Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Just finished the game.... loved it right up until the ending

But i want to replay the game, was infiltrator paragon, gona go biotic renegade now... missed a couple of sidemissions, plus i got Tali/Quarians killed and accidentaly romanced Liara, when i wanted Ashley/Diana instead and cheating on Liara was not possible
    Last edited by pauk; 03-21-2012 at 10:29 AM.

and oh guys.. if you are gona play Infiltrator/Sniper (not sure if those other classes can have it or have at least infiltrators features which makes this weapon even better), this is the best gun / sniper rifle in mass effect history....

M112 RAPTOR:

It is semi-automatic with ridicilous firing rate... modify it with a "extended barrel" for extra damage and most importantly the "concentration module" which makes everything slow-motion when you zoom in, you can pick 20 enemies heads off in 1 second real time......... combine it with Warp Ammo and you are hell on earth/galaxy ...

Trust me... once you try this you will NEVER try another gun / sniper rifle ever.... those others are just waaaaaaaaaay to slow, by the time you kill one enemy with the "strongest sniper rifle" this Sniper has already killed them all....

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I just checked and yea, almost exactly the same. 33h 58m.
    Yet they claim 40 hours. I love how they exaggerate lol. I did like 98 percent completion and got 34 hours like you. Hey guys what's the highest damage power you've seen in the game so far? For me it's Lift Grenade. It does like 1600 damage with right build.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I'm enjoying Engineer because I can let my machines kill for me... but combat is nowhere near as engaging as it was as a Vanguard. I may try Sentinel now for Lift Grenade which absolutely rapes. I also hear Sentinel is fun to play. If anybody has experience with it let me know how it is.

What did u guys think about the ending? I was like

[QUOTE]To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I

Learning to shoot layups eppelp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    What did u guys think about the ending? I was like

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Its really not fair tho.... all my decisions and all my love poured into the the entire mass effect series and especially this game is just wasted.... I am thinking i might see little sense in replaying any of those games now since I know that will ultimately end in a Red, Green or Blue colored plothole........

those last 15-30 minutes............ suddenly surrounded by plotholes, I was confronted with more questions instead of closure.......... illogical cut-scenes and a horrible and unfinished A, B or C ending - in which merely the color and about 30 second of the following cut-scene differed from each other........ everything that was provided to the player in 2 1/2 of the games was thrown overboard and replaced with a Deus Ex Machina that in itself appears to be highly illogical........

Choices meant nothing, renegade or paragon meant nothing...... the previous 100 hours of time poured into the entire saga meant nothing.... Instead we are given a very dark and grim ending - not even to display a heroic sacrifice - simply for the sake of being dark and grim........
    No matter what you choose - there is no "happy ending", there is not even a "good ending"...... there is simply a big void...... Nothing makes sense and the promised closure was never provided at all..........

i am aware that this is my personal opinion and to those who enjoyed the ending and can even face replaying the first two games again - I truly envy you........ for me - those 15-30 minutes ruined the entire saga.....

So if you plan to play Mass Effect 3, I would truly suggest that you prepare for heartbreaking over an utterly sad way to finish, what could have been one of the best sci-fi games in history...........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Grrrreeeeaaat. Sell us some DLC to make up for the shit you messed up on initially

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Its really not fair tho.... all my decisions and all my love poured into the the entire mass effect series and especially this game is just wasted.... I am thinking i might see little sense in replaying any of those games now since I know that will ultimately end in a Red, Green or Blue colored plothole........

those last 15-30 minutes............ suddenly surrounded by plotholes, I was confronted with more questions instead of closure.......... illogical cut-scenes and a horrible and unfinished A, B or C ending - in which merely the color and about 30 second of the following cut-scene differed from each other........ everything that was provided to the player in 2 1/2 of the games was thrown overboard and replaced with a Deus Ex Machina that in itself appears to be highly illogical........

Choices meant nothing, renegade or paragon meant nothing...... the previous 100 hours of time poured into the entire saga meant nothing.... Instead we are given a very dark and grim ending - not even to display a heroic sacrifice - simply for the sake of being dark and grim........
    No matter what you choose - there is no "happy ending", there is not even a "good ending"...... there is simply a big void...... Nothing makes sense and the promised closure was never provided at all..........

i am aware that this is my personal opinion and to those who enjoyed the ending and can even face replaying the first two games again - I truly envy you........ for me - those 15-30 minutes ruined the entire saga.....

So if you plan to play Mass Effect 3, I would truly suggest that you prepare for heartbreaking over an utterly sad way to finish, what could have been one of the best sci-fi games in history...........
    MAJOR SPOILERS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_...eature=channel

That's what I don't get. It's fine to say you like the ending, having Shepard die doesn't bother me, but I don't see how you can overlook the inconsistencies and plot holes, or how you could write them and think its good work and be miffed when people point it out. They haven't actively tried to explain their thought process into writing the ending they did, they just go on about their artistic integrity being infringed upon when people complain.

Plus the backlash probably wouldn't have been so strong if they didn't spend ages blowing smoke up people's asses saying how every choice you made in the 3 games was going to all end up determining how the game ended. It didn't make a damn difference really.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Am I the only one who didn't hate the ending? I thought it was quite good. Too much stock being put into how a game ends tbh, ME3 on the whole kicked ass anyway.
    conceptually the idea was good but the presentation killed it. the same video masquerading as different endings, plot holes, no epilogue etc. Had they taken time to flesh out the scenarios better it probably wouldn't have resulted in the uproar. It was just lazy, rushed work. no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    conceptually the idea was good but the presentation killed it. the same video masquerading as different endings, plot holes, no epilogue etc. Had they taken time to flesh out the scenarios better it probably wouldn't have resulted in the uproar. It was just lazy, rushed work. no way around it.
    Exactly...

i dont mind a happy or sad ending or whatever style of ending... i just want a good ending, i want closure, logic, sense... They promised exactly that when they talked about the ending, but didnt deliver....

Learning to shoot layups eppelp's Avatar

Anyone knew that you can listen to the new "Blasto - partners in crime" movie? If you haven't i recommend you do. If you don't know who Blasto is: He is the first Hanar spectre with an elcor partner. Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXf7HC7iYEY

look what i just found out... the photo of Tali in ME3 is actually a stock internet photo they edited a bit...

Last edited by pauk; 03-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.