Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #16
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Happy Cinco de Mayo?

cinco de mayo is a holiday? lmfao..... celebrating what? quatre de juin.. new holiday invented by me. how stupid

canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Oscar Wilde?

I almost put except for Oscar Wilde

Quote:
Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

Quote:
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

There's so many more too.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #18
SherlockHolmes
Banned

SherlockHolmes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer
cinco de mayo is a holiday? lmfao..... celebrating what? quatre de juin.. new holiday invented by me. how stupid

How dare you disrespect the millions of brown people that fought for future brownies so that they could live in freedom. It's not a national holiday but its still acknowledged by people all over the world as a day to celebrate our Mexican heritage while drinking Dos Equis and other fine Mexican drinks.
SherlockHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Not true considering the US couldve easily put Vietnam in their misery with another atomic bomb.

Texas > France
Texas > California

Idiot. Netherlands once beat Spain, Enbgland and France. Therefore Netherlands > those countries?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockHolmes
How dare you disrespect the millions of brown people that fought for future brownies so that they could live in freedom. It's not a national holiday but its still acknowledged by people all over the world as a day to celebrate our Mexican heritage while drinking Dos Equis and other fine Mexican drinks.

And playing futbol in the streets
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #21
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Well argued. You should send this to the Mexican president. I think they'd have no choice but to discontinue it.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

"DURR WHY IS IT A HOLDAY?? HUHUHUH I'LL MAKE MY OWN HOLIDAY! I'M GONNA CALL IT THE 4TH OF JULY HAHAHHAHA" And you guys wonder why people hate Americans?

Biggest holiday in Colorado, in fact, Denver has the largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the world! CRAZY

And to continue the argument from earlier:

Iraq>USA
Afghanistan>USA
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cinco De Mayo is huge in SF. People celebrated heavy this past week. There was a big party in the park that I live next to:

MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #24
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Texas as a state beat Mexico to gain independence. France lost to Mexico as a country. Texas > France.

Actually, France occupied Mexico for a while. Cinco De Mayo is the date of the Battle Of Puebla, a battle where heavily outnumbered Mexican forces were victorious against the stronger, better equipped French army. The French ended up winning the war and occupying Mexico City not too long after the Battle of Puebla.

The Battle Of Puebla was more like The Alamo or parts of the American Revolution, or Willis Reed in Game 7, where the weary outnumbered troops rallied and defeated the stronger and better quipped enemy.

Somewhere along the line though, Cinco De Mayo was confused for Mexico's Independence Day, which is a common misconception still. And then elsewhere down the line it became it's own entity, a celebration of Hispanic pride, in the vein of St. Patrick's Day. I believe it's sparsely celebrated in Mexico, but here in the U.S. Hispanics of all backgrounds celebrate it for their heritage.

And knowing is half the battle.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

this is only celebrated in California and Mexico
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #26
canadianballer
Banned

canadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercanadianballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
"DURR WHY IS IT A HOLDAY?? HUHUHUH I'LL MAKE MY OWN HOLIDAY! I'M GONNA CALL IT THE 4TH OF JULY HAHAHHAHA" And you guys wonder why people hate Americans?

Biggest holiday in Colorado, in fact, Denver has the largest Cinco de Mayo celebration in the world! CRAZY

And to continue the argument from earlier:

Iraq>USA
Afghanistan>USA

june

I dont wonder why people hate Americans.. they are ignorant pricks
canadianballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #27
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Oscar Wilde?

repped.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #28
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianballer

you really are one ignorant mother****er. Just being on the same board as you makes me feel stupid. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_mayo at least it commemorates an actual military victory whereas the 4th of july commemorates what exactly? the day the continental congress passed the resolution of independence? No, that was the 2nd. The day the delegates signed the dec? No, that was august 2nd.

and, hawker, ifs and buts make candy and nuts, hows that go. Gonna wonna shunna. by your initial logic regarding texass, vietnam>USA

Last edited by boozehound : 05-05-2009 at 05:55 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
first off thats not true. Its really only celebrated in the state of Puebla traditionally. But it is now celebrated across much of the US and mexico. quit putting cali on a pedestal.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Apparently knowing is not half the battle, or ignorance truly is bliss, cuz I just broke it down for everybody, and yet this is immediately following my post.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: