Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Default Re: Mavs sign Gerald Green to 1 yr deal;

I don't get the hype.

Green can't even crack the rotation at Min-freakin-Sota, played one or two games for the Rockets and got cut to make way for Mike Harris and Loren Woods, Loren freakin Woods. There has to be something wrong with the guy.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob

I don't get the hype.

Green can't even crack the rotation at Min-freakin-Sota, played one or two games for the Rockets and got cut to make way for Mike Harris and Loren Woods, Loren freakin Woods. There has to be something wrong with the guy.
    work ethic, thats what everyone is talking about....

Learning to shoot layups

Hopefully he got his attitude and work ethic in check cause he has all the physical tools.

Best poster ever High Potential's Avatar

He was cut by the rebuilding Wolves desperate for young talent and cut by the injury riddled Rockets. This move wreaks of desperation on the Mavs part.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

I just remembered last off-season when people said Gerald Green was going to be better than Monta Ellis.

Put yr guns up

Rockets probably wanted to keep a roster spot open. Not that worried about it.

man i wanted the warriors to sign Gerald ****

now we need to go after JR

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    work ethic, thats what everyone is talking about....
    So suddenly after what 5 years into his career he is suddenly going to work his butt off?

You would think not cracking rotation for the freakin rebuilding timberwolves would of woken him up.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Should be good for one or two highlight dunks.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

His record is 42-101, thats 0.294%.

Doesn't sound like a 'winner'.

Huge Gerald Green fan so obviously I'm just delighted he's on 'a' team for now, even if he doesn't make the final cut after camp. Would have loved him to go to the Bobcats

I think this is an underrated pickup. It's obvious any team with Jason Kidd on it needs to become more of an uptempo team which is exactly what Gerald would fit into nicely. Use his athletic tools rather than his brainpower (or lack of it) to your advantage.

College superstar

it would be funny if gerald has the best season of his career next year, and he ****s on the rockets everytime the mavs play against the rockets next season. rockets are known for ****ting on players from the home town of houston. (rashard lewis, john lucas III). i wouldn't be surprised if green has a breakout season next year. especially playing with jason kidd.

Good pick up by the Mavs. This is definitely a plus.

Dude has been barefoot since the dunk contest, good pickup.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

When he got to Minny, they were already trying to develop McCants and Brewer. He ended up not being one of their guys and the odd man out. And McHale didn't like him. And we've seen the kind of talent judge McHale is.

Green called the move to his hometown team "a dream come true," but his stay lasted less than three weeks. With emerging rookie Carl Landry suffering from a knee injury after Yao Ming already was lost to foot surgery, the Rockets needed more rebounding in the midst of what would become a 22-game winning streak. They signed Harris, a rookie forward from Rice, and released Green on March 8.

"We started out after the deadline with only five healthy bigs, and then two of them went down, so I really had no choice but to add one," Morey said. "Gerald was the only player we had who didn't have future money or was in the rotation, so unfortunately, he got caught up in a numbers-roster deal. We have a good coaching staff for young players, a good player development staff; they were all sort of disappointed in me that we had to make a move in that direction."

I think it's a low risk signing. Especially if they used the verterans min and left the MLE alone. Hopefully some of the vets on the Mavs can work with him and is work ethic. Maybe he's realizes this might be his last chance and grows up and puts in the effort. A young athletic guys who can run should benefit being on the court with Kidd. The ball is in his court, if he doesn't make it, minimal damage. Time to get some youth on this team instead of the parade of George, Jones, Hassell, Griffin, etc.