of my old VHS tapes about a year ago and it was so atrocious that I uploaded it to my NBA YouTube account because I didn't think enough people would see it on Rake2204 (though I uploaded it there too recently).

Anyhow, uploaded it a year ago and even then, it only accumulated about 900 views in 12 months. But I guess the right person finally saw it. I think it was The Basketball Network or something; began popping up on Facebook about a month ago and suddenly it's been viewed like 20 million times. The bummer, of course, is that all those views don't go to me and my NBA account isn't monetized anyway :-\

I've had a good time reading all the comments though.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #186
Bosnian Sajo
John's my bitch

Bosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputation

You can monetize specific videos, I have a youtube account with over 500k views and although half of that comes from a Rasheed Wallace video (can't monetize), I was still able to monitize other videos that I had. 20m views...if you get $2 per 1000 views that's 40k right there man. That's the average rate, although you might get lower since the rest of your videos don't have that many views.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #187
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Rake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRake2204 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
You can monetize specific videos, I have a youtube account with over 500k views and although half of that comes from a Rasheed Wallace video (can't monetize), I was still able to monitize other videos that I had. 20m views...if you get $2 per 1000 views that's 40k right there man. That's the average rate, although you might get lower since the rest of your videos don't have that many views.
Thanks, man. I monetized my Rake channel a while ago and it seemed to monetize all my videos automatically. I have this weird fear about flipping the switch for my NBA channel, in case one accidentally gets monetized that I didn't want to be, catching the NBA's attention and resulting in them shutting my channel down - would be a lot of man-hours down the drain. I was wondering about the "monetize one at a time" thing, so again, I appreciate the input.

Either way, unfortunately, the 20 million views all went to third parties. People downloaded my video and uploaded it on their own Facebook site. Not sure there's a ton I can do about that one :-\ The original is sitting at a touch over 20,000.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #188
ace23

ace23 has a very bad reputationace23 has a very bad reputationace23 has a very bad reputationace23 has a very bad reputationace23 has a very bad reputationace23 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Thanks, man. I monetized my Rake channel a while ago and it seemed to monetize all my videos automatically. I have this weird fear about flipping the switch for my NBA channel, in case one accidentally gets monetized that I didn't want to be, catching the NBA's attention and resulting in them shutting my channel down - would be a lot of man-hours down the drain. I was wondering about the "monetize one at a time" thing, so again, I appreciate the input.

Either way, unfortunately, the 20 million views all went to third parties. People downloaded my video and uploaded it on their own Facebook site. Not sure there's a ton I can do about that one :-\ The original is sitting at a touch over 20,000.
Tbh you should seriously look into some kind of compensation from whoever stole and uploaded your video. 20 mil is a lot of views...
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #189
Bosnian Sajo
John's my bitch

Bosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputationBosnian Sajo has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204

Your NBA videos are automatically locked, no biggie they won't shut your channel or even delete said videos, but you can't make money off of them. Your own however, you can. And I would most definitely look into this shit, be it with youtube, lawyer, or 3rd party person directly, and get your money. After all, you uploaded the original, it is your video. And like I said, 20m views = a nice amount of money.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #190
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Your NBA videos are automatically locked, no biggie they won't shut your channel or even delete said videos, but you can't make money off of them. Your own however, you can. And I would most definitely look into this shit, be it with youtube, lawyer, or 3rd party person directly, and get your money. After all, you uploaded the original, it is your video. And like I said, 20m views = a nice amount of money.
Thanks, man. I sort of resigned myself to not being able to do a whole lot retrospectively. Before it went viral I'd already read a few articles about how this has happened to a lot of people, where people "freeboot" YouTube videos to Facebook as their own, with owners of original content not left with much they can do in response beyond flagging it. Apparently it's a big time issue, especially for folks who curate content on a regular basis. http://www.businessinsider.com/how-f...-viral-2015-11

And I mean, I guess in a way, if the original guys didn't steal it and put it on Facebook, it may have never gone viral to begin with so, I don't know. I thought about this angle too though: I didn't film the game myself - it was a copy of the filmmaker's tape from a game I played in, so I wonder if that wouldn't even make me the owner or something.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:17 PM   #191
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

Anyway, back on track. Not sure if this one's going to translate but...

My little brother's team had a new varsity basketball coach a few years ago, named Coach Fortescue (pronounced Ford-askew). Young bro is a little quiet and shy, especially around adults he doesn't know.

Anyhow, at the first open gym under his tenure, Coach Fortescue was walking around and introducing himself to all the players. Caught my brother off guard and things went weird fast.

Basically, the coach came by and said, "Hi, I'm Coach Fortescue." But my brother inexplicably heard it as, "Hi, I'm 42." So my bro panicked, trying to figure out what the hell the new guy was talking about. He decided it must be some kind of jersey number theme thing, so he shook the coach's hand and said...

"Hi, I'm 24."
Old 12-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #192
Velocirap31
Good college starter

Velocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this boardVelocirap31 is popular on this board

Thanks for the laugh Rake.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: