Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Bitch, please...

Duncan would not have done anywhere close to what Olajuwon did to DRob, in fact, Duncan has never outplayed a great center like Robinson, like Hakeem did.

Duncan is the same guy who even couldn't stop Young Amare..
    The Young Amare series. LoL GTFOH there was absolutely no defense player in those series' till the last minutes. Spurs beat the Suns at their own game.

Default Re: The Where Does Hakeem Rank Thread PROVES ISH Has Lowest Possible B-Ball Knowledge

How is Hakeem better than Wilt, Kareem, Shaq or even Russell?

His dominance on the league was never talked about like those 4 guys. Hell I even think Duncan may have a bigger claim to dominating the league over Hakeem. It honestly baffles me how anyone can come to the conclusion that Hakeem was the best center of all time. It just shows how little basketball history you've read up on, and how much of the game you've actually bothered to go study and watch.
    You can say that hes the best you've seen, or the best you know of, but even that I'd find a stretch seeing as if you've seen him, you've surely seen Shaq take over the league right after that. Shaq outplayed Hakeem over the course of their careers, winning more games against him than Hakeem did against Shaq, he put up better stats, and he put an even bigger beating on him in 99 than Hakeem did on him in the 95 finals. Hakeem may have been older, but he was still an 18/10 center at the time, and he got completely shut down by Shaq in the 99 series.

There really is no case for Hakeem over Shaq, Wilt, Kareem or Russell.

What Eurofag doesn't get is players are usually ranked cumulatively on an array of criteria. Everything from longevity, individual stats, team success, playoff performance, and rings is taken into account. For him to say Hakeem is over guys like Kareem, Bill Russell, Shaq etc and "it's not even ****ing close" is goddamn retarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    What the hell are you talking about? Shaq's "moves" were offensive fouls that the refs allowed him to do.

Yao Ming even lowered his shoulder one time and he would get a technical foul.

Bottom line, you are a stupid moron that falls for NBA fake reffing and marketing schemes.

Gosh ur so cute. How old are you? 5? 8?

Trust me kid Shaq was Fouled Much more then He fouled his opponents and thats no lie.

Dam I miss Yao but I thought we were discussing about Shaq?

Bottom line you ran out of material to give me a good objective on why Hakeem is better then Shaq, instead you came up with Refs and Yao Ming.

Your amazing

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Name another big with his all around play and dominance? Name another big that could defend on the ball , off the ball, and whose post game was as great as Hakeems'. Duncan has won titles with much more talent around him and so has Shaq..
    Do me a favor and don't post lies anymore.

2003 Champ Spurs - Rounding up
    Duncan - 25/15/5/3, 53%
    Tony - 15/3/4, 40%
    Stephen - 13/4/3, 41%
    Manu - 9/4/3, 39%
    Robinson - 8/7, 54%
    Malik Rose - 9/6, 42%

1994 Champ Rockets - Rounding up
    Hakeem - 29/11/4/4, 52%
    Maxwell - 14/4/4, 38%
    Horry - 12/6/4, 43%
    Thorpe - 11/9, 57%
    JET - 11/4, 46%
    Cassell - 9/4, 39%

Pretty even if you ask me. Duncan's team would probably be considered significantly worse if it wasn

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    G
    Bottom line you ran out of material to give me a good objective on why Hakeem is better then Shaq, instead you came up with Refs and Yao Ming.
    There are valid reasons someone can choose Hakeem over Shaq, just don't expect them from someone with the mental capacity of Euroleague.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    There are valid reasons someone can choose Hakeem over Shaq, just don't expect them from someone with the mental capacity of Euroleague.
    No doubt about it, Im one of the biggest fan of Hakeem and respect him as a Person but to me Shaq's Dominance can not be compare to any other player.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I have always known the level of basketball knowledge here was very low, and exceptionally, even shockingly low, when it comes to international basketball......

but that Hakeem rank thread has really opened my eyes.

Seeing how many people actually can claim Duncan and Shaq were better centers than Hakeem was.

It's sad to say it, but this forum even has a lower basketball knowledge than realgm, and that is almost impossible to even fathom. Nonetheless it's true.

Seriously.........Hakeem freaking Olajuwon was an unbelievable beast. The guy was the biggest freak ever played in NBA.

He was vastly superior to any players like Garnett, Duncan, Robinson and so forth. Dude was the best offensive player in the NBA and the best defensive player in the NBA, in both cases by miles.

He's clearly by far and away, I mean by a country mile and then some - the best center in the history of worldwide basketball. And it's not even freaking close.

Now, this isn't a guy that played a long time ago like Chamberlain or Russell, or even a guy that played in a more modern era but in Europe, like Sabonis or something.

There is no excuse for this level of insane and ludicrous ridiculousness as what is in that thread. A lot of people barely ranking Hakeem even in a top 10 list..................

The guy played in NBA, and his prime was just in the 90s, in the same exact freaking time Jordan's prime was. Now, how can this same forum, and the same freaking people, all seem to know every minute detail about Jordan, and yet not know one freaking thing about Olajuwon?

It is absolute proof that none of these fools ever saw a damn one of these guys playing and just lie about it. Not just did they not see Bird or Magic or whatever, it's that they didn't even see Jordan or Olajuwon play.

Anyone that would ever have seen prime Olajuwon playing and that would dare even to compare guys like Duncan, Robinson, Shaq or whatever to him would be truly insane or high on drugs.

To anyone that saw this guy play, you are such an unbelievable ****ing JOKE to even compare Hakeem to these players.

The only ****ing guy that ever even dared **** with Jordan in the last 20 years is Hakeem. PERIOD.

I see all these ****ing dumb asses saying LeBron James is better than Hakeem?

This site is a god damn embarrassment and JOKE. LeBron is not even ****ing in the conversation with prime Hakeem.

Just let it be known, 90% of the people here are total clowns and posers and completely full of shit. Not only do they not know a god damn thing about international basketball - the truth is they don't know a god damn thing about the NBA either.

Troll who tries to provoke you

ISH'ers IQ level is pretty low.

Things that ISHers dont understand EVER!:

Hakeem 2 straight FMVPs are >> Kobe 2 FMVPs. Hakeem beat 1994 favorites finalist NYK & arch nemisis Ewing, a complete & all-time great Center in 7 games to win FMVP.

1995 Hakeem beat Shaq, an all-time great & Top 10 GOAT arch nemisis at center position. He actually dominated Shaq in 1995.

Hakeem had the single best NBA season in NBA history beating Oscar, Kareem, Michael Jordan etc etc when he SWEPT 1994 season's Season MVP, DPOY, FMVP (vs Ewing).

& yet. A 2008 consolation MVP winner who has never had CLEAR DOMINATION is rated higher than Hakeem, a face of his franchise because he played for LAL.

National High School Star

I'm sorry but Hakeem is severely overrated on the net. Did people actually follow him while he was in the league or are they basing it on youtube highlights of the dream shake. He's failed his team on many occasions, and looked like a lamb in important games. Yes he may be more skilled than shaq, but he's not better. Same as Carmelo may be more skilled than LeBron but he's definitely not better.

Banned

I have a question for fans who watched the NBA during the mid-80's to early 90's (~ '85-'93). Why was Hakeem's career at that point, 9 seasons into the league, not recognized by the media as much as guys like Drexler and Ewing? NEither of those guys won a championship but it seems like those guys were more recognized than he was before the 1994 season.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with being overshadowed by Bird, Magic, Jordan, Zeke and the Bad Boy Pistons but Drexler and Ewing?

Hakeem did get beat in the 1st Round 5 times during his first 9 seasons but he also made it to the '86 Finals. That should have evened out his 1st Round woes.
    Last edited by DMV2; 02-24-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Hakeem's legacy just took a serious hit... f*ck you Euroleague, stick to backing up Euroscrubs

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    ISH'ers IQ level is pretty low.

Things that ISHers dont understand EVER!:

Hakeem 2 straight FMVPs are >> Kobe 2 FMVPs. Hakeem beat 1994 favorites finalist NYK & arch nemisis Ewing, a complete & all-time great Center in 7 games to win FMVP.

1995 Hakeem beat Shaq, an all-time great & Top 10 GOAT arch nemisis at center position. He actually dominated Shaq in 1995.

Hakeem had the single best NBA season in NBA history beating Oscar, Kareem, Michael Jordan etc etc when he SWEPT 1994 season's Season MVP, DPOY, FMVP (vs Ewing).

& yet. A 2008 consolation MVP winner who has never had CLEAR DOMINATION is rated higher than Hakeem, a face of his franchise because he played for LAL.

but the fact is hakeem wasnt able to get his ring when mj was around ...

but i agree hakeem would murder any center not named shaq and duncan...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    This is a perfect example of why you're a joke. Shaq had a nice skill set which included a very consistent jump hook, which he used the glass well on when he was at the angle and from '98 on or so, was pretty consistent with the short turnaround jumper over his right shoulder. That's all he needed with the dunks and lay ups he got due to his size. He could go over either shoulder from about 10 feet and in. And who is going to stop a 7'2", 340 pound man from getting 10 feet from the basket. In addition to that, he had very good footwork for a 7 footer and would regularly execute nice spin moves and drop steps.

Here's a sequence of Shaq in 3 consecutive trips down the floor where you can see how the short turnaround over his left shoulder(which was not his preferred shot) added to his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=6m30s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=7m10s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpljMcxhJ4#t=7m45s

You can also see intelligence on his part as he's aware of Kidd who was an excellent help defender and passes out and re-posts. Plus, on the last possession with Longley expecting the turnaround, he gives him a fake to get the easier shot.

Other than free throws, the only offensive skill Shaq didn't have was a true mid-range jump shot, and I wouldn't want a guy his size shooting 18 footers when he could get a higher percentage shot virtually every time.

As far as the offensive foul thing. Funny how people who dislike Shaq never mention the times Shaq was fouled and didn't get the call because of his strength. I've seen guys grab his arms and shoulders when he's gone up for dunks and he hasn't gotten the call. Plus, you act like Shaq's the only superstar who has ever gotten the benefit of the doubt. Most of them do, and there are far better examples of this than Shaq.

But I know you didn't watch these guys play. You don't exactly have to be old to have watched any of their primes, particularly Shaq and Duncan, but I suspect you're a teenager who thought it'd be funny to create a gimmick which props the Euroleague up to an unrealistic level just to get a rise out of people. That's virtually the only role I suspect basketball plays in your life.

You are a troll.

That we have you here automatically drags the collective IQ down to untenable levels.