Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fir

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    i honestly think that they'll give rasheed to the cavs for like joe smith, sasha pavlovic and big Z.
    Joe Smith played in Detroit once and didn't work out for squat

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fir

Changes of some sort will have to take place.

I doubt Flip gets fired. With a injured Rip and a 70% Billups, this was not a Pistons team at max power. I figure Flip will get 1 more year, which he should get.

For the Pistons to cut him loose would be silly.
    Flip Saunders has to be gone

[QUOTE=Sonic R]Changes of some sort will have to take place.

Flip Saunders has to be gone

Bill D s not a tightwad owner, but he is not that fond of the luxury tax, so there is a definite balance. He can't be that tightwad, he must have been paying Ricky C, LB, and Flip all in Flip's first year cos of early termination.

Why the hell would Rasheed get kicked out of Mo Town? What'd he do wrong?

Flip is the one who needs to go...all these consecutive ECF appearances and no progression? The Pistons are wallowing in mediocrity under Flip and if they don't get rid of him soon, Dumars might just dismantle the team and start over sooner then you think.

If Flip gets fired, I can see him landing either in Phoenix (perfect fit for that veteran team) or in Atlanta.

I like the second destination better!

why live??

Default Re: I blame Detroit's loss solely on Rasheed Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    why did u put an astericks where a u should be when you said shut up. wow someones retarted.
    ISH gets better daily

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Its BIG BEN's fault as he defected from the fellowship

Chris McCosky has reported Flip will remain as head coach.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore matt1016's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That's okay by me. Flip had a good year. He seems to be developing the young guys - who was the last Piston coach that we could say that about?

Who is available to replace Flip anyways?

Michael Curry? He should take over in another year or two, when we're retooling a bit more and the expectations are lower.

Avery Johnson? Not sure if that would be a huge upgrade over the Flipper.

Jeff Van Gundy? Does he even want to coach anymore? Do we want to watch this team play slow-down ball even more?

Quote Originally Posted by gpfanz
    Its BIG BEN's fault as he defected from the fellowship
    I don't know if I agree with that. If Ben stayed, I think the complacency would've been even worse. And we would've been tied to him for 4 years, $48 mil (I think those were the contract numbers...)

Quote Originally Posted by blackout
    The Pistons are wallowing in mediocrity under Flip and if they don't get rid of him soon, Dumars might just dismantle the team and start over sooner then you think.
    Nah, mediocrity is something a lot worse than making the conference finals over and over. Lots of fans would switch places with the Piston true believers.

I don't get it. Joe Dumars is a smart guy. You'd think he realize by now this team will not get the NBA finals with Flip as the coach.

Perhaps this means Sheed or somebody else will get traded to shake up the roster.

If they keep Flip, I'd be surprised if the keep Sheed.

I rule the local playground daballa13's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fired?

Can't replace Sheed!